Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg

The top three and then Sheldon Clark looking in
LC
Prestonsburg
Sheldon Clark
JC
Pikeville
I agree with the previous, I do want to congratulate Pburg on a great hire. They will see what hiring a baseball person can do to a program. I wish other schools would follow suit.
PRESTONSBURG??? SHELDON CLARK??? Before pikeville and jc??? LOL What are you smokin?
^Let them enjoy it while they can MH...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Pikeville and LC are still the 2 best teams in the 15th imo, but after them I think its kinda a toss up after that though.
So you're telling me that a 12-2 mercy rule by jc over Sheldon Clark is a "toss up". LOL
^ cant argue with that statement Mr. Bound, heres my top 5.

1. LC
2. Pikeville (just because they beat JC)
3. JC
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Prestonsburg/Paintsville
When Shepherd pitches for LC
1. LC
2. Pikeville
3. JC
4. several teams

When anyone else pitches for LC
1. Pikeville
2. LC/JC
4. several teams
I think LC is hitting good enough to beat pikeville no matter if Cody, Chris, or Tates pitching for them, and from what i have seen, pikeville has not been putting up much runs lately so im going to keep LC in front of pikeville until they prove to me they can hit the other pitchers they have.
L.C.
J.C
Pikeville
Belfry
S.C./Pburg
Thumb tax Wrote:I think LC is hitting good enough to beat pikeville no matter if Cody, Chris, or Tates pitching for them, and from what i have seen, pikeville has not been putting up much runs lately so im going to keep LC in front of pikeville until they prove to me they can hit the other pitchers they have.

Pikeville is averaging 9.33 runs per game, LC is averaging 7.78.
Also, Pikeville is only giving up 2 runs a game. I'm more inclined to think that LC can't hit Pikeville's pitching than the other way around.
1. Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. LC
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Paintsville
6. Belfry
7. PBURG
8. Magoffin County
9. Phelps
10. Pike County Central

I personally think JC has LC's number and they've had it ever since that 2007 collapse by the Bulldogs when Fyffe beat them in the regional finals, but then of course JC goes down and gets a no-hitter thrown against them by Paul Lawrence Dunbar. LC was the better team that year as well and JC found a way to win, last year same thing and the year before.
i would agree with your top four.From there i would go belfry,pburg,allen central then paintsville.Rounding out the top ten would be phelps and magoffin county.
Thumb tax Wrote:I think LC is hitting good enough to beat pikeville no matter if Cody, Chris, or Tates pitching for them, and from what i have seen, pikeville has not been putting up much runs lately so im going to keep LC in front of pikeville until they prove to me they can hit the other pitchers they have.
You need to look further into this. Pikeville is putting up plenty of runs. IS a team always going to score 10-15 runs a game? No. But their defense is more solid and pitching more consistent than most any other team in the region. Look at Pikeville's games so far this year:

Mar 21, 11 Paintsville home 5 - 1 (W)
Mar 22, 11 Woodridge, OH home 12 - 4 (W)
Mar 25, 11 Johnson Central home 10 - 6 (W)
Mar 29, 11 Williamson, WV home 7 - 1 (W)
Apr 1, 11 South Greene, TN away 13 - 2 (W) (5 innings)
Apr 2, 11 University School of Jackson, TN away 8 - 3 (W)
Apr 7, 11 Sheldon Clark 4 - 3 (W) 15th Region All "A" Classic
Apr 12, 11 East Ridge home 19 - 0 (W) (5 innings)
Apr 13, 11 Allen Central 1 - 0 (W) 15th Region All "A" Classic
Apr 14, 11 Prestonsburg 4 - 5 (L) 15th Region All "A" Classic
Apr 15, 11 East Carter home 18 - 1 (W) Pikeville Hillbilly Days Classic
Apr 16, 11 Matewan, WV home 14 - 1 (W) Pikeville Hillbilly Days Classic
(5 innings)
Apr 16, 11 Sheldon Clark home 9 - 3 (W) Pikeville Hillbilly Days Classic
Apr 18, 11 Letcher County Central home 2 - 0 (W)
Apr 19, 11 Betsy Layne home 14 - 0 (W) (5 innings)

As you can see, Pikeville is a high-octane offense 95% of the time. And remember, most teams throw their #1 against Pikeville. Teams with a deeper rotation who are looking towards the playoffs will possibly throw #2 or #3 to keep them from getting an extended look at the #1. But the one thing that remains constant is defense and pitching. I've seen every one of the PHS pitchers over the past two years multiple times. This is a VERY strong staff, and the Hamilton kid is possibly the one with the highest upside. He throws a very "heavy" ball with a lot of movement. He may not yet be an upper 80's, lower 90's guy yet, but he's just a freshman. That will come with added strength, stamina, and technical knowledge gained over time. So for now, I absolutely see it as:

1) Pikeville
2) Lawrence County
3) Johnson Central
4) Sheldon Clark
5) Prestonsburg
6) Paintsville
7) Belfry
8) Magoffin County
9) Pike Central
10) Phelps
PHSForever Wrote:You need to look further into this. Pikeville is putting up plenty of runs. IS a team always going to score 10-15 runs a game? No. But their defense is more solid and pitching more consistent than most any other team in the region. Look at Pikeville's games so far this year:

Mar 21, 11 Paintsville home 5 - 1 (W)
Mar 22, 11 Woodridge, OH home 12 - 4 (W)
Mar 25, 11 Johnson Central home 10 - 6 (W)
Mar 29, 11 Williamson, WV home 7 - 1 (W)
Apr 1, 11 South Greene, TN away 13 - 2 (W) (5 innings)
Apr 2, 11 University School of Jackson, TN away 8 - 3 (W)
Apr 7, 11 Sheldon Clark 4 - 3 (W) 15th Region All "A" Classic
Apr 12, 11 East Ridge home 19 - 0 (W) (5 innings)
Apr 13, 11 Allen Central 1 - 0 (W) 15th Region All "A" Classic
Apr 14, 11 Prestonsburg 4 - 5 (L) 15th Region All "A" Classic
Apr 15, 11 East Carter home 18 - 1 (W) Pikeville Hillbilly Days Classic
Apr 16, 11 Matewan, WV home 14 - 1 (W) Pikeville Hillbilly Days Classic
(5 innings)
Apr 16, 11 Sheldon Clark home 9 - 3 (W) Pikeville Hillbilly Days Classic
Apr 18, 11 Letcher County Central home 2 - 0 (W)
Apr 19, 11 Betsy Layne home 14 - 0 (W) (5 innings)

As you can see, Pikeville is a high-octane offense 95% of the time. And remember, most teams throw their #1 against Pikeville. Teams with a deeper rotation who are looking towards the playoffs will possibly throw #2 or #3 to keep them from getting an extended look at the #1. But the one thing that remains constant is defense and pitching. I've seen every one of the PHS pitchers over the past two years multiple times. This is a VERY strong staff, and the Hamilton kid is possibly the one with the highest upside. He throws a very "heavy" ball with a lot of movement. He may not yet be an upper 80's, lower 90's guy yet, but he's just a freshman. That will come with added strength, stamina, and technical knowledge gained over time. So for now, I absolutely see it as:

1) Pikeville
2) Lawrence County
3) Johnson Central
4) Sheldon Clark
5) Prestonsburg
6) Paintsville
7) Belfry
8) Magoffin County
9) Pike Central
10) Phelps
Good Analysis
Panther Thunder Wrote:Good Analysis
Thanks! On, on, maroon and white! :-)
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:1. Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. LC
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Paintsville
6. Belfry
7. PBURG
8. Magoffin County
9. Phelps
10. Pike County Central

I personally think JC has LC's number and they've had it ever since that 2007 collapse by the Bulldogs when Fyffe beat them in the regional finals, but then of course JC goes down and gets a no-hitter thrown against them by Paul Lawrence Dunbar. LC was the better team that year as well and JC found a way to win, last year same thing and the year before.

I agree 90% of this post LC and JC has started a great rivalry between the two. But two years ago LC actually beat JC in the regional finals. Unless you were talking about just district because they did beat LC in the district championship. Also in 2007 LC beat JC in the district championship so to me its like a SEESAW battle between two GREAT programs.
Blueheat Wrote:I agree 90% of this post LC and JC has started a great rivalry between the two. But two years ago LC actually beat JC in the regional finals. Unless you were talking about just district because they did beat LC in the district championship. Also in 2007 LC beat JC in the district championship so to me its like a SEESAW battle between two GREAT programs.

great post heater