Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vargas Posts Another Double-Double
May 22, 2011

LEXINGTON, Ky. – University of Kentucky senior Eloy Vargas, along with several other collegiate basketball players, is traveling with Reach USA on a nine-game cultural exchange tour throughout China. This is a recount of his most recent game.

After grabbing eight rebounds and going scoreless in a 77-77 tie with the Lithuanian club team, Vargas bounced back with a 10-point, 12-rebound effort en route to a 79-72 win. It was Vargas’ second double-double in four games. He also added three blocked shots.

He is averaging 8.5 points and 8.8 rebounds in four games for Reach USA.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-bask...11aaa.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I am glad to see him doing well and hopefully this success will correlate into success with UK although I don't not how much playing time he will get even if he does improve his game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
So in one game he matched his entire season with the Cats! All we needed was a trace of contribution from Eloy this year!
This kid was so bad last year that he can't get any worse. He can only get better. So hopefully he continues to improve his game.
I love seeing Eloy doing work.
Harrellson really benefitted from playing over the summer. Hopefully this will help Vargas improve his game as well. We could have used about half these numbers from him this past season.
Da Horn Wrote:Harrellson really benefitted from playing over the summer. Hopefully this will help Vargas improve his game as well. We could have used about half these numbers from him this past season.

:Clap:
I hope he benefits like Jorts did but the reality is, UK doesn't need the same type of contribution from him this coming season. If he can just give eight minutes a game of mistake free basketball the BBN will love him.
I'd love him if he could have gave us that last year.