Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News at The Valley
Coming at you straight from the classrooms of The Valley and courtesy of Coach Jason Booher is yet another great talent gone from the Shelby Valley Wildcats Boys Basketball Team. Junior John Johnson has officially quit the Boys Basketball Team much to the dismay of the student body, but i'm sure to the delight of one Head Coach Jason Booher. Mr. Johnson has given his reasoning for quitting the team and they should be evident to anyone who follows Boys Basketball. Earlier is they year his starting position was given to Logan Bryant and since then, the minutes has drastically dropped for the player known as Big John. He has slowly been taken out of the rotation and is fed up like many before him with the way the team is being run. So, brought to you, courtesy of FloridaFan is another shining moment in the Great career of Head Coach Jason Booher.:beg:
It's not the coaches fault when someone quits. If you can't suck it up and be a team player by giving up your minutes for other players then your team doesn't need you...
The only reason he wasnt playing was Because Booher didn't like him. He was alot better player than Bryant...
"piratefaithful" Wrote:The only reason he wasnt playing was Because Booher didn't like him. He was alot better player than Bryant...

That's sad if that's the case..
"piratefaithful" Wrote:The only reason he wasnt playing was Because Booher didn't like him. He was alot better player than Bryant...

Bryant is a point guard Jon is a center, it wasn't a case of Logan taking Jon's spot its a case of Booher going with a quicker, better ball handling lineup, opposed to a bigger squad. You can't sit here and compare the two players its more of a strategic move.

Another thing is the refs are so hard on Jon that he always has three fouls before halftime and fouls out alot of the time, the main thing keeping him off the court was foul trouble. He is just so big and strong that is he grazes another player, that player bounces about 5 feet and the ref calls it a foul 90% of the time.
Don't be surprised to see a couple more players do the same.
i hate to hear that he was a great kid and an good ball player could have helped them down the stretch...
WOW! This is surprising. But players quit all of the time in the 15th so just put him on the list with the others. Wasn't he the football player thta was pretty good?:confused:
This is the football player. That makes 6 players that played jv 2 years ago that have quit. Looks like out with the old and in with the new.
Is this the big kid #40 i think?
I hate to see Johnson quit... but on a positive note, I guess that will open up more playing time for Gary Thomas.
"SuperStar" Wrote:I hate to see Johnson quit... but on a positive note, I guess that will open up more playing time for Gary Thomas.

Good point
I hate to see John quit, but he seemed happy with his decision.

You're right SuperStar..Gary Thomas will get to see more playing time, which I think is a very good thing.
There is a spot open for him down at Pikeville for the football Panthers...lol. Hey it seems like the popular thing to do these days when the kids get unhappy at Valley...I have seen him play football and he would be a star for the Panthers. Regardless football is this kids sport and good luck to him next fall at Valley.
Why is it always a coaches fault when someone quits?
Back in the day, no one quit...you sucked it up!

Does anybody here really believe coaches play less talented players just because they don't like another player???
Coaches are under too much pressure to win to do this.

I heard Johnson was being recruited to play college football.
I hope the recruiters don't get wind of his quitting...players quitting in the middle of the season throws up a BIG RED Flag that reads PROBLEM CHILD.
Or you know John, you can always come to a more football like powerhouse in Jenkins, lol. We would love to have you! No seriously I wish you the best. Heard he was a great kid!
Yeah, why couldnt everybody on the team quit before coming from 600 down against our beloved Jenkins to pull out a Gene Hackman coached Hoosier win? Jeez, can't catch a break, lol
sad to hear
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:Yeah, why couldnt everybody on the team quit before coming from 600 down against our beloved Jenkins to pull out a Gene Hackman coached Hoosier win? Jeez, can't catch a break, lol
Now thats Funny lol
Why is it that Shelby Valley's best talent Hates to play for booher?...after all he did "run off" the best player in the mountains last year in Seth Kiser!...smooth move coach...lol
JC woild be glad to have him next year.......
C'mon down......:beg:
WEll Big Jon ... You can drive right over the mountain and come play for a real team.. who could use you in football too!!! Keep your head up Jon!! I know you are a great kid!!!!
"PHSFAN" Wrote:There is a spot open for him down at Pikeville for the football Panthers...lol. Hey it seems like the popular thing to do these days when the kids get unhappy at Valley...I have seen him play football and he would be a star for the Panthers. Regardless football is this kids sport and good luck to him next fall at Valley.

lol hes on that ball :BigLaugh:
"Instant Offense" Wrote:Bryant is a point guard Jon is a center, it wasn't a case of Logan taking Jon's spot its a case of Booher going with a quicker, better ball handling lineup, opposed to a bigger squad. You can't sit here and compare the two players its more of a strategic move.

Another thing is the refs are so hard on Jon that he always has three fouls before halftime and fouls out alot of the time, the main thing keeping him off the court was foul trouble. He is just so big and strong that is he grazes another player, that player bounces about 5 feet and the ref calls it a foul 90% of the time.

What is Valleys record since making this coaching move? I believe I would have went with the size advantage instead. Why not take out Jackson or the other Bryant or Mitch Riddle he hasn't done much this year? Looks like if Booher don't like you that means you sit.
"i-dono" Wrote:Why is it that Shelby Valley's best talent Hates to play for booher?...after all he did "run off" the best player in the mountains last year in Seth Kiser!...smooth move coach...lol

Lets not get carried away here... they did go to state without him...
They were lucky to go, only if Grimm had gotten three freethrows like he deserved.
Well, none the less, they made it to state without him. With as little as he cared about the game and his team, it probably helped them when they lost him. I'm not going to say he wasn't talented, he just lost his love for the game somewhere along the line.
Be a **** team player!!! Don't get upset and quit...suck it up and go on for god's sake.
"wildman_06" Wrote:Be a **** team player!!! Don't get upset and quit...suck it up and go on for god's sake.

When your team is struggling like Valley is and you are a talented player like Johnson but your stuck on the bench, I feel you reserve the right to be frustrated.
"basketballjones" Wrote:They were lucky to go, only if Grimm had gotten three freethrows like he deserved.
If only Grimm would have made the free throws he got...