Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather affecting games?
It seems like weather is causing more and more rainouts this year then in the past. What is everyone's thoughts about this? Is this why we are seeing more teams go to turf fields for better drainage. I know Huntington High got a new turf field and they can play rain or shine.
Campbell County - Played 14, Rained out 12
Middlesboro has had just 1 rainout. Now 2 seasons ago, that was the worst season for rain that I have ever seen.
Stardust Wrote:Campbell County - Played 14, Rained out 12

WOW! What happens with the rain-out games?
Estill County has been rained out around 7 Times and 3 of them have been with Powell County. Estill and Powell has been rained out at least 3 times already this year
LWC Wrote:WOW! What happens with the rain-out games?

Only one District game has been cancelled. We are supposed to make up conference games, but there are too many to make up.
I think it would be great to see more turf fields. Rainouts hurt the teams when they are idle too long. But with local school systems saying they are strapped for cash, I don't see it happening.
^ turf costs $100K. Schools will and are making those investments into football. But it's baseball that needs it more than Football if you want to be fair to the student athletes that participate in the baseball programs. Football can be played in the mud and slop, not baseball. misspelled
good point
We've been rained out quite a bit this year as well.... BUT on the upside... From what I understand, the county is putting some kind of "conditioner" on the fields that is supposed to help absorb the water. Supposed to be mixed with the clay or brick dust and spread on the field evenly. Now from what I've been told, Sheldon Clarks softball field has it on it and it works great.... As I know of we don't have it or if we do... It don't work! LOL....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Collins has played 10 games and with tomorrow's game against Shelby County already canceled they have had 16 rain-outs this year.
Stardust Wrote:^ turf costs $100K. Schools will and are making those investments into football. But it's baseball that needs it more than Football if you want to be fair to the student athletes that participate in the baseball programs. Football can be played in the mud and slop, not baseball. misspelled

Baseball doe's not make the money that football doe's just saying on Friday nights you have thousands of people buying tickets Baseball you have a few parents at most games just my 2 cents.