Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg coach involed in physical altercation with parent?(rumor)
Several people have inquired today if I have any knowledge about this situation. The rumor is, Coach Shane Simpkins was involved in a physical altercation with a parent at a local restaurant. I hope this isn't ture.Futhermore, if it is not true, then why would a rumore like this circulate? Can anyone form Prestonsburg shed some light on this? I hate to hear stuff like this from my district of old.
If true, this is pathetic!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Didn't they just hire this coach? Could this be related to a situtation other than baseball? What in the world??
I for one have known him for quite a while and cannot see him doing anything like this whatsoever! I have also played for him he isn't the type of person to do this and I do NOT believe this at all!!!! I look up to him and do not think he would do any thing like this so take it from someone who know him well....He would not do anything like this!!!
He would not do anything like this I have known him for a while now and have enough sense to know that he would do anything whatsoever like this!
no way this happened...somebody is just wanting to gossip.
If true, puts a dark cloud over a promising young coach.
well i have talked with coach simpkins just now. This is a total fabrication. And for those that actually care for the truth he was at work today and had lunch with his co-workers and the principal. Further he was woking with bseball players afterschool and late into the evening. Good effort though, just make it a little more believable next time!
Panther Thunder Wrote:If true, puts a dark cloud over a promising young coach.

...... or a parent who might have got more than they bargained for.
I hope not! Coach Simpkins was the RIGHT hire for PBurg! If so it's prolly a pissed parent who's son used to play and got benched for a better player. Things like that happen when you hire a coach the coaches to teach and win.
Well, my prayers are going up that it false or coach was just protecting himself. God Bless ya SS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Heard from a source who is probably as close to Coach Simpkins as anyone that this is, and I quote, "complete BS".

I don't know of any parents who don't love this guy...even the parents of kids who don't play much.
^ GREAT news to hear!

Thank You!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
So, then the thread should be closed???
Stardust Wrote:So, then the thread should be closed???

Should have never been started in the first place!!!! :dontthink
Stardust Wrote:So, then the thread should be closed???

As usual, people are so jealous that they will start anything. Talked to the coach myself he is beside himself that someone would start such BS. People are so miserable with there self they try and find problems with others to make them feel better. Never be to fast to judge!!!!! Cancel this tread.
Redid bad spelling
Any administrator is welcome to cancel/close this thread! It was not intended to provoke any negative reactions. It appears that several people have taken this post as a knock on Pburg and their coach in some way. That was never intended. In reallity, I heard a rumor that I hoped was false. However, having coached on every level from high school to pee wee over the last 15 years nothing suprises me anymore. This could have very much been true. Thus, when several people whom's opinion I respect ask me about sometihing such as this I am obviously curious. It was never an accusation. I know first hand what it is like to have falsehoods/unthruths spread among the populous when you are a coach. You can never please everybody. It is a thankless job. So, if you want to get defensive as a Pburg fan and think somebody is attacking your recent triuphms than so be it. That is far from the truth. This is a message board and the thread was properly labeled a rumor. It was a search for the truth and as a fan of 58th district baseball I'm glad the rumor appears to be false. Good luck the rest of the season Pburg and coach Simpkins. :Thumbs:
^Your wish is my command.

Consider it closed!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL