Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 5 Pikeville 4(15th region all a finals)
Bob Seger Wrote:Is not a total team defensive collaspe what the LC faithful claim as to what caused the Florida disaster? Even though they won, I also believe they were saying the same thing after they played Pike Central.

my post was refrence to when chandler pitches. the LC team is so smooth and play so good when he is on the mound. crisp plays and little errors, maybe its the fact of relief that they can relax as he pulls them through. The LC team is hitting alot better as well, which is also a plus.. I believe their defensive collapse was to show them their not the rule of the roost and they have to play with a chip on their shoulder. They showed it last night against belfry and Magoffin.
Sad loss for the Panthers, but congrats to a well coached P'burg team.
Dashiprock Wrote:my post was refrence to when chandler pitches. the LC team is so smooth and play so good when he is on the mound. crisp plays and little errors, maybe its the fact of relief that they can relax as he pulls them through. The LC team is hitting alot better as well, which is also a plus.. I believe their defensive collapse was to show them their not the rule of the roost and they have to play with a chip on their shoulder. They showed it last night against belfry and Magoffin.
It is very easy to play good defense when you only have to make 4-5 plays per outing. As opposed to 15-16. Just stating the obvious.
Panther Thunder Wrote:It is very easy to play good defense when you only have to make 4-5 plays per outing. As opposed to 15-16. Just stating the obvious.

That's what I was going to point out. When you have double digit strikeouts , that leaves little chance for errors.

Come on Dash, put your thinking cap on here.:biggrin:
Panther Thunder Wrote:It is very easy to play good defense when you only have to make 4-5 plays per outing. As opposed to 15-16. Just stating the obvious.

very true.
As distraught and vocal about the need for Pikeville to step it up as I was last night, they have a chance to regain a ton of my confidence in them with a W tonight against a tough East Carter team. If this group can pull together and win against a quality after what is most definitely the most difficult loss they will face all season until the post-season, then I will feel a lot better about their post-season chances. One game will not determine the season, but it can play a huge factor in how this team responds. Now is the time to start building some more momentum. Trust me, they are going to drop some more games and some will be to teams they should beat. But, if they can continue to bounce back positively from those defeats, it will make me feel a lot more comfortable knowing they have enough heart to get back up and not be satisfied with moderate success.

So, here is to getting out on the turf at Davis Park and getting a W against EC. :Thumbs:
Panther Thunder Wrote:As distraught and vocal about the need for Pikeville to step it up, they have a chance to regain a ton of my confidence in them with a W tonight against a tough East Carter team. If this group can pull together and win against a quality after what is most definitely the most difficult loss they will face all season until the post-season, then I will feel a lot better about their post-season chances. One game will not determine the season, but it can play a huge factor in how this team responds. Now is the time to start building some more momentum. Trust me, they are going to drop some more games and some will be to teams they should beat. But, if they can continue to bounce back positively from those defeats, it will make me feel a lot more comfortable knowing they have enough heart to get back up and not be satisfied with moderate success.

So, here is to getting out on the turf at Davis Park and getting a W against EC. :Thumbs:

whose on the bump tonight PT
Dashiprock Wrote:whose on the bump tonight PT
Burton
great havnt heard much from him in a while, GL to burton and the Panthers!
When I heard Pikeville got beat. I remember saying... WOW!!!!

Congrats Blackcats!
Great win for Pburgh. It's still early and Pikeville will bounce back. In a one and done, nothing is guaranteed. All it takes is one bad pitching, hitting, or fielding performance and it's over. In High School baseball, you are only as good as your nunmber 3 pitcher in your rotation.

which proves my point that with shep on the hill its a W in the column
THExBURCHINATER Wrote:Pikeville lost. BIG DEAL! Next Game! They lose one game and everyone automatically assumes that they are overrated and don't belong in the same category as Lawrence County. As a Lawrence County native, and die hard fan of the baseball program of the Bulldogs, I would have to say that the Region will still come down to Pikeville or Lawrence County. My pick is Lawrence County.

i think whats going on here is how pikeville fans and everyone jumped all of LC when they fouled up agsainst scott who is much better than pburg, i mean look who has beat pburg.

i stated before pikeville is the better team and should have won but didnt just like LC and scott, lc pounded the ball against scott had more hits and earned runs, errors will kill the best of teams. E after E after E after E E E E E E E EEE E E against scott, wasnt at pikeville game dont know what happened dont even know who pitched but i know it was a foul up play the game 10 times pikeville wins 8 or 9.

is Pville or LC's region,

ill take LC
Pburgbaseball Wrote:For those who know Prestonsburg Baseball, this was NO upset for us. We knew we could win...Pikeviile and Painstville thought this would be a cake walk. Quess what, there's a new sheriff in town and it's the Prestonsburg Baseball Blackcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow to go Seth Carter 5 and a half innings pitching and the Trey Stapleton came in and closed it out. big hits my Alex Griffith, and Trey and Grant Anderson. And many, many good defensive Plays. GO CATS!!!!!!!! Wow to go coach Shane Simpkins, you are the man.

sorry to bust your bubble but yes it was an upset, and no they doesnt put you on top at all? blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while since we are gonna use oldschool metaphors...
pikeville will mercy you 8 or 9 /10 times.
put together some more good wins, dont lose to crappy teams like you have this season, win atleast 20 games, maybe make a run in the region, put together back to back winning seasons and maybe then someone will take you halfway serious.
LAsweetness Wrote:sorry to bust your bubble but yes it was an upset, and no they doesnt put you on top at all? blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while since we are gonna use oldschool metaphors...
pikeville will mercy you 8 or 9 /10 times.
put together some more good wins, dont lose to crappy teams like you have this season, win atleast 20 games, maybe make a run in the region, put together back to back winning seasons and maybe then someone will take you halfway serious.

I agree Pikeville wont settle for another lost to prestonsburg you can count on that.... if nobody expected them to win then it was in fact an upset..
After the mouthing that Pburg gave them after the game, I dont expect Pikeville to have any simpathy come May 5th
Even though these two teams battle and compete against one another, they both respect each other. Two class programs in eastern ky. Good luck to both
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Even though these two teams battle and compete against one another, they both respect each other. Two class programs in eastern ky. Good luck to both

Dont think you were at the game then. After it, Pburg was yelled scoreboard faggots. If im not recalling, the score was 4-5? What? Is this basketball? I mean seriously, act like youve been there before. Sad thing is, they havent. Pburg is not even in the top 5 in the 15th
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote:Dont think you were at the game then. After it, Pburg was yelled scoreboard faggots. If im not recalling, the score was 4-5? What? Is this basketball? I mean seriously, act like youve been there before. Sad thing is, they havent. Pburg is not even in the top 5 in the 15th

This game woke Pikeville up, so I don't have a problem with it. Pikeville will go back to being Pikeville. Pikeville would win 19 out of every 20 vs. P'burg, everybody knows it...and 10 or so of those would be mercys.

Pikeville just scored 41 runs in 3 games this weekend and only scored 9 runs in 3 games in the all A? Yeah, I'd say it woke them up.
You must have watched a different game than i did. I was on the field with the Prestonsburg team after the game and i didn't hear the comments you speak of. I did hear the dozen or so coaches in the bleachers, telling the Pikeville players how to play. I thought both teams showed a lot of class, and played hard. Maybe if we only said positive things about the kids, and let them play, everyone would enjoy the event.
Pikeville has a good team, but no team is unbeatable. They will have an excellent season if fans like you keeps their mouth shut and lets them play. By the way i am from Prestonsburg.
bball Wrote:By the way i am from Prestonsburg.
Noooooo way. :biggrin:
bball Wrote:You must have watched a different game than i did. I was on the field with the Prestonsburg team after the game and i didn't hear the comments you speak of. I did hear the dozen or so coaches in the bleachers, telling the Pikeville players how to play. I thought both teams showed a lot of class, and played hard. Maybe if we only said positive things about the kids, and let them play, everyone would enjoy the event.
Pikeville has a good team, but no team is unbeatable. They will have an excellent season if fans like you keeps their mouth shut and lets them play. By the way i am from Prestonsburg.

:lmao:

Check your hearing then pal
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote:Dont think you were at the game then. After it, Pburg was yelled scoreboard faggots. If im not recalling, the score was 4-5? What? Is this basketball? I mean seriously, act like youve been there before. Sad thing is, they havent. Pburg is not even in the top 5 in the 15th

:thatsfunn
This is comical. That's all you got? Come on...

Look, in competitive sports, kids are gonna talk. Happens in every sport, and most of the time, afterwards, handshakes and hugs are exchanged and all is good. No one (until now, of course) has mentioned the 2 slides into second where a Pikeville player came in CLEATS HIGH into the knee of our SS once and shin of our 2B to end the game. Let me guess, though: You call that "tough baseball", or "part of the game". That's cool. I got no problem with such an opinion. BUT...to then get so torn up about some talking, well, rings a little hollow.

I think if you ask most people in the 15th region who has the top 2 programs, Pikeville and LC would be 1-2 or 2-1 depending on who you ask. No one disputes that. Heck, even Prestonsburg fans and players would agree with that. However, after so many years of being completely irrelevant in 15th region baseball, this is a great step for the Prestonsburg program, and I think most people view it as just that: a step forward in the right direction.

I know, love, and respect alot of the Pikeville parents. And after some good natured ribbing after the game between them and myself, there was no hard feelings, no animosity, no hatred. No one mentioned any talk or anything else, and I WAS at the game, CLOSE to the field, and overheard ALOT.

Pikeville's got a great, deep, well coached team and they will bounce back (already have, based upon this weekend's scores). They were, and still are, my pick to win the 15th. But the whining appears a little on the childish side.
^^^Very well said and can't argue with any of it...
Both of these programs absolutely hate losing and it is Pikeville's turn to absolutely hate it this time.
Good luck to Prestonsburg in the rest of the tournament.
cat86 Wrote::thatsfunn
This is comical. That's all you got? Come on...

Look, in competitive sports, kids are gonna talk. Happens in every sport, and most of the time, afterwards, handshakes and hugs are exchanged and all is good. No one (until now, of course) has mentioned the 2 slides into second where a Pikeville player came in CLEATS HIGH into the knee of our SS once and shin of our 2B to end the game. Let me guess, though: You call that "tough baseball", or "part of the game". That's cool. I got no problem with such an opinion. BUT...to then get so torn up about some talking, well, rings a little hollow.

I think if you ask most people in the 15th region who has the top 2 programs, Pikeville and LC would be 1-2 or 2-1 depending on who you ask. No one disputes that. Heck, even Prestonsburg fans and players would agree with that. However, after so many years of being completely irrelevant in 15th region baseball, this is a great step for the Prestonsburg program, and I think most people view it as just that: a step forward in the right direction.

I know, love, and respect alot of the Pikeville parents. And after some good natured ribbing after the game between them and myself, there was no hard feelings, no animosity, no hatred. No one mentioned any talk or anything else, and I WAS at the game, CLOSE to the field, and overheard ALOT.

Pikeville's got a great, deep, well coached team and they will bounce back (already have, based upon this weekend's scores). They were, and still are, my pick to win the 15th. But the whining appears a little on the childish side.

Well said and congrats to Pburg. As I said I dont like the taste of this loss, but am proud that Baseball is relevent in Pburg again. Great hire in Simpkins and he and Les ran a great tourney. Do the 15th proud and win it all at Applebees.
Thanks, Guys. We would feel the same way if Pikeville had won the tournament. Root for the team from the region. Like jetpilot said, both teams hate the taste of losing, and Prestonsburg has sampled that taste for a long time...:biggrin:
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote::lmao:

Check your hearing then pal
The only thing that was said out of the way, is when Prestonsburgs shortstop got slide into from one of your players after a bunt.. And your class team started cheering what a great job he did hurting our player.....and the great thing is, video cameras have sound if you would like a copy I will be happy to send it to you!!!!!!! So don't be so quick to judge, it just might come back to bit you.....
Thank you!!!! That's all we wanted
Well said!!!!!!
well all i can say is pikeville must have other plans for Mother 's day weekend ,nice of them to give the trip to Applebee's Park to Prestonsburg or maybe they did it so Prestonsburg would not have to play Johnson Central ,at least Pack would come and play them ...just sayin