Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions: Middlesboro (13th) vs. Prestonsburg (15th) All "A" Sectional Game
The coaches have agreed that this game will be played on Saturday, April 23. I don't know much about PBurg so it will be difficult for me to get a good gauge of this matchup.

I would imagine that Middlesboro will throw Junior Nick Capps, who has stepped up to be the ace for the Jackets. He is 3-0 on the season with 20.2 IP, 18 SO, and just 5 BBs. He has a 1.02 ERA.

Who will Pburg pitch?

As far as hitting goes, Junior SS Thomas Epperson will pace the Jackets. He is hitting .447 with 31 TB on 17 hits. He is complented by Junior 1st Baseman Tim Helton who is hitting .379 with a .525 OBP and 11 SB.

Stats from:
http://www.middlesborohighschoolbaseball.com/

Which hitters stand out for PBurg?
Long way to go.......P'burg will be a great challenge. They play great baseball in the 15th. Looking forward to watching this one.
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Middlesboro threw lefty Michael Wilson. His numbers haven't been great thus far but he is starting to come around and if he comes out on top of his game, he is the best Middlesboro has got.
No Pburg fans or even 15th region fans want to comment on this matchup?
I don't know much about Middlesboro but Prestonsburg is 6-5 with 2 Very Big Wins over Powell County (8-2 - Atop of 14th) and Pikeville (14-1 - Atop of 15th) While Middlesboro is 9-6 with a Big Win over Harlan County (9-5 - 2nd In Region behind Clay County). Middlesboro by 5+
Middlesboro by 2 runs
Strikeout King Wrote:I don't know much about Middlesboro but Prestonsburg is 6-5 with 2 Very Big Wins over Powell County (8-2 - Atop of 14th) and Pikeville (14-1 - Atop of 15th) While Middlesboro is 9-6 with a Big Win over Harlan County (9-5 - 2nd In Region behind Clay County). Middlesboro by 5+

Don't know much about Middlesboro, I've heard there good....we are playing pretty good ball. We hired our new coach the day before our first game so he's been teaching and coaching on the run along with his asst. Coaches. They've been doing a great job together, so with all that said I just hope it's a good close and safe game........
I heard about that coaching scenario. That really is amazing. Has their current coach ever coached before?
My prediction on the Presyonsburg/Middlesboro game is it will be a 5 inning game and P-Burg will be going Home .
Prestonburg by 3
I would not bet on it being a 5 inning game. P-burg can beat M'boro especially if they play well. M'boro is a good, well-coached team, but P-burg has beaten some good competition - including a Pikeville team that I think is 5 runs better than M'boro and final four in the state last season returning majority of players. With that said, I think M'boro has a slight edge and should be favored - only slightly however.
Middlesboro by 4
Hey eagle, you missed this one. Pburg won and it was a great game from both teams. 3-2