Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manny Ramirez to retire, MLB says
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/08/man...ys/?hpt=T2

Manny Ramirez is calling it quits after being informed of an issue under Major League Baseball's drug treatment program, Major League Baseball said Friday.
"Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. Rather than continue with the process under the Program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player. If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the Drug Program will be completed," the statement said.

Looks like Manny got busted doing something He knew he shouldn't have been doing
This is the kind of character that fully explains the entire career of the most selfish and cowardly athletes of our time. Instead of facing up to his judgement, he ran and hid. What a joke this guy is and will forever be!
^^

Just Manny being Manny.
It's tough to see such a great baseball career be stained by selfish decisions.
itzAmazing Wrote:It's tough to see such a great baseball career be stained by selfish decisions.

Well, maybe it would not have been a great career if he did not cheat by falsely enhancing his body. It's obvious that he relied on Steroids in order to accomplish what he did, otherwise he would have never done them. So for me, his career was an inaccurate portrayal of what he truly could accomplish, thus IMO, he really was not that good.
Stardust Wrote:Well, maybe it would not have been a great career if he did not cheat by falsely enhancing his body. It's obvious that he relied on Steroids in order to accomplish what he did, otherwise he would have never done them. So for me, his career was an inaccurate portrayal of what he truly could accomplish, thus IMO, he really was not that good.

Like Barry Bonds. If he hadn't took those body Enhancing Durgs, Hank Aaron would still be Home Run King and IMO he still is Home Run King
Barry Bonds would have still been one of the best baseball players of all time without steroids.
LClion4life Wrote:Barry Bonds would have still been one of the best baseball players of all time without steroids.

Yes but I don't think he would have as near as many Home Runs as Hank Aaron
Strikeout King Wrote:Yes but I don't think he would have as near as many Home Runs as Hank Aaron

No. But he would have had a longer career and finished as a much better overall baseball player than he did.
LClion4life Wrote:No. But he would have had a longer career and finished as a much better overall baseball player than he did.

Yes I Agree but he ruined his own life by taking Performing Enhancing Drugs
That he did.
LClion4life Wrote:Barry Bonds would have still been one of the best baseball players of all time without steroids.

Barry Bonds would have left baseball when he went to San Francisco, so yes, between Bonds and Griffey, we saw the two greatest players of the 90's. What would have happened to Bonds when he went to San Francisco if he was not a Juice Head - See what happened to Griffey when he went to Cincinnati.

Man-Ram was a Juicer from the beginning. He would have been nothing without artifical help! He was on juice before he left Cleveland, thus we had no clue if he was EVER any good! Once he went to Boston, he as did Bonds, artificially extended their careers!
I think it's a shame what some of these "athletes" have done to baseball. In my book Hank Aaron is still the homerun king.
Westside Wrote:I think it's a shame what some of these "athletes" have done to baseball. In my book Hank Aaron is still the homerun king.

Maybe the best all around baseball player in history!
This is just sad! One of the best players in the MLB and one of my favorites but instead of being recognized for that, he will most likely be remembered for abusing the MLB Drug policy not once but twice and admits that by retiring!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Oh Well.******
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
He will go down in history with Clemons, Bonds, Palmero, McGwire, Sosa and the rest - CHEATERS! HOF of Fame - I hope NEVER!