Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 9 Greenup County 2
Bulldogs end regular season with an overall record of 23-4on the 9-2 victory over Greenup County at home today. This group of seniors which include Shepherd,Banks,Musick,Cline,Parker,Moore,Balaklaw, and Compton have won if I'm not wrong 99 games through their careers. Bulldogs end the regular season on a good note beating two 16th region champs in East Carter, and Greenup County and now prepare 57th district tournament action.

LC will play winner of Sheldon Clark/ Magoffin County game Tuesday at 7:00 at Sheldon Clark High School.

Game stats

Banks-- 4/4 double, 2 RBI's

Shepherd 2/3- 2 runs

Rice-- 2/3 double, RBI

Moore-- 2/3

Cline 2/3

Bulldogs pitched four different guys today and Julius Musick picked up the win for LC. Greenup plagued themselves with errors, two costly ones that could have cut a 5-0 lead to 1-0.One error that could have potentially turned into double-play at second baseman then with bases loaded a ball hit right back to the pitcher and the pitcher hurried the throw to the plate and threw it low and it went past the catcher and two players scored for LC.

The Bulldogs scored 9 runs on 12 hits and had 0 errors, Greenup scored 2 runs on six hits and stranded four runners and had four errors.

Congratulations to this group of young men who have been like brothers for a long time. Keep up the great work guys, go Bulldogs...
Congrats LC
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Bulldogs end regular season with an overall record of 23-4on the 9-2 victory over Greenup County at home today. This group of seniors which include Shepherd,Banks,Musick,Cline,Parker,Moore,Balaklaw, and Compton have won if I'm not wrong 99 games through their careers. ...

Pretty sure this group has over 100 wins.

2008: 32 wins
2009: 23 wins
2010: 24 wins
2011: 23 wins

Total: 102
Congrats to LC. Sad to see this group of seniors go. What a great bunch of ballplayers & all around good guys. I think your are right on the 102 wins.
Thanks for the stats dawgeers, Great group of young men and the fun has only begun.
Some of these boys have been playing since 7th grade. I know Shep has because I seen him pitch as a 7th grader, so their would be two more seasons to the win column.
Congrats LC.