Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do Games & Tournaments Get Played When Other's Don't?????
Ok, so I've noticed that some games and tournaments have been played when others have been canceled due to weather, if the ones that have been canceled due to weather, then why do the other one's get played? shouldn't they be canceled also?
Fields that are conditioned right can take a lot of water. There is a science to the amount of conditioner that an infield can take and resist water the most. Then you have the teams that have turf infields. PRP has one of the best around. It's the best $100K investment in the state of Kentucky!
Stardust Wrote:Fields that are conditioned right can take a lot of water. There is a science to the amount of conditioner that an infield can take and resist water the most. Then you have the teams that have turf infields. PRP has one of the best around. It's the best $100K investment in the state of Kentucky!

I was wondering about this because Clark County was suppose to have an Tournament (Ernie ??? - Can't remember the name of it) and it was canceled along with some others while others are getting played
GRC sits in a hole, they won't hold rain there.
^ I thought GRC's Field was upon a Hill or somewhere around a park?
^ It is around a park, but the field sits in a bowl with a hillside completely surrounding it. Not sure if I have a good picture from when we were there last year or not.
You can see in each of these pictures that there is ground-level above the playing field.

[attachment=o2255]

[attachment=o2256]

[attachment=o2257]

[attachment=o2258]
Your Right SD. I've never been there just went by what my aunt was telling me because her and her family lived (Not sure they do now or not) close to the Field.

How deep is that Field??? I've hit a Ball around 300 but that was throwing it up and hitting it. I've hit one out at one of the Fields at Lake Reba in Richmond, I think it was 275 if I'm not mistaken
Tarps make a big difference as well. I do know that we had much more rain here in Northern Ky. than just south of us on a few days. There were games rained out here a couple of days, and they played in Pendleton Co., Harrison Co., Mason County and many other areas south of there.
^ I wish this rain would go away. So we can get some baseball games in, Hold it off til at least the season's over with