Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 7 - Johnson Central 2
Just heard this off the radio said, Lawrence County scored six late runs in the 7th to win the game.
Hmm. Congrats LC.
Anyone pull out their erasers around the 5th, just in case?
This shouldve been a win for jc. Anyone wants to argue with me over that? I'm ready lol
Moundbound Wrote:This shouldve been a win for jc. Anyone wants to argue with me over that? I'm ready lol
Blasphemy! It's an automatic when you know who steps out there! Is Sanor gonna be good for the rest of the year?
The funniest thing about this is that there were approximately 7 or 8 scouts there watching shep. First inning...first pitch thrown from him was a triple off centerfield fence by Mr. Meek...second Hitter....hit by the pitch...I look down at the scouts again and 4 of them get up and just completely leave the game...wow. Definitely not what them nor I was expecting to see. He gave up six hits? That's an average pitching performance.
Yes he is. He said his elbow was hurting. Should be fine tomorrow. He's great pitcher, just doesn't last long, more of a closer IMO.
"you know who" is extremely overrated From what I saw tonight. Haha I stood by the home dugout for a while and overheard one of the players come back to
Dugout and say "94? Burton must throw 100!"
Moundbound Wrote:The funniest thing about this is that there were approximately 7 or 8 scouts there watching shep. First inning...first pitch thrown from him was a triple off centerfield fence by Mr. Meek...second Hitter....hit by the pitch...I look down at the scouts again and 4 of them get up and just completely leave the game...wow. Definitely not what them nor I was expecting to see. He gave up six hits? That's an average pitching performance.
Hate to hear that for Chan. He's a good guy.
Moundbound Wrote:Yes he is. He said his elbow was hurting. Should be fine tomorrow. He's great pitcher, just doesn't last long, more of a closer IMO.
Good for JC. Hope to see them successful expect when we meet up.
Moundbound Wrote:"you know who" is extremely overrated From what I saw tonight. Haha I stood by the home dugout for a while and overheard one of the players come back to
Dugout and say "94? Burton must throw 100!"
I heard he hit 92 a couple times and was consistent high 80's. I almost bet I knew who said it to haha. I talked to one after the Pikeville game and he had nothing but good things to say. But that's that. Let's not go down that road for a umteenth time.
well i guess he can be hit!!!!! ha ha did not impress me..
Moundbound Wrote:This shouldve been a win for jc. Anyone wants to argue with me over that? I'm ready lol

ill argue the fact the eagles had 4 errors while the Dawgs had 1 with a passed by the catcher in the bottom of the 6th, other than that if u replay the game over im still going with the Dawgs.
Should be a great year for jc. Now, the region knows the almighty "shep" is in fact beatable. Especially by this jc ballclub. Their sticks are legit.
Dawgs won.....The End.
curve ball Wrote:well i guess he can be hit!!!!! ha ha did not impress me..
I still would not go that far. JC still only put up 2 on 6 hits. Anyone else does that and it is a stellar performance. It is just that he has built up to a legendary standard by some and that is ultimately unfair to him. He is a great pitcher and will excel in HS and other levels. His "bad" is others good. However, he is beatable. Anyone who thinks otherwise just is ignorant to baseball. It Happens! Congrats to LC on the win. Stay humble and keep battling JC!
pretty good for #2 and #3 pitchers great job j c
HAhahaha No one ever said he was unbeatable, I said hes a great pitcher and has great stuff. On a bad night by his standard he allowed five hits and gave up two runs and still had 8 ks a lot of kids would love to have those stats. The bottom line is now he is 6-0 and hasn't lost and the Bulldogs are 12-2 and 3-0 in district. Cant aruge with that. Congrats to JC very good hitting ball club.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I still would not go that far. JC still only put up 2 on 6 hits. Anyone else does that and it is a stellar performance. It is just that he has built up to a legendary standard by some and that is ultimately unfair to him. He is a great pitcher and will excel in HS and other levels. His "bad" is others good. However, he is beatable. Anyone who thinks otherwise just is ignorant to baseball. It Happens! Congrats to LC on the win. Stay humble and keep battling JC!

agree
JC came ready to play no doubt about that. This rivalry had adreline through all veins of those in the Eagle dugout. With that mentality they are bound to hit off anyone. Shoulda coulda woulda we can play that game all day. but the fact of the matter is the W in wich falls for LC and the L for JC. Shepherd overrated?? thought JC was supposed to be the best hitting team in the region... so is claimed! it remains to be seen Shepherd loosing this year. Quick question, is a national championship overrated? How bout being voted by legit staff the 1/2 player in the state. How bout all these scouts coming to his games? Must be that they are hearing good things from other scouts to keep them coming back... is that overrated? We can all agree JC thought for sure they had it in the bag apparently but LC clinched it in the 6th. As i always say, thats baseball for ya.

Congrats dawgs #1 in the region!!!
still remains to be "unbeatable" for now. just sayin.
double
He can kiss the scouts that attended tonight goodbye lol because from what I heard and saw they did him.
Moundbound Wrote:He can kiss the scouts that attended tonight goodbye lol because from what I heard and saw they did him.
That's enough on that subject. It's too far. He doesn't deserve those type of comments.
@ dashiprock--And btw how is jc not the best hitting team in the region? Put up six on "shep"? Which only had two on him the whole year. Are you saying LC is better at hitting? Lol
I was just so ready to see him mow down all of jc's lineup. Maybe it was just an awful night for him, or he was too confident, idk. I just am so depressed, wanted to see the shep everyone talks about on this site. And what I saw tonight was not. LC did win tho and I'd like to congratulate Tate banks On a clutch hr. I've seen nothing but good come from that kid every game I've saw him play.
Thumb tax Wrote:ill argue the fact the eagles had 4 errors while the Dawgs had 1 with a passed by the catcher in the bottom of the 6th, other than that if u replay the game over im still going with the Dawgs.

passed balls or wild pitches are not counted as error's.
JC let one slip tonight. If Sheperd isn't on the mound they are very very beatable but probably not by anyone not named Johnson Central or Pikeville. I was not impressed a bit by their lineup.
Moundbound Wrote:The funniest thing about this is that there were approximately 7 or 8 scouts there watching shep. First inning...first pitch thrown from him was a triple off centerfield fence by Mr. Meek...second Hitter....hit by the pitch...I look down at the scouts again and 4 of them get up and just completely leave the game...wow. Definitely not what them nor I was expecting to see. He gave up six hits? That's an average pitching performance.

Post like these are ridiculous. I guess five years down the road from now you will be wondering why your sitting on your couch watching Shep pitch on tv. But back to the game congrats LC and way to keep hitting JC. This district and region is going to be fun to watch come playoff time.
Moundbound Wrote:@ dashiprock--And btw how is jc not the best hitting team in the region? Put up six on "shep"? Which only had two on him the whole year. Are you saying LC is better at hitting? Lol

You are a very sad individual. No let me change that. You are a very jealous individual. Shepherd is consistently upper 80's. JC is a very good team. They were sitting on the fastball early. Once Shepherd starting throwing his curve and mixing in other pitches they were not as comfortable in the box. What I do know is that if this person were talking about any one from Pikeville they would already be kicked off and banned. I guess LCHS and Shepherd are fair game? I really don't have any dog in this fight, other than to see the complete lack of respect for Shepherd and the jealousy. Not to mention the complete double-standard that the so-called "Administrators" have on here when it comes to certain people or schools. Let me also add one more thing, about the comment that if Shepherd throws 94 then Burton throws 100. Shepherd hits his spots every inning. Burton will hit spots on the backstop every inning.

Panther Thunder...shame on you as well with your comments. How many times does Shepherd have to beat Pikeville before you give him respect?
[ QUOTE=dawgeers;1182119]You are a very sad individual. No let me change that. You are a very jealous individual. Shepherd is consistently upper 80's. JC is a very good team. They were sitting on the fastball early. Once Shepherd starting throwing his curve and mixing in other pitches they were not as comfortable in the box. What I do know is that if this person were talking about any one from Pikeville they would already be kicked off and banned. I guess LCHS and Shepherd are fair game? I really don't have any dog in this fight, other than to see the complete lack of respect for Shepherd and the jealousy. Not to mention the complete double-standard that the so-called "Administrators" have on here when it comes to certain people or schools. Let me also add one more thing, about the comment that if Shepherd throws 94 then Burton throws 100. Shepherd hits his spots every inning. Burton will hit spots on the backstop every inning.

Panther Thunder...shame on you as well with your comments. How many times does Shepherd have to beat Pikeville before you give him respect?[/QUOTE]

I thought PT was very respectful of Shep. Maybe you need to go read his post again. Now to MB his post was unnecessary. As PT even stated ENOUGH was ENOUGH.
Why were scouts at the game if Shep has already signed with UK? Lol.