Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. 5 Johnson Central 4 (15th Region Championship)
Final... Radio said MC won on an error?
One question? How can a guy from Magoffin Co. and one of his best buddies call a regional title game with their home team in the finals. Two horrible calls at first give Magoffin 4 of their 5 runs. Good luck MC at Owensboro!!
Congrats Magoffin!!!!
Eagle Eye Wrote:One question? How can a guy from Magoffin Co. and one of his best buddies call a regional title game with their home team in the finals. Two horrible calls at first give Magoffin 4 of their 5 runs. Good luck MC at Owensboro!!

The was only one umpire from Magoffin and he never had one call to make all night.
Don't see how, where he lives comes into play?
You'll feel a whole lot better when you get over it.
Congrats Magoffin
Eagle Eye Wrote:One question? How can a guy from Magoffin Co. and one of his best buddies call a regional title game with their home team in the finals. Two horrible calls at first give Magoffin 4 of their 5 runs. Good luck MC at Owensboro!!

When JC wins you guys are awsome, when you lose you got cheated. I was at the game and here is the reason why I think JC lost the game. They were out coached!!!!!
BUNDY Wrote:When JC wins you guys are awsome, when you lose you got cheated. I was at the game and here is the reason why I think JC lost the game. They were out coached!!!!!

Nice come back!!! Can't really answer that can you!!! Just asked a simple question and of course you have no knowledge of what you are talking about!!!:yawn:
Eagle Eye Wrote:Nice come back!!! Can't really answer that can you!!! Just asked a simple question and of course you have no knowledge of what you are talking about!!!:yawn:

I just call them as I see them, but I don't have time to sit here and talk about last nights game. I have to make my travel plans for next week.
BUNDY Wrote:I just call them as I see them, but I don't have time to sit here and talk about last nights game. I have to make my travel plans for next week.

Have you already made reservations for the first and second base umpire?:Thumbs:
I wanna know exactly how the ump's calls exactly related to 4 of MC's 5 runs? I know one call they made that gave JC a run when the girl left 3rd early on a deep fly ball. Truth of the matter is JC was up 4 to 1 and MC battled back and won.
Was not there, but assume umpire from Magoffin was Greg Helton, and he has never gave Magoffin a call in his life, in fact he bends over backwards not to give magoffin a call. JC did not complain about him calling at Magoffin when they won 13-2 I believe. The difference Magoffin pitcher found her stuff again, fact is when both pitchers are on the two teams are very evenly matched, one mistake one error makes a difference as it obiviously did last night. Good luck Lady Hornets.
TayDaddy30 Wrote:I wanna know exactly how the ump's calls exactly related to 4 of MC's 5 runs? I know one call they made that gave JC a run when the girl left 3rd early on a deep fly ball. Truth of the matter is JC was up 4 to 1 and MC battled back and won.

Let me see if I can make it simple for you!!:Thumbs:

Score is 4-1 JC. Ground Ball and #2 hitter is out at first by at least a step and is called safe!!! Next girls strikes out which would have made two outs and that would have made a big difference in the way they pitched to the #4 hitter. Last run was scored after First base umpire gave the runner an extra gift base by sending her to second on a bonehead obstruction call. :popcorn: Can you understand that. And by the way the girl did not leave early watched it back on replay!!! Also watched the play at first on replay!!

On a positive note the CF made maybe the best catch I have seen in girls softball around here. Good luck in Owensboro!!!
Well I've not watched a replay of those calls so I'll take your word on them but you still can't say that those 2 calls decided the game and you can't blame Greg Helton either because both those calls were made at first base and he wasn't covering first JC still had their chances chances but in the end Magoffin executed better.

Btw why did JC play the bunt when the batter had 2 strikes leaving thrid uncovered and giving MC a chance to steal and leading to the error that decided the game?
BUNDY Wrote:When JC wins you guys are awsome, when you lose you got cheated. I was at the game and here is the reason why I think JC lost the game. They were out coached!!!!!

ok I am without a doubt a jchs fan. I have seen Johnson Central and Magoffin Co play 3 times this year and each time I saw improvement with Magoffin Co and not just one or two of their players but almost every single one of them. I watched as they came together as a team and I knew they would be a force to reckon with in the post season. Here is what I have to say.....yes we got some bad calls.....but CONGRATULATIONS MCHS. Very well done. U beat us this time but better watch us. We WILL be back!!!!!! Good luck at state. Keep your heads on straight and do not be intimidated by the larger schools.