Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top QB's in 2011
Who are some of the Top Quarterbacks in 2011?
Huff kid (Perry Central) and the Trent kid(Breathitt) have to be mentioned as far as the Mountains go. I believe Huff Should be on top of that list with his arm and ability to run as well. Just my opinion
Towels (Highlands) , Pike (Dixie) from NKY.
Cole Ousley - Lone Oak, will just be a soph.

227 of 349 for 3372 yards. in 13 games. #1 in 4A stats.
Alan Boggs from Pike Central
Regular Season Stats
129-225 2,697 39 TD 5 int
Rushing
72 416 yds 8 TDs
In order in KY c/o 12'

Patrick Towles - Highlands High - UK commit
Zeke Pike - Dixie Heights - Auburn Commit
Kyle Todd - E'town - Big arm and football family
Adam Wing - Oklahoma State Commit
Alan Boggs - Pike Central - Huge arm and 39 touchdowns last season
Cole Ousley - Lone Oak - insane numbers for a frosh last season
Alan Boggs would have to be rated very high; he is big, strong, can run the ball when it's the best option, makes good decisions, and is a super passer. What else would one need to qualify as one of the better QB's in KY?
Towles, Pike, Wing and Bolin come to mind for me.
Patrick Towles from Highlands and Zeke Pike from Dixie Heights of course. However, Kyle Bolin is the kid to watch out for. He is going to put up some huge numbers. Cole Ousley was just a freshmen last year so expect better numbers from him as well.
The Iceboxx Wrote:In order in KY c/o 12'

Patrick Towles - Highlands High - UK commit
Zeke Pike - Dixie Heights - Auburn Commit
Kyle Todd - E'town - Big arm and football family
Adam Wing - Oklahoma State Commit
Alan Boggs - Pike Central - Huge arm and 39 touchdowns last season
Cole Ousley - Lone Oak - insane numbers for a frosh last season

I don't disagree with his inclusion at all but perhaps it is a bit misleading to list him in the top KY H.S. QB thread as a Oklahoma State commit when he is a basketball commit to Okla State not football. The fact that he was a Marshall U. QB commit before decommitting does support that he belongs in the list but I think most would agree that is not the same as being a Okla State QB commit.
Issac Hardesty- Owensboro Catholic: over 3000 yards passing as a junior, led team to state finals
Brady Hightchew- Newport Central Catholic: he can throw some, most dangerous as a scrambling, rushing QB, but he's still a QB
Kiser from LC is good, but Wing from RC is great.
Andrew Risher - Christian Academy

6'3" - 190 legit 4.5 40 time and a very accurate arm. now in the right system to showcase his talent
Wing is playing basketball at OK st
Kyle Bolin from Catholic
tradition Wrote:Towels (Highlands) , Pike (Dixie) from NKY.

Way to name the two easiest on this list :1: lol
I forgot to add that Boggs is the 3A player of the year.
There are a lot of good QB's in the state. From a national prespective ESPN now has Towles as a 4 star and Pike a 3 star, which is interesting. Bolin in my opinion is going to have to get a little bigger. He has plenty of time to do that. He throws a very smooth ball.
boggs kid is over rated to short to play at the next level
MSU Eagle Wrote:Way to name the two easiest on this list :1: lol

Simple, they are from my area and the only two I have seen in action.

Won't comment on QB's I have not seen. Love hearing about the others across the state though.
Patrick Towles - Highlands
Zeke Pike - Dixie Heights

No brainier!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
ballhawg4ever Wrote:boggs kid is over rated to short to play at the next level

Boggs isn't that short, and let's see you say that to former Florida QB Chris Leak. Depending on who you ask Leak was 5'11 or 6ft. Boggs is at least 6'1 or 6'2 so height isn't a problem.

He is over rated? Is that why Louisville came to the school and talked to him? Marshall had him at 6' 2'' with his shoes off. Eastern, Marshall, Louisville, Cincinnati, Murray State are all interested in him. :please:
William Boggs Wrote:He is over rated? Is that why Louisville came to the school and talked to him? Marshall had him at 6' 2'' with his shoes off. Eastern, Marshall, Louisville, Cincinnati, Murray State are all interested in him. :please:

That's a pretty good list of schools and the list will only get better with time. That is, if he continues to improve. Good luck.
Are we talking the best high school QBs for this coming year or the highest ranked college recruits? There is often a HUGE difference. I've seen many outstanding high school QBs that weren't tall enough, fast enough, etc to get big time college scholarship offers. They nonetheless, were simply fantastic high school QBs that often lead their teams deep into the playoffs. Same holds true for every other position on the football field.

Thanks for your college scouting report.
That still doesn't mean he can't bomb it against teams in Ky HS Football....
which is what this thread is about I'm pretty sure.
There is some good QB this year. Boggs from Pike Central and Huff from Perry Central has to be in the top. JMO
"Boggs is too short," was mentioned a few posts back, and that got me to thinking. Are we talking about playing HS ball or are we talking about prospective college QB's?

As a HS QB, Alan Boggs is outstanding. As far as he is being considered as a potential college QB, I'll let the college scouts and recruiters decide.

But here is something to consider, let's see, Boggs is 6' 1" or 6' 2" and is also good with the run. But my point, I remember a super, All American QB from a few years ago that was 5' 9," his name was Doug Flutie.

Thus, never underestimate a player, for some will surprise us.
The Contrarian Wrote:"Boggs is too short," was mentioned a few posts back, and that got me to thinking. Are we talking about playing HS ball or are we talking about prospective college QB's?

im certain we are talking about high school QB's, and even talking about college prospects, size isn't as important as whether the QB can make smart choices and move the ball. size still matters, but its not the most important thing

would you rather have a 6'0 200lb QB that can pick apart a defense or a 6'5 235lb QB with a strong arm? if you picked the taller guy, you got ryan leaf. if you picked the smaller guy, you got drew brees
Harlan's Ty Saragas is definately not the biggest or the fastest,but he will be one to watch this season. He tied the school record for most touchdown passes in a season,25, and set the school record for most td passes in a game,6. He did this in his sophomore season while completing 145 passes on 238 attempts for 1,877yds and only 7 interceptions. He went on one streak and completed over 100 passes without an interception. Not bad for a sophomore. Big things are expected from him this season. He has all of his recievers back for,this,his junior season. If his line can give him the protection he needs he could have a banner year. Good luck Ty!!!