Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The More The Merrier"
How should squads be chosen and how should coaches be allowed to add to their squads. These issues are the business of SBDMC's and not the Principal or the Super. I'm interested to hear how things are done across the state. I'll be happy to share experiences, but would love to hear from others first!
Squads should be chosen in an OPEN GYM try-out forum where neither the judges nor the scoresheets are allowed to leave the gym until those scores are poste. The Principal should contact Mrs. Lucy Moore, KAPOS, President, to locate and send qualified judges, who have no connection to any of the people concerned. There should be more than (2) judges set to cover this. Actually there should be no less than (6) judges split into groups of (2) to cover each circuit or station. Gymnastics Circuit, Dance Circuit, Cheer/Jump Circuit. There should be someone on site to tabulate the scores and post the results. The school's policy should make this format mandatory & the Principal should make certain that this format is followed to the letter. Once everyone has had a fair shot and the squad is chosen, then the score sheets should be held @ the super's office for one week for viewing and then shredded. As for adding to a squad, there could be a Fall try-out that can not be held after the first home football game. The only other way a girl from another squad within the school could be allowed to be placed on this squad should be ONLY FOR COMPETITION NOT FOR CHEERING THE REGULAR SEASON. Bouncing girls from one squad to another is unsettling for everyone involved. MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRLS HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING PLACED INTO VARSITY SETTINGS FOR THE REGULAR SEASON should a squad need additional members, they would only need them for competition reasons and not in-game settings. With the cheerleaders to be taken in the order of their scores from the try-out.
:theman:
if there qualfied
i'm going to have to agree with The Guru on this one.