Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morehead State To Play Kentucky Christian?
Looks like an incredible mismatch this fall. What was Morehead thinking and what was KCC thinking? Even though MSU is non scholarship, they play San Diego, Jacksonville State and Illinois State. How does your program ever explain an opponent the caliber of KCC. KCC went 0-11 last year. My hat goes off to KCC for wanting to better themselves, but sheesh!
Morehead has played Southern Virginia University the last couple of years and they have been a KCU opponent as well. KCU played pretty well against SVU including an overtime loss at SVU in 2008.
Morehead beat Southern Virginia 61-10 the last time they played 2-3 years ago. Not even sure KCC had a team then.
This will be a massive, massive blowout. I remember a few years ago West Virginia Tech (NAIA, in the same conference as Kentucky Christian) somehow ended up with Western Kentucky on their schedule, and I believe WV Tech lost by 80+ points that game. NAIA vs FCS games are a bad idea for all involved.
tica Wrote:looks like an incredible mismatch this fall. What was morehead thinking and what was kcc thinking? Even though msu is non scholarship, they play san diego, jacksonville state and illinois state. How does your program ever explain an opponent the caliber of kcc. kcc went 0-11 last year. My hat goes off to kcc for wanting to better themselves, but sheesh!

kcu*
This is true. I expect KCU to get paid something out of this. You're starting to see NAIA school play some stronger programs, I.E Pikeville v USA, Campbellsville v Wisconsin-Whitewater, Virginia Wise v Virginia Tech.
Surely UVA-Wise isn't playing Va. Tech? High level FBS vs a marginal NAIA team is just a complete mismatch, they might as well play Trinity.
Not this season, no. I remember in previous years they did.
Real Badman Wrote:Not this season, no. I remember in previous years they did.

I think you may be thinking of West Virginia Tech against UVA Wise. And if I am not mistaken Wisconsin WHitewater is DIII which means Campbellsville would have more scholarship players.
No this was years ago. WVUT plays them yearly. And yes, Wisconsin-Whitewater is DIII and Campbellsville has more scholarship players, but Wisconsin-Whitewater has played in the past 6 national championship games, winning 3 of them.
In order to builid a sucessful program you must schedule games that everyone may not beleive you can win. Look at app. state and michigan.
Yeah no, I'd bet my house and child's college fund that KCU will lose to MSU.
Real Badman Wrote:Yeah no, I'd bet my house and child's college fund that KCU will lose to MSU.

Hate to break it to you Badman but UVA Wise has never played Virginia Tech in football. Just looked it up in the Virginia Tech media guide.
I wouldn't expect it to be found in a recent media guide. I'm dead set on believing this did happen.
Real Badman Wrote:I wouldn't expect it to be found in a recent media guide. I'm dead set on believing this did happen.

Well believe it if you want but it did not happen. Every game Virginia Tech played from the 1920's to 2010 was listed year by year. UVA Wise (formerly Clinch Valley) has only been in existence since 1954 and the football program has not been there for that long.
The football program began at UVA-Wise in 1990-91.