Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travis Leslie is stupid
Len Elmore may think that it’s unique for a Kentucky player to be focused on their schoolwork, but there’s no way he can say that any player in the NBA draft this year is dumber than Travis Leslie.

The high-flyer from Georgia took some time to talk with Jonathan Givony from DraftExpress.com yesterday, and he had some strong opinions on the comparisons that are being made to him and Grizzlies seven-year vet, Tony Allen. Allen is known for his defensive tenacity and had a strong showing during Memphis’ run to the second-round and an upset of top-seeded San Antonio in this year’s playoffs. He provided great perimeter defense on Manu Ginobili and Kevin Durant and was an important piece of a team that was one game away from the Western Conference Finals as an eight seed.

That resume doesn’t impress Leslie very much, though. He told Givony that he thought he was better than Tony Allen offensively and the comparisons were made solely based on both players’ athleticism. He continued to display his stupidity by saying that he hoped that he could be compared to a better player in the future.

As Kentucky fans, we’ve seen enough of Travis Leslie to know that he is a talented player. However, to start your NBA career by disrespecting a veteran player before you’re even drafted is about the dumbest thing you can do. Leslie is going to have to bust his butt because now he’s got to be the best player he can be, in addition to being better than Tony Allen.

Tony Allen probaby said it best though:

[Image: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-conten...00x139.jpg]

I’m perfectly fine with Enes doing his homework during interviews. I’m perfectly fine with Len Elmore making himself look like an idiot by talking out of his butt about it and the academic state of Kentucky basketball. I’m perfectly fine with all of that, as long as our guys aren’t as dumb as Travis Leslie. Ya dig

Here’s a video of Leslie’s comments:

Oh wow.
Their went any team that was looking at this guy. They are not looking for a cocky guy! Their looking for a ball player.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
LOL, He sounds like a marketing genius. Not so stupid to me!