Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Harrow Transferring to Kentucky? (Men's Basketball)
A few weeks ago, North Carolina State’s Ryan Harrow surfaced as a player who could look to land at Kentucky as a transfer after Twitter heated up with rumors that he was intrigued by Calipari’s dribble-drive offense. Today, Harrow officially decided to leave NC State. The 5′11 point guard averaged 9.3 points and 3.3 assists per game for the Wolfpack and was rated by Rivals as a five-star prospect coming out of Marietta, Georgia, good enough to be ranked as the nation’s sixth-best point guard and 19th-best overall prospect. If he transferred to Kentucky, it’s possible the Cats could start a veteran point guard in 2012. I know, it’s crazy.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=79629
Sometimes I think the amount of quality players coming into UK just isn't fair, and then I give an evil laugh towards the rest of Division 1 basketball Big Grin
If he comes to UK he will have to sit out the 2011 Season because of the Transfer Rule, Meaning he won't be able to play til 2012
Strikeout King Wrote:If he comes to UK he will have to sit out the 2011 Season because of the Transfer Rule, Meaning he won't be able to play til 2012

The only thing that worries me about this, is the impact it might have on bringing in the #1 or #2 PG from that class. Unless it is made know that this player would not be the starter, it could spell trouble. Probably wont, but could.
According to Sports Express via Matt May and Chris Fisher, Ryan Harrow is on Kentucky's Campus
LWC Wrote:The only thing that worries me about this, is the impact it might have on bringing in the #1 or #2 PG from that class. Unless it is made know that this player would not be the starter, it could spell trouble. Probably wont, but could.

This is what scared me. To much talent and not enough basketballs to go around.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:This is what scared me. To much talent and not enough basketballs to go around.

You are talking about a kid that was a top 30 talent coming out of high school and a four star prospect. He will not be eligible until the fall of 2012 and that PG class coming out of high school is much weaker than previous classes. He will be a great pick up for UK and a big contributor. It is easy to forget how bad recruiting was the decade before Cal arrived at UK. I'll take every four and five star recruit UK can get. Let them sort out playing time in practice. If a kid is good enough the NBA will find him. I say force Cal to play ten because he has so much talent. He will find a way. He has never had the ability to pull talent like he has and will have at UK. If Cal avoids the NBA (I think he will for a few more years) it could be sick at UK for the next few years. I'm ready.
Cal can only put 5 on the floor at one time. Some of these 5 stars you are getting are not going to take kindly to riding the bench.
Harrow is a beast the kid can flat ball.
Dude lost to Shelby Valley haha.
Ryan Harrow himself has said that he was NOT on UK's campus yesterday
MisterPerfect Wrote:This is what scared me. To much talent and not enough basketballs to go around.

That's ALWAYS a good problem. Actually it won't be a problem, Cal knows how to manage ego's and deal with college students.