Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 6 Harlan County 4
Good district win by the Jackets. Nick Capps pitched all 7 for Middlesboro and Tyler Boggs pitched all 7 (or 6 actually since the bottom of the 7th wasn't played) for HC.

Matt Cox and Thomas Epperson both hit homeruns to right field.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Good district win by the Jackets. Nick Capps pitched all 7 for Middlesboro and Tyler Boggs pitched all 7 (or 6 actually since the bottom of the 7th wasn't played) for HC.

Matt Cox and Thomas Epperson both hit homeruns to right field.

The Middlesboro Daily News gave these stats:

Capps- 7 IP, 1 ER, 7 H, 5 Ks, 1 BB
Boggs- 6 IP, 5 ER, 7 H, 6 Ks, 3 BB

Capps seems to be a pleasant surprise/secret for the Jackets. I think he threw a 2 hitter against Williamsburg just last week and pitched the final 2 innings for relief to pick up the win against Knox Central.
Great game to watch...Harlan jumps out 2 -0 on errors by M'boro. They seem to struggle in the field somewhat last night. Two blast ties it back up. Then Harlan goes back up 3-2 ...M'boro ties 3-3. Then the big inning 3 more runs..Harlan gets one late. Great district win. Capps has become a very good pitcher and one they may make M'boro dangerous down the road. Harlan has a very good team and a young team. M'boro young also. Looking forward to the next game.
You would think the news paper guy would have watched the game. 2 errors in the first another in the 7th, I know of, off the top of my head. First two runs were errors for Harlan.
Sorry ER ( Earned Runs) My bad....I am wrong not the Daily News.
Congrats to Middlesboro. Good game to watch. HC made some crucial mental mistakes down the stretch that didn't help their cause. But that's characteristic of a very young team like HC has. Middlesboro hit the ball really hard at times last night as did HC.