Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edge Retiring
Just announced on MNR by Edge himself.
one of the greatest superstars of All-Time.

Can a mod please combine the 2 Threads

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=107274
I'm not a wrestling guy. But this hurt me!
I expect that Edge will get himself healthy for a much anticipated comeback. What is the biggest work in Professional Wrestling????? Retirement! There is NO SUCH THING as retirement.
He's suppose to Turn his title over this Friday on Smackdown
From all the dirt sheets I have been reading, everyone one is saying that it is 100% legit.

Apparently, Edge felt some numbness in his arms and he and the WWE wanted him to get his neck checked out and his doctor's told him to retire.

I knew he was on his way out shortly, I thought he had another year left in him.

Definitely sad to see him go...he'll be a H.O.F for sure.
^ like I said, there is no such thing as a retirement in Professional Wrestling. No one was hurt more than Shaun Michaels, even going so far as collecting on a multi-million dollar Lloyds of London insurance settlement after a tearful announcement to the wrestling world stating he "lost his smile", only to come back and wrestle five more years. Wrestlers have done this forever. Edge will take the time off, call it a retirement, get healthy and the crowd will POP huge for his comeback. I will guarantee a comeback from Edge!
Does anyone think that he goes to TNA in a few months? I have seen crazier.

I agree with Dusty, even if he comes back to referee or manage or something, he will be back.
^ I don't see him going to TNA. His best friend Christian has convinced him of that. Plus, he is still under contract with WWE, thus even in retirement, he will have a no-compete clause in his contract. Thus, he will not work for any other company than WWE for a long time.
Stardust Wrote:^ I don't see him going to TNA. His best friend Christian has convinced him of that. Plus, he is still under contract with WWE, thus even in retirement, he will have a no-compete clause in his contract. Thus, he will not work for any other company than WWE for a long time.

I thought his contract was up. I agree 100% in that case.

Christian did well in TNA though. Maybe he was promised a title run in WWE since he came back.
I don't think we'll see Edge ever have another run. I think he is legitmately retired, and if we do see him again, it will only be for a run-in segment or something like that.

I can see him working with the WWE as an announcer, but when the doctors tell you one wrong move could leave you permanently disabled, I think that's enough to scare anyone.

Unless he has some sort of dramatic surgery, I don't see him coming back and wrestling like he used to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quite moving last night on Smackdown. Especially so when Christian won the battle royale to wrestle Alberto Del Rio at the next PPV.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I don't think we'll see Edge ever have another run. I think he is legitmately retired, and if we do see him again, it will only be for a run-in segment or something like that.

I can see him working with the WWE as an announcer, but when the doctors tell you one wrong move could leave you permanently disabled, I think that's enough to scare anyone.

Unless he has some sort of dramatic surgery, I don't see him coming back and wrestling like he used to.

Not unlike Shawn Michaels five year hiatus, Edge will be back.
I think that Edge is done and we wont see him in the ring again