Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storms of 4/20
I hope everyone is safe after last nights massive storms barreled across the state. We were shaken out of our sleep around 12:30 by the warning sirens and even headed to the basement around 1:30. It was a long sleepless night
^ I never heard the sirens, at least not in Alexandria
I have one near my home most of the time it's annoying but not last night
It hit Jamestown around 2:30 CST. Got up and went to the basement.
Awoken by the sirens also little after 1:30 herded the family down to the basement we're we hunkered down till the tornado warning passed.
After getting everyone back to bad it wasn't 10 minutes that my dog started to back and wanted to go outside.
So here I am 2 AM lightening lighting up the night sky, raining coming down it buckets walking my 75 lb GoldenDoodle so he could go to the bathroom:HitWall:
I'm standing in my front yard holding his leash just laying into him to hurry. That was worst than the thought of a tornado in the area
If you've ever driven North on I-71/75 the last rest stop before you get to Florence there was some damage there.
[Image: https://a248.e.akamai.net/media2.wcpo.co...40_480.JPG]
Shelbyville went under a tornado warning around 12:45. We did not have as bad of a storm that was predicted. Looked like there was minimal damage in the part of Shelby Co. that I live. New Albany, IN, across the river from Louisville, got drilled by a confirmed tornado. They got extensive damage throughout the town, lots of downed trees and powerlines. Fortunately, no fatalities in New Albany due to the storm.
I was expecting the worst here in Somerset, stayed up until 3:00 a.m. and nothing had happened yet and from the looks of things when I woke up it seemed like nothing had really happened.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
^ that's about how it was here. I mean during the night it was raining, thundering and lighting but that's it, woke up this morning and wasn't doing nothing.
nky Wrote:If you've ever driven North on I-71/75 the last rest stop before you get to Florence there was some damage there.
[Image: https://a248.e.akamai.net/media2.wcpo.co...40_480.JPG]

Is that one of the Tractor/Trailers that was blown over?
no that's the roof of the snack area