Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 2011
What do the Rebels need to do to make it back to the state championship game and bring back another state title to Danville?

Aug 19, 11 Highlands home 7:30 PM
Aug 27, 11 Allen County-Scottsville home 7:45 PM
Sep 2, 11 Danville away 7:30 PM
Sep 9, 11 John Hardin away 7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11 Taylor County away 7:30 PM
Sep 30, 11 Lexington Catholic home 7:30 PM
Oct 7, 11 Hancock County, TN away 8:00 PM
Oct 14, 11 Marion County home 7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11 Mercer County away 8:00 PM
Oct 28, 11 Whitley County home 7:30 PM
Strikeout King Wrote:What do the Rebels need to do to make it back to the state championship game and bring back another state title to Danville?

Aug 19, 11 Highlands home 7:30 PM
Aug 27, 11 Allen County-Scottsville home 7:45 PM
Sep 2, 11 Danville away 7:30 PM
Sep 9, 11 John Hardin away 7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11 Taylor County away 7:30 PM
Sep 30, 11 Lexington Catholic home 7:30 PM
Oct 7, 11 Hancock County, TN away 8:00 PM
Oct 14, 11 Marion County home 7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11 Mercer County away 8:00 PM
Oct 28, 11 Whitley County home 7:30 PM

Beat Highlands! :biggrin:

Seriously, they just need to reload like they have in the past. Keep moving forward. They have a great team that is capable of bringing home a state title. They just have to leave it all on the football field. :Thumbs:
Where is Hancock Co.,Tn?
Rocky Top Wrote:Where is Hancock Co.,Tn?

All I know is that it's about 3 hours 15 minutes away from Danville. Same distance as Christian County from Danville. They aren't much of a football school yet but apparently they have some athletes.
Rocky Top Wrote:Where is Hancock Co.,Tn?

Nowhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About 2hr from barborville. They r terrible!! Play little league against knox. Worst football field I have ever seen.
I read online last night that Coach French said he would prefer to play closer to home, but he would rather play a full schedule even if it means traveling to another state. It was also reported in the same article that Hancock contacted Boyle County about playing each other

http://articles.centralkynews.com/2011-0...ounty-team
Strikeout King Wrote:I read online last night that Coach French said he would prefer to play closer to home, but he would rather play a full schedule even if it means traveling to another state. It was also reported in the same article that Hancock contacted Boyle County about playing each other

http://articles.centralkynews.com/2011-0...ounty-team

Yep. Larry was having a hard time finding that last game because not too many teams want to play Boyle County. They were done with schedule when Larry got the call.
Boyle will be very good. Devon Cox will be a monster at tailback and Zach Hester is a beast. That being said them breaking in a whole new oline and quarterback has me thinking LexCath will rise up and take back the district. We have Sep. 30 circled on our calenders over here for sure! Hope its another good one
BoyleCounty Wrote:All I know is that it's about 3 hours 15 minutes away from Danville. Same distance as Christian County from Danville. They aren't much of a football school yet but apparently they have some athletes.

I found it,took a look in my road atlas. The Co. next over from Clayborne Co.
Rocky Top Wrote:I found it,took a look in my road atlas. The Co. next over from Clayborne Co.

Correct. The football program at Hancock County is relatively new.
Hancock Tn plays Middlesboro to. Do they play any other schools from ky.

Congrats to Boyle on winning the Union College passing games today.
Who was at the Union College passing tourney?
Good news as Boyle will have a new quarterback in charge this year. IMO the passing game was going to be their weekness. With Devin Cox, the running game will not miss a beat. I thought that the KHSAA stopped all the passing events in hgh school?
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:Boyle will be very good. Devon Cox will be a monster at tailback and Zach Hester is a beast. That being said them breaking in a whole new oline and quarterback has me thinking LexCath will rise up and take back the district. We have Sep. 30 circled on our calenders over here for sure! Hope its another good one

As well as it's circled on our calenders too. IMO there is no team in the state that Boyle looks more forward to playing, than Lexington Cathoic.
They stopped passing in the month of June against other teams.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Who was at the Union College passing tourney?

Boyle,Rockcastle,Knox Cent.,Southwestern,South Laurel,Pineville,Lynn Camp and someone else.Don't know that 8th team,sorry.
Rebel55 Wrote:Good news as Boyle will have a new quarterback in charge this year. IMO the passing game was going to be their weekness. With Devin Cox, the running game will not miss a beat. I thought that the KHSAA stopped all the passing events in hgh school?

With Hastings still at Governor's Scholars this is a good start for Whittle. It will be very interesting to see who wins the starting job.
Rebel55 Wrote:As well as it's circled on our calenders too. IMO there is no team in the state that Boyle looks more forward to playing, than Lexington Cathoic.

Rebel55,I got Hancock Co., Tn. circled on my calender. Love playing a Tennessee team.lol
Rebel55 Wrote:As well as it's circled on our calenders too. IMO there is no team in the state that Boyle looks more forward to playing, than Lexington Cathoic.

I agree. I think it has surpassed the Danville game when it comes to anticipated games. Mainly because every LexCath game has more on the line than bragging rights. The Danville game is still very large and this year's Danville game will likely go down to the wire. I think the LexCath game is a hair more intense and anticipated.

I also have firsthand knowledge that LexCath players are extremely confident about their chances against Boyle County and are predicting 2 victories over the Rebels this year and are not shy to express those feelings.
Rocky Top Wrote:Boyle,Rockcastle,Knox Cent.,Southwestern,South Laurel,Pineville,Lynn Camp and someone else.Don't know that 8th team,sorry.

Thank you for the info. Any idea who they played in the finals?
Rocky Top Wrote:Rebel55,I got Hancock Co., Tn. circled on my calender. Love playing a Tennessee team.lol

They are terrible so don't waste your time on the trip unless you have a son that plays on the freshman team.
Boyle beat SW Pulaski in finals, SW beat Rock in the semis. According to Facebook, Whittle threw 20 TD and only 2 Int in the 6 games
Better defense to start with.
RebelPride Wrote:Boyle beat SW Pulaski in finals, SW beat Rock in the semis. According to Facebook, Whittle threw 20 TD and only 2 Int in the 6 games

I know that Boyle County won the passing tournament but how did they look? Did they dominate?
No they did not. Couple of close games. Especially finals. Was not there but got updates all day. To answer 55, they can no longer slay any 7 on 7's in june. Also cannot play any after they have put on pads. About a two week window now. I think
Highlands??????????? New top dog in 4a. Bye Bye Boyle. Boyle finally got a team in their class that cheats more than they can.LOL,LOL,LOL
joejoe Wrote:Highlands??????????? New top dog in 4a. Bye Bye Boyle. Boyle finally got a team in their class that cheats more than they can.LOL,LOL,LOL

Now there is a thought provoking, highly intelligent statement.
Nah its just Joejoe. He can't understand why E. Jessamine cant beat Boyle with bigger faster players. So he says the Rebels roid up and crap like that all the time. Couldn't be better coaching, bigger heart and more prep. Must be cheating. Oh Joejoe, I'm gonna miss you this year.
joejoe Wrote:Highlands??????????? New top dog in 4a. Bye Bye Boyle. Boyle finally got a team in their class that cheats more than they can.LOL,LOL,LOL

Ah, kids these days.

:moon:
Boyle could take a couple of lumps early,but i think they will be ok come playoff time,and contend for another state title.:Thumbs: