Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Jessamine 5 - Lawrence County 0 (Louisville Invitational Tournament)
Final from the LIT
I've been looking for this score all night. Thanks!

Tough loss for LC. West Jess is probably as solid a program as you will find in KY with their coach. I assume Chandler threw this game, but I could be wrong. Any details anyone?
Panther Thunder Wrote:I've been looking for this score all night. Thanks!

Tough loss for LC. West Jess is probably as solid a program as you will find in KY with their coach. I assume Chandler threw this game, but I could be wrong. Any details anyone?

Yes they are. I like the LIT. Lots and Lots of good teams play in it every year. Hope we get to go back next season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis

just posted. Your welcome PT
^ Where????

No. From what I was told he did not pitch. Cline threw the first 6 innings and Musick for 1 inning. West Jessamine scored all 5 runs and 4 of their 6 hits in the 2nd inning. Heard that both teams were struggling with the umpires.
dawgeers Wrote:No. From what I was told he did not pitch. Cline threw the first 6 innings and Musick for 1 inning. West Jessamine scored all 5 runs and 4 of their 6 hits in the 2nd inning. Heard that both teams were struggling with the umpires.
I figured he would throw against West Jess. They seem to be the best of the 3 they are playing down there. Sounds like a pretty good outing for Cline then.
stardust Wrote:^ where????

khsaa
West Jess also def. Christian Academy Louisville 3-2
I was told that the 2nd inning was horrible for LC with the umpires and 3 of the runs were a direct result of bad calls. Heard that WJ outplayed them but the score should have been closer. LC had too many errors and was weak with their bats. Anyone know why Cline pitched this game? Not knocking the kid, he is good and appears to had a good outing, but he has pitched the last 2 games. Was expecting Shepherd on the mound for this team since they were the toughest of the 3.
justfacts Wrote:I was told that the 2nd inning was horrible for LC with the umpires and 3 of the runs were a direct result of bad calls. Heard that WJ outplayed them but the score should have been closer. LC had too many errors and was weak with their bats. Anyone know why Cline pitched this game? Not knocking the kid, he is good and appears to had a good outing, but he has pitched the last 2 games. Was expecting Shepherd on the mound for this team since they were the toughest of the 3.
Just a guess, but I think they would put him in a situation where he is likely to get the win. These 3 don't matter, so let him pick up a solid win against a team they are likely to beat. Helps in his campaign for Mr. Baseball.

No clue, but that is one theory.
horrible umpiring is what the word i have recieved, wj had 2 outs runner on 1st and 2nd with in a 0-0 game and the player was picked by several feet but a blown call, they said the kid even thought he was out and the coach was yelling at him for being picked after called safe.
the next batter was walked from a 3-2 count on a check swing that was almost full, another missed call, the game blew open from there with WJ taking advantage of the horrible calls and oppurtunities. the homeplate umpire was overturning calls and have meeting with the base umpire through the rest of the game atleast 2 times after the second on calls against LC.
game could have went either way after that blown 2 out call, that was a game changer because^ apparently the didnt score except after that call in the second inning. its changes the whole mindset of the game being down 5 runs after blown calls and errors.

i thought shep would go too, cline throw a 7 inning game monday and bounced back on 3 days rest to throw friday. hes stepped up and every outing has been pretty solid.
6 hits, 11k's and 4 walks against wj still though i think you throw shep in a game like this and sure up a win.

glad to see where banks and shep picked up the 2 wins on saturday, heard they both did very solid
Thanks for the stats and details. I heard the same story basically that Cline picked the runner off with a throw to Banks and the rest of the inning went south with several more bad calls and angry fans putting pressure on the umpires to play fair. With Cline only being a second year pitcher, he has really impressed me but I agree this game was the harder game and called for a more experienced pitcher like Shepherd. But I'm not the coach, just a fan giving my opinion. Would like to have seen what Cline could have done without all the horrible calls since he held his own with them.
I heard as well that Banks & Shepherd looked really good on Saturday. LC has some real talent. Looking forward to the rest of the season.