Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County's Program
what is goin on with magoffin football?
What do you mean?
i heard that thet r ending the program due 2 lack of coaching
haven't heard anything. It's not on any other sites or anything
Strikeout King Wrote:haven't heard anything. It's not on any other sites or anything

I have heard that Coach McCoy went to the Principal and then to the Super. Requesting help and none has been given.

(WHAT's BEST FOR KIDS)

We all keep hearing statements like this but when it comes time to act on them and put one step in front of the other these "SO CALLED" ADMINISTRATORS make the decision that will benifit the kids of their districts the least and help them get a pat on the back and a more popular name for helping ADULTS.......

Fact is this: a basketball team will have 4, 5 or 6 coaches in most counties! Its not the football coaches fault that he chooses to take on a task and there is no adequate coaches with good experience and of a good caliber within the district working already!!! When this happens its the ADMINISTRATORS responiblity to give a Head Coach the tools necessary to carry out their expectations of the HEAD COACH, if not then their expectations should be ZERO!!!!!
So are they going to have a team this year or not? If not, then we're looking at only 9 games and that takes a very winnable game from us. More importantly, I feel bad for the kids at Magoffin if that's the case.
The program could very well fold. They cut the teaching job of the only assistant coach that also taught in the school district. He also happened to be Coach McCoy's son. Not exactly what I would call looking out for your program and your coaches by the Supt. The Board has never given the right type of support to any of their sports programs, football especially. Thats why Magoffin constantly loses good students to every district around them with better facilities and sports programs.
That's a shame. I have a lot of respect for Coach McCoy and what he has done at Magoffin County.

If there is a school in KY who is serious about investing in their football program to make it competitive then McCoy is a fantastic candidate. I would like to see what he could do with a school with facilities, administrative backing, community support, and revenue in place.
Any word?
Surely they'll at least finish this season out.
What is the latest?
Coach McCoy has got Magoffin back to being a respectable football program. What's the deal? Give the guy what he needs, bottom line.