Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Knight Apologizes!
"My overall point is that 'one and dones' are not healthy for college basketball," Knight said. "I should not have made it personal to Kentucky and its players and I apologize

I can now watch ESPN again. That is all I wanted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6390170
However, he did not apologize to the players personally but I never expected him too.
How can ge say that all 5 of the starters didn't go to class inthe second semester? I'm not doubting that Wall, Bledsoe, and Cousins didn't. But Miller stayed on the team and Patterson graduated a year early! How could he graduate a year early without going to class?
LClion4life Wrote:How can ge say that all 5 of the starters didn't go to class inthe second semester? I'm not doubting that Wall, Bledsoe, and Cousins didn't. But Miller stayed on the team and Patterson graduated a year early! How could he graduate a year early without going to class?

Wall had a 3.5 GPA and both Cousins and Bledsoe left in good academic standing. They both would have been eligible to play the next semester.
Hes an Idiot. Liar, Abuser, Every word i can think of he is.
I am very disappointed in Coach Knight.
I honestly didn't expect an apology.
He apologized but he mean't everything he said. However, I will not hold a grudge because of the fact that his opinion really does not matter.
I was offended when he first made the statement but, at least he is man enough to apologize.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Bob Knight has over 900 wins, and has hated UK his entire life. This is the 6'5 man that hit 5'10 Joe B Hall in the head with a clipboard after beating UK in 1974 after the game. What rarely is brought to light, however, is how then-UK 6'5 assistant (and former FBI agent) Lynn Nance saw this happen, got in Knights face and begged Knight to bring some of that action to him, and Knight turned around and RAN off of the floor. Thats not when Knight started hating UK. Bob Knights unparalleled hatred for the blue and white began on March 22, 1975 in the Elite 8, when Kentucky upset the undefeated, #1 ranked Hoosiers 92-90, ending their 34 game win streak, knocking them out of the NCAA tournament. From that day, UK has been numero uno on Bob Knights "People and things I hate" list..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Bob Knight has over 900 wins, and has hated UK his entire life. This is the 6'5 man that hit 5'10 Joe B Hall in the head with a clipboard after beating UK in 1974 after the game. What rarely is brought to light, however, is how then-UK 6'5 assistant (and former FBI agent) Lynn Nance saw this happen, got in Knights face and begged Knight to bring some of that action to him, and Knight turned around and RAN off of the floor. Thats not when Knight started hating UK. Bob Knights unparalleled hatred for the blue and white began on March 22, 1975 in the Elite 8, when Kentucky upset the undefeated, #1 ranked Hoosiers 92-90, ending their 34 game win streak, knocking them out of the NCAA tournament. From that day, UK has been numero uno on Bob Knights "People and things I hate" list..

I thought Bobby Knight slapped Joe B in the back of his head with his hand during/after that game. I've never head the clipboard story. If that's true it only adds to my hatred of Bobby Knight. Yes, Lynn Nance did go after Bobby Knight after the incident and yes, the incident never gets mentioned.
I don't believe for one minute Bob K. made that apology himself. I think ESPN made it for him and will always believe this unless I see and hear it for myself. Knight just isn't the apologetic type.
He did what needed to be done.
What was said can't be taken back but he can at least apologize and admit he took it too far.
That's what he did.
Knight DID NOT do what needed to be done. He needed to apologize FOR FALSE STATEMENTS MADE ABOUT THE KENTUCKY PROGRAM. He did not do that, just apologized for "making it personal." So, anyone who listened to or read Knight's original comments and then the apology still thinks none of Kentucky's players attended class.
Well let's just go ahead and give him the death penalty.
It was a well known fact that players weren't attending class.
Heck, Orton didn't even stay in the state.
He packed up and started training right after the tournament.
zaga_fan Wrote:Well let's just go ahead and give him the death penalty.
It was a well known fact that players weren't attending class.
Heck, Orton didn't even stay in the state.
He packed up and started training right after the tournament.

I would like to know where I can find these well known facts you speak. Yes, Orton didn't finish the semester and he later apologized to UK via twitter. Wall finished the semester with a 3.5 GPA. Patterson graduated after the semester. According to UK both Cousins and Bledsoe finished class and left in good academic standing. Miller played this year so he must have went to classs. So, part of your statement is correct and the rest is not.
I didn't say all of them didn't.
It was talked about during the NCAA tourney last year that Wall hadn't been going to class for a while.
If he managed to not go and still get his work done, good for him.
All I know is it was widely known that he was not in attendance.
I don't remember anyone else being spoken of so I can't speak on that.

Bob Knight > John Calipari
zaga_fan Wrote:I didn't say all of them didn't.
It was talked about during the NCAA tourney last year that Wall hadn't been going to class for a while.

Bob Knight > John Calipari

by Dickie V, I remember it
Stardust Wrote:by Dickie V, I remember it

And **** Vitale would know by what means if they had been going to class? I mean come on guys. Its **** Vitale. He is no different than any other talking head. He was only speaking on rumor if he even said it all. I've never heard the audio or read the print and will never believe he made the statement until I do. If he did make such a comment he is no different than Bobby Knight. It was factually wrong. None of the players outside of Orton left campus for good until after the semester was over. :HitWall:
[quote=zaga_fan]I didn't say all of them didn't.

Bob Knight > John Calipari[/QUOTE

I will admitt that I am a die hard UK fan but I'm a fair and realistic fan. I will be the first to chastise UK if or when violations or wrong doings are poven. You will never hear me say or print anything about an oppossing team if what I'm saying cant be substantiated by facts. I dont operate on rumor when it comes to negativity about other teams. I will voice my opinion but will not spread rumor or claim statements to be factual when I have no idea if they are. Your statement was rumor and strictly false. :HitWall: