Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will be the best first game of the new season to see?
Are their any week one rival games that fans feel shoud be a midseason matchup?
The best 1st game of the season will be Highlands VS Boyle.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:The best 1st game of the season will be Highlands VS Boyle.

Yeah, that one shouldn't be too shabby. :Thumbs:
^The above posters are correct, Highlands-Boyle without a doubt.
Bell County Vs. Lexington Catholic should be a good one on log mtn
If you can't drive to Boyle Co. - and that is no doubt the best opening game - the two best in the west will be Paducah Tilghman vs. Lone Oak Aug. 19 at Tilghman. The schools are just 3 miles apart, but have not played in several years. Also Bowling Green vs. ACS on Aug. 20 will be an outstanding game.
Ashland at lawrence county will be a great one.
Tica Wrote:If you can't drive to Boyle Co. - and that is no doubt the best opening game - the two best in the west will be Paducah Tilghman vs. Lone Oak Aug. 19 at Tilghman. The schools are just 3 miles apart, but have not played in several years. Also Bowling Green vs. ACS on Aug. 20 will be an outstanding game.

:Thumbs:
Defintely Highlands and Boyle County. That place is going to be packed.
Boyle / Highlands.
Boyle County/Highlands takes home the cake. Like GetChili said, that place is going to packed.
Agreed with all the above. Highlands/Boyle.
I've heard that the HHS/Boyle game will be on ICN in NKY, any truth to that?
I agree the HHS/Boyle Co. game will be the week-0 premier game. But what are some other great week-0 matchups? We already have listed Ashland/Lawrence Co. and P.T/Lone Oak. I'll put in what should be a really good rematch from last years 1A playoffs,Harlan/Pikeville. It doesn't have the notoriety that HHS/Boyle has but should be a solid game none the less. The new and,should be,improved Dragons will be held to the fire early and after the 35 point womp'in Pikeville gave them in the first quarter of their playoff game they are anxious to prove themselves. Pikeville has the edge being at home and probably a slightly more vetran team but it should be a great game to watch anyways. What are some other matchups?
Highlands vs. Boyle County, but there are other good games too

Lexington Catholic vs. Bell County
John Hardin vs. Henry Clay
Apollo vs. Owensboro Catholic
Newport Central Catholic vs. Dixie Heights
Bowling Green vs. Allen County- Scottsville
I'll probably make the trip north to see LC play Ashland.
GetChili Wrote:Defintely Highlands and Boyle County. That place is going to be packed.

I heard Boyle is installing some temporary stands for the game. Should be an overflow crowd.
It looks to me that Prestonsburg at Perry Co. Central could be a great game to watch. Prestonsburg returns almost everyone from a team that lost in the 2A region finals last season. They should make a run on the state 2A title this season. PCC returns almost all their skilled positions from a team that lost to Pulaski Co. in the first game of the 5A playoffs. It is shaping up to be a real test for a very good 2A powerhouse in Prestonsburg. Could be very interesting.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:The best 1st game of the season will be Highlands VS Boyle.

MIGHT be a good game, will most certainly have the most state-wide hype going into it, but I'd take HHS by 3 touchdowns.

Tica Wrote:If you can't drive to Boyle Co. - and that is no doubt the best opening game - the two best in the west will be Paducah Tilghman vs. Lone Oak Aug. 19 at Tilghman. The schools are just 3 miles apart, but have not played in several years. Also Bowling Green vs. ACS on Aug. 20 will be an outstanding game.

Lone Oak vs. Tilghman would be a game that I would pay to see. Could end up being the best game across the bluegrass.
I would love to see the game between Lexington Cathloic and Bell Co,but will settle for the Boyle Co. and Highlands game. Wish one of those games was played on the 20th,then I can have my cake and eat it too.:please::biggrin:
I don't think that any 4A team will be able to compete with Highlands early in the season. I think both the Bell County-Lexington Catholic and Bowling Green-Allen County-Scottsville games will probably be more competitive than Boyle-HHS. (But I hope that I am wrong.)
Let's make this clear. The title doesn't say, "what will be the most competitive game of the first week?" It clearly says, "What will be the best first game of the new season to see?" Both teams are the top dogs in 4A. They are both top dogs in the state. Both have several state championships. Boyle is Boyle, Highlands is Highlands, who doesn't want to SEE this game?

Highland's is a slight favorite, IMO. But don't count out Boyle County.
Highlands/Boyle County
BoyleCounty Wrote:Let's make this clear. The title doesn't say, "what will be the most competitive game of the first week?" It clearly says, "What will be the best first game of the new season to see?" Both teams are the top dogs in 4A. They are both top dogs in the state. Both have several state championships. Boyle is Boyle, Highlands is Highlands, who doesn't want to SEE this game?

Highland's is a slight favorite, IMO. But don't count out Boyle County.
If a game is not moderately competitive, it is hard for me to see it as a must-see game. Boyle County may give Highlands a run for the title but I think Highlands returns too much talent for any 4A to challenge them early in the season. I think Highlands will be a very solid favorite in the game, but as I said - I hope that I am wrong. I would love to see HHS start the season on a losing note but I just don't think it will happen.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If a game is not moderately competitive, it is hard for me to see it as a must-see game. Boyle County may give Highlands a run for the title but I think Highlands returns too much talent for any 4A to challenge them early in the season. I think Highlands will be a very solid favorite in the game, but as I said - I hope that I am wrong. I would love to see HHS start the season on a losing note but I just don't think it will happen.

You're entitled to your own opinion. However, the game is going to be competitive. Just be there. :Thumbs:

You may leave the game with a smile on your face. :biggrin:
Theres no game that no one has mentioned but i really think its going to be a true battle.

Trinity vs Brentwood Academy in TN
u count out boyle co and u will go home crying.they dont rebuild they reload.
bac2369 Wrote:Theres one game that no one has mentioned but i really think its going to be a true battle.

Trinity vs Brentwood Academy in TN

Just looking at the name of the schools, its set up to be a great matchup.

But... Trinity is just loaded with talent, I think this game could be one-sided
Boyle vs Highlands for sure
Boyle Co - Highlands