Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dell or HP?
I've heard a lot of problems about the Notebooks from Dell. I've also heard some problems about HP....

Which do you prefer and why?
I have a Compaq which is made by the same ppl as HP and it freaking sucks...Dude, get a Dell
alfus21 Wrote:I have a Compaq which is made by the same ppl as HP and it freaking sucks...Dude, get a Dell

Yea, kinda what I was leaning towards, just needed some input....Dell has awesome customer support too.....:thumb:
Yeah, I wish I would have gotten a Dell....This thing is a piece of crap..
Do not ever under any cir***stances EVER buy a HP or Compaq.
my compaq isnt bad, but it is a laptop. it gets done what i need it to. Me saying that might cause it to crash tonight though.......lol
OK im a walmart computer person so i have a compaq wich is't to bad but its not the best and if your gonna waste your money on those crappy computers yeah 400$-600$ sounds great think you getting a deal but your not they will cause more problems then anything they crash way to much and freez and there pretty slow....when i get the money im getting a Special Edition X-cruiser by cybertron loaded for 1000$
I bought my dell desktop for $450 like 2 years ago and have never had a single problem out of it.
I have a Dell laptop and I've had a few problems with it but they came out and fixed it because I had a warranty.. but I wouldn't get a HP.. I had a HP desktop and it was a piece of crap. Get the Dell.
I had an HP desktop a long, long time ago, close to 10 years or so...... and it was terrible. Not sure if they've gotten better since then. I'd take the Dell anyday of the week.
QQ built my computer for me so it's a no-brand and it works better than any of those brands...plus the support is amazing...lol....
I have a Dell and Gateway laptops--both have been fantastic!
i bought an ibm laptop for like 100$ like 6 years ago and its still doing ok besides the cracked screen but we just hooked a desktop screen to it so it works fine...
HP and Compaq's are a hassle to upgrade as well. I would go with Dell all the way in this matchup. However, when you do pick up that Dell if you haven't already, make sure you order a model with the Pentium processor instead of the Celeron, or ask if you can switch processors. The price is worth it.

Pentium > Celeron.

That is my only quarrel with the Dell products, they make them budgetable due to the inferior processor, which is something that should not be sacrificed.
All I have had in desktops have been Packard Bell, then I got HP's when they became a company. I have had very good luck out of HP's with every one I have had. We have a Toshiba laptop, the first hard drive was bad when it was brand new, got another one to put in it and it is working fine now.
dell, QQ can tell u better, he really knows this stuff.
Dell is where its at....................
TATE_64 Wrote:Dell is where its at....................

Hey Tate, you wanna get out of the bed and help put in a shifter today? Haha....

I think we're going to do it today as soon as I can get dumb and dumber to come around.....:big grin:
Add a little cash and a few :beer::beerwez:, you'll get a job well done.....Smile
Yeah we have a Dell notebook and its pimp......

I sent ya a PM......

Yeah :beerwez: is all you have to do......:lmao:
I had a Compaq for years and now I have a HP. Neither really give me problems. Different computers fit what you need them for better. Alienware would be the computer of all computers if you wanted to shell out a grand. It would last forever though lol.
Alienwares are sweet if you need them for gaming, which the Pentium is very good for, but the alienwares AMD 64-BIT CPU is much better.

Alienware also uses custom or specially made for gaming hardware, such as faster bus lines, faster RAM, and graphics slots. Alienware knows how to make a dangerous rig, and any of them are beastly.

I don't think you are a heavy gamer though, and maybe you won't shovel out the 1-4 grand for a home desktop.
I have had dell, hp , and a ibm
the IBM was 10 time better
my dell has spent more time being repaired than has been in service
I was raised on IBMs at school but haven't saw one since.
I have a HP in my bedroom that I've had for about 8 years...I hadn't used it in the last 8 months because the only thing that I could do online with it was get on MSN, Internet Explorer would'nt open. We have a Gateway downstairs that I used when I was ina a cast I have NO idea how old it is but it's up there...I think it's older than my HP so last night I brought the hard drive from the gateway upstairs and reformatted the harddrive for the HP and took it downstairs...now needless to say the computer in my room works great. I only switched hard drives because the Gateway already had MSN downloaded and it had more memory and it also has Microssoft Word which I need alot for my portfolio and ENG102 class and I didn't feel like re-downloading MSN on the HP and having to get someone else to open up my files and save them in wordpad... I also have Balla's Sony Vaio that I also used while I was in a cast and it works great too with the exception of the things that hold the screen up is broke and the screen itself flickers on and off it not held in the right position.
I have a Dell PC and I have not had any problems with it at all. I have had it for 3 years.