Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodney Purvis decommitts from Louisville (Basketball)
The fallout from Tim Fuller’s departure from Louisville has been felt again as point guard Rodney Purvis has decommitted from the Cards this morning, according to ESPN’s Dave Telep, and left the highly touted 2012 class for the Cards completely empty. Purvis, rated by Rivals as the #2 player in the class of 2012, told Telep that said that he’s heard from several schools already and that if Louisville wants him to end up on campus, Rick Pitino is going to have to develop his relationship with him. That’s code for “Did he really hire his son, a high school coach and the bartender from ‘The Wood’?” Before committing to Tim Fuller - I mean Louisville - Purvis considered a number of schools, most prominently Duke and Xavier. Expect Kentucky to be involved.

And don’t forget to blame Brandon Bender.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=80027
Wow, what is going on with Louisville's 2012 class? Surely Pitino isn't losing his touch.
There's something fishy going on in the Ville.
I don't think he's losing his recruiting touch. I just think that college basketball has changed and that kids want to go with the coach that gives them the best shot at being a lottery pick in the NBA.
^ I still think that going to a school like Louisville and playing for a coach like Pitino can get you a lottery pick, so I think there is more to it than that.
Stardust Wrote:^ I still think that going to a school like Louisville and playing for a coach like Pitino can get you a lottery pick, so I think there is more to it than that.

If that's true then who was the last lottery pick that played for Pitino at Louisville???? Now who were the last lottery picks at UK, UNC, and Duke. Truth is Pitino hasn't put out "quality" NBA players in a while...
^ That is a completely irrelevant comparison and way off from being an accurate argument. So you are categorizing Izzo and MSU into that same category? How many great coaches from great programs are irrelevant in your eyes because they have not had a lottery pick in the last few years?
Purvis would be a great pick up for the Cats!!!
Depends on what happens with the CBA in Pro Basketball if Purvis decides to sign with Kentucky.. If the CBA says kids have to in college 2 years, then this means that Teague will be with UK as a Sophomore when Purivs is a Freshman, I don't know if Purvis wants to sit behind Teague for 1 year...
Navajo4life Wrote:Depends on what happens with the CBA in Pro Basketball if Purvis decides to sign with Kentucky.. If the CBA says kids have to in college 2 years, then this means that Teague will be with UK as a Sophomore when Purivs is a Freshman, I don't know if Purvis wants to sit behind Teague for 1 year...

I agree with your thinking but the more I read it seems like this year's class (2011) may get grandfathered in to the old one and done rule. I guess time will tell. Purvis is a huge talent. Much better than Teague.
What other players have changed their minds about Louisville?
Joneslab Wrote:I agree with your thinking but the more I read it seems like this year's class (2011) may get grandfathered in to the old one and done rule. I guess time will tell. Purvis is a huge talent. Much better than Teague.

Teague is quite the talent. IMO he's going to be much better than his brother. I'm really excited to see him play this upcoming season.