Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Allen Central 8 Paintsville 2
Does anyone have any stats? and who pitched for each team?
Congrats Rebels!!!!
colby burchett@ caldwell for p,ville.
Nice win by AC. That is a program that has always had talent but never the resources or desire to push it over the top. In fact, they have been to more regional finals in baseball than any other sport in school history and that includes basketball. However, they only have one title which came in 2003. Then the coach (Ronnie Patton) was fired before the semi state started via email. That will make you go WTF! I hope coach Josh Todd can do good things. A bumper crop is coming up from the middle school from what I can see and have been told.
The class of 2010 played for 3 different coaches in their first 3 years. Ken Johnson, Austin Shelton and Josh Todd- three very different coaches and coaching styles. Josh Todd in my opinion is the person AC needs to push the current team. Neil Allen has done an awesome job with the middle school program and has these players ready to compete when they get to the high school level. That's evident by the number of freshmen and 8th graders they have started this year. Keep up the good work Neil and Coach Todd!! AC is coming around!!
We know that the game is Final, please don't put that in the thread title. Otherwise it would not be posted.

Thank you,
Congrats Allen Central. Looks like the program is headed in the right direction.
i do think that Coach Todd and Coach Hall are putting the program back on track. However, ive heard the coach say several times that there is no way that the program will ever be what it should be when they have to share their home field with 3 other schools. I cant honestly say that i disagree. Its not fair to AC or BL and something needs to be done to fix this problem. But congrats on a young AC team putting together a really good win against a quality team!
Congrats AC. This really surprises me.
Josh Todd is a great guy and comes from a great background of "teaching" coaches. He played for arguably the best coach in Kentucky in high school, Gene Combs. Coach Combs teaches the game in a sense where hard work pays off in the end, and I am sure Josh Todd has taken that with him into coaching as well? I wish him nothing but the best of luck, he truly deserves it.
UOTE=.38special;1182497]i do think that Coach Todd and Coach Hall are putting the program back on track. However, ive heard the coach say several times that there is no way that the program will ever be what it should be when they have to share their home field with 3 other schools. I cant honestly say that i disagree. Its not fair to AC or BL and something needs to be done to fix this problem. But congrats on a young AC team putting together a really good win against a quality team![/QUOTE]

The school had an on campus field back until the early 1990s. (93?) The football field and baseball field were one in the same. The baseball field was done away with when it was determined that AC could share a field with Betsy Layne. If my memory serves me correctly the school wanted to put the track in place around the football field that you see today. Which reinforces my earlier point that the school has never wanted to put the time or resources into the program that are needed to make it a contender year in and year out. I've been told recently that, the 2003 team that won the region doesn't have a banner, plaque, picture or any kind of recognition anywhere in the school. I hope that is untrue.