Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green County 2011
What do the Dragons need to do to improve from last year's 8-4 Team that made the playoffs?

Aug. 20, 11 Evansville Central, IN at Campbellsville University Forcht Bank Bowl
Aug. 27, 11 Washington County at Marion County 5:30 pm Heart of Kentucky Pigskin Classic
Sep. 2, 11 Casey County 7:30 pm
Sep. 9, 11 LaRue County 8:00 pm
Sep. 15, 11 @ Campbellsville Cow Bowl
Sep. 23, 11 @ Danville 7:30 pm
Sep. 30, 11 Metcalfe County 7:00 pm
Oct. 7, 11 OPEN
Oct. 14, 11 Glasgow 7:30 pm
Oct. 21, 11 @ Clinton County 7:30 pm
Oct. 28, 11 Lexington Christian 7:30 pm
Strikeout King Wrote:What do the Dragons need to do to improve from last year's 8-4 Team that made the playoffs?

Aug. 20, 11 Evansville Central, IN at Campbellsville University Forcht Bank Bowl
Aug. 27, 11 Washington County at Marion County 5:30 pm Heart of Kentucky Pigskin Classic
Sep. 2, 11 Casey County 7:30 pm
Sep. 9, 11 LaRue County 8:00 pm
Sep. 15, 11 @ Campbellsville Cow Bowl
Sep. 23, 11 @ Danville 7:30 pm
Sep. 30, 11 Metcalfe County 7:00 pm
Oct. 7, 11 OPEN
Oct. 14, 11 Glasgow 7:30 pm
Oct. 21, 11 @ Clinton County 7:30 pm
Oct. 28, 11 Lexington Christian 7:30 pm
All I can tell you is this....Mike Griffiths WILL have them ready to play. He's done a good job with that program, really cares about it since he also came out of there. Seems like they always have a very strong rushing attack, maybe I've missed a couple years where they haven't, but traditionally strong on the ground. That's what carries you come playoff time (with defense too, of course). I don't know enough about their roster, etc. to make a call on this, but I wish my old buddy Mike good luck on the season!
Rush defense has to improve for Green County and the line on both sides will be a question mark. Green is loaded with skill player, but will they have people to block for them?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Green County has everyone back on the Defensive line so that should be an area of strength this season. They have lots of skills players and will be tested out the gate with Evansville, and ends the season with a good test in LCA. AS for now not knowing much about the other teams I would say the district and Region comes down to Green Co. and Glasgow. But Washington Co. returns alot off a 9-2 team and Bardstown should be improved. CAL and DeSales always fields a decent team but I don't know much about either one of those. Maybe somebody with knowledge of the cross district teams can inform me.