Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Invitational April 22-23
I am pumped for this round-robin format this weekend in Hazard. Some great traditional powers will meet at Hazard for 3 games a piece. Hazard, Pikeville, Paintsville, and Ballard.

Friday April 22nd

Pikeville vs. Paintsville 5:30 PM
Hazard vs. Ballard
8:30 PM

Saturday April 23rd

Pikeville
vs. Hazard 10:30 AM
Pikeville vs. Ballard 1:00 PM
Paintsville vs. Ballard 3:00 PM
Paintsville vs. Hazard 6:00 PM

I see things going Ballard 3-0, Pikeville 2-1, Paintsville or Hazard 1-2.

Hopefully I am wrong. I would love to see Pikeville 3-0, but the law of averages is pretty strong and these are some quality teams. I will be spending all day Saturday and a few hours Friday in Perry County. Can't wait for what should be a great weekend of baseball with some outstanding programs. Anyone else heading over?
You know I am! I like you am excited about this. The Tigers have been playing much better baseball as of late and starting to get their pride back about them. Hopefully they will continue to swing the bats like they have. No matter what I hope to see some really good baseball from all four this weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Man I liked Pikeville's chances against Ballard, but since their the 2nd game its going to be tougher.
Heavy rains expected also
I have heard Ballard has dropped out. Can anyone confirm?
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have heard Ballard has dropped out. Can anyone confirm?

I heard the same thing. I don't know if they will change their mind and decide to come or if Hazard will be able to pick up another team to replace them but as of now they did call and say they weren't coming.
Well, ain't that some bull. What was there excuse?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, ain't that some bull. What was there excuse?

I'm not sure its this but it could be because of the Distance. from Ballard High School to Hazard High School takes anywhere from 3-4 Hours and is 150 something miles. According to Google
Strikeout King Wrote:I'm not sure its this but it could be because of the Distance. from Ballard High School to Hazard High School takes anywhere from 3-4 Hours and is 150 something miles. According to Google

Well, I'm sure they would have known this when they said "Yes" to coming out here for the tourney. I doubt that is the reason why though. I would say because they thought it might rain.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
^ either that or they could have had to make up some other games if any where canceled
I heard that they said they have to let the bus know a month in advance. But if that's the case why did they agree to come to start with?
Knott Central has replace Ballard on Pikeville's schedule. I can't say that they have for everyone. I also don't know how this effects the times for each game. That's pitiful on Ballard's part.
Knott County is only going to play Pikeville on Friday since they already have a game scheduled on Saturday and play Paintsville and Hazard next week.
According to KHSAA, Hazard will play Paintsville Twice (22nd & 23rd) in this Invitational
Strikeout King Wrote:According to KHSAA, Hazard will play Paintsville Twice (22nd & 23rd) in this Invitational

That is quite possible. Im just guessing and this is ONLY a guess but i would say that Hazard and Paintsville will have to play each other twice to get the 3 games in.
fanatic11 Wrote:That is quite possible. Im just guessing and this is ONLY a guess but i would say that Hazard and Paintsville will have to play each other twice to get the 3 games in.

Could be unless they decide to play Knott Central or another Team
Anybody know if any of the Pikeville games will be on the radio? Maybe killer B will have the KCC/Pikeville game? Will the stations in Hazard and Paintsville carry their games against Pikeville?
jetpilot Wrote:Anybody know if any of the Pikeville games will be on the radio? Maybe killer B will have the KCC/Pikeville game? Will the stations in Hazard and Paintsville carry their games against Pikeville?

Killerb's next game will be next Monday Paintsville @ KCC