Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County 2011
What do the Musketeers need to do to improve from last year's 5-6 Team that made the playoffs?

Aug. 19, 11 Pike County Central 8:00 pm
Aug. 26, 11 @ Russell 7:30 pm
Sep. 2, 11 OPEN
Sep. 9, 11 Raceland 7:30 pm
Sep. 16, 11 @ Grant County 7:30 pm
Sep. 23, 11 @ Fairview 7:30 pm
Sep. 30, 11 @ Rowan County 7:30 pm
Oct. 7, 11 Johnson Central 7:30 pm
Oct. 14, 11 @ Ashland Blazer 7:30 pm
Oct. 21, 11 Boyd County 7:30 pm
Oct. 29, 11 @ Letcher County Central 1:30 pm
GC will have a very food backfield again this year with Marsh, Williams, Aeh and maybe track star Travis Murphy. Also heard a rumor that Darius Jackson was going to come out this year, if so he could see some time back there also. Line will be young with alot of inexperience. Look for Tackett and Nichols to be at the tackles. I know there have been alot of new faces out for Coach Mullins in the off season. I could be interesting to see what these new kids bring to the table. Also heard from a source that Lithicum was going to play this season. If so that would be a huge target for Mullins to work with. QB will be a question mark. Im assuming soph Josh Barney will be your starter. All and all if the pieces fall right, GC could suprise a team or two this season.
Strikeout King Wrote:What do the Musketeers need to do to improve from last year's 5-6 Team that made the playoffs?

Aug. 19, 11 Pike County Central 8:00 pm
Aug. 26, 11 @ Russell 7:30 pm
Sep. 2, 11 OPEN
Sep. 9, 11 Raceland 7:30 pm
Sep. 16, 11 @ Grant County 7:30 pm
Sep. 23, 11 @ Fairview 7:30 pm
Sep. 30, 11 @ Rowan County 7:30 pm
Oct. 7, 11 Johnson Central 7:30 pm
Oct. 14, 11 @ Ashland Blazer 7:30 pm
Oct. 21, 11 Boyd County 7:30 pm
Oct. 29, 11 @ Letcher County Central 1:30 pm

Not trying to take anything away from Greenup Co. Because they did have a good season. But doesn't 99% of the teams in the state make the playoffs? The trick to have a great season is to win a few rounds in the playoffs.
I've heard all year that GC will be very young this year. And with a new coaching staff. I believe everyone will just have to set back and watch this young team develop. And hopefully they won't start playing at the top of their game till after Sept 9. :biggrin:
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Not trying to take anything away from Greenup Co. Because they did have a good season. But doesn't 99% of the teams in the state make the playoffs? The trick to have a great season is to win a few rounds in the playoffs.
I've heard all year that GC will be very young this year. And with a new coaching staff. I believe everyone will just have to set back and watch this young team develop. And hopefully they won't start playing at the top of their game till after Sept 9. :biggrin:
Coach Mullins will have them ready to play by the time Sept. 9 rolls around. The Rams are yet to stop the Belly. Maybe 3rd time is the charm for the Rams. Maybe not. Marsh and Williams will both put up big rushing numbers in that game.
Williams going to play Fullback or halfback this year? I know Aeh has played a ton the past 2years at fullback. All 3 Aeh, Marsh and Williams will do good but when teams put 8-9guys in the box can we even pass? QB and DB's will be the biggest question marks going into the fall. O-Line will be okay with Tackett, Nichlos, Cody Williams and TE Jeff Sparks(all seniors).
Bench350 Wrote:Williams going to play Fullback or halfback this year? I know Aeh has played a ton the past 2years at fullback. All 3 Aeh, Marsh and Williams will do good but when teams put 8-9guys in the box can we even pass? QB and DB's will be the biggest question marks going into the fall. O-Line will be okay with Tackett, Nichlos, Cody Williams and TE Jeff Sparks(all seniors).
Williams will be at HB. Heard as really increased his speed this off season.
They need to train harder on their strength and conditioning, and also there linebackers need to worker harder, on their blitz's.
So, any updates on practice? Kosar?
Backfield is looking like a mix Marsh, Jackson, Aeh, and Williams.