Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twenty NBA Teams Watch Kentucky Combine
ohn Calipari hosted a combine for NBA teams to watch Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins, Terrence Jones, and Josh Harrellson.

Coach Cal spoke about the teams and the evaluation they could give his players.

"These are guys who are going to make decisions," Calipari said. "There's not a bunch of scouts here."

"They're not going to lie," Calipari said. "There's two ways. If they lied about, 'We're not taking them, then the kids stay in school, so they're not going to lie. They want them to come out. If they lie to us and me, they know they won't be welcome here. So they're going to tell the truth.

Coach Cal also talked about the importance of the workout for Knight and Jones, since this is the only workout they will participate in.

"They'll have this and maybe a couple of meetings, and then they're going to have to figure out what they're going to do," Calipari said.

It also sounded like other schools would have liked for their players to participate in the combine but Calipari wasn't going to open it up for any outsiders.

"This is for our guys," Calipari said. "This is not for my guys to have to compete with your guys. It's a showcase kind of deal, not a competitive, we're trying to rip this guy's head off.

This will probably be the last of the combine idea, since the NCAA changed the date to make a decision to declare for the NBA Draft.

"If we do that, you'll have players thinking of the NBA while we're late in our season," he said. "If they can't talk to an NBA team and they don't trust their coach, who are they going to talk to get that information? Exactly the people we don't want them talking to. I don't know why this is being done. I think we need to move it to out the 20th of May, maybe even farther."

I guess we will see what advice the NBA Reps give the three early entrant Wildcats, because they have to decide by May 8th.
http://www.nationofblue.com/twenty-nba-t...bine-7024/
The San Antonio Spurs director of college personnel, and former Kentucky assistant coach, George Felton loved the Kentucky combine put on by Coach John Calipari.

“I thought it was a tremendous concept that Coach Cal came up with,” Felton said. “To have an opportunity to get another look at these young men, and also to have an opportunity to interview them — I would love to see more universities do this.”

The UK players involved were freshman point guard Brandon Knight, freshman power forward Terrence Jones, junior wing DeAndre Liggins and senior center Josh Harrellson. Although he would have been welcome to participate, UK student Enes Kanter — who was ruled ineligible to compete this past season by the NCAA — chose not to join the sessions.

Felton said he was able to spend 15-20 minutes interviewing the players and appreciated that opportunity.
http://www.nationofblue.com/spurs-repres...bine-7038/
I'd love to see Harrelson get a shot.
No wonder Cal gets the "one and done's" like he does. If Huggy had a pro day like this, you guys would be all over that like white on rice.
Did we have one of these last year?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL