Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2 Letcher Central 0
Final from Pikeville, Hamilton gets the W. Game finished in 1 hr and 30 minutes. Fastest game I've ever seen.
Congrats P-Ville.
Nice win Pikeville...

@ PT- is pikevilles hitting in a slump at the moment in the year?
Congrats Pikeville.
Dashiprock Wrote:Nice win Pikeville...

@ PT- is pikevilles hitting in a slump at the moment in the year?
I think you go through streaks. Last Year we only had two streaks of great offense for 3-4 games. This year we have had half of one so far, so I am expecting another one or two to come along. If not, gotta let the pitching and defense win em for you. Last year one of those streaks just happened to be in the post-season. Hopefully, we get the same effect this year. Now there is an opposite end of that spectrum that keeps everything balance and I believe Pikeville has gone through one of those already. Last night was just kind of no intensity, let's go out and win kind of deal after three pretty emotional outburst games over the weekend.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I think you go through streaks. Last Year we only had two streaks of great offense for 3-4 games. This year we have had half of one so far, so I am expecting another one or two to come along. If not, gotta let the pitching and defense win em for you. Last year one of those streaks just happened to be in the post-season. Hopefully, we get the same effect this year. Now there is an opposite end of that spectrum that keeps everything balance and I believe Pikeville has gone through one of those already. Last night was just kind of no intensity, let's go out and win kind of deal after three pretty emotional outburst games over the weekend.
KHSAA finally has the full region up on each team's schedule. Pikeville has scored 126 through 14 games and given up 30. So, As bad as it seems, Pikeville is still putting up the most runs/game. Granted, they have played East Ridge and got 19 of them there. But they put up some decent runs against some good teams, and then have also put up poor numbers against teams you should beat by 4-5. But I am not worried. Offense will come. The defense allowing a little over 2/game is exciting to me and something I really had not thought about. Defense should be consistent, Offense will be more inconsistent, but when it does show up compounded with the defense- that's a lot of W's.
Congrats Pikeville
thanks for the info PT
Congrats to Pikeville