Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One persons thoughts on how to get oil and the price of the pump down
I READ THIS ON YAHOO.COM

how one person thinks the answer to getting oil prices down and the price at the pump down.This was the way this person came up with-The only thing that is going to stop the price of oil and the price at the pump from going up is a mass killing of all speculators, oil companies C.E.O. and all politicians who have s...hown they do not care about this.

Your thoughts?:Cheerlead
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I READ THIS ON YAHOO.COM

how one person thinks the answer to getting oil prices down and the price at the pump down.This was the way this person came up with-The only thing that is going to stop the price of oil and the price at the pump from going up is a mass killing of all speculators, oil companies C.E.O. and all politicians who have s...hown they do not care about this.

Your thoughts?:Cheerlead
You probably don't want to read my thoughts again on this subject, as I have responded to your attempts to blame everybody but those who are responsible on multiple websites in multiple threads over the past few years. :biggrin:

There is nothing evil about speculators. Nor are oil company employees - even their CEOs evil. There is no conspiracy in the private sector to raise your gas prices.

The fault for high gas prices lies completely with the politicians and environmentalists who WANT high gas prices to force people to turn to overpriced alternative energy sources. Obama promised that our energy prices would skyrocket if he was elected president but many people did not believe him and gave him the opportunity to turn short term price increases into long term increases.

Uncertainty about fuel supplies leads to speculators entering the market and driving up prices. If and when our federal government adopts a sane energy policy and begins allowing our own oil and gas companies to increase exploration and production, as well as calling a ceasefire against American coal companies, speculators will exit the market or lose their shirts.

I know that you have read this statistic before, but many members are not aware that oil companies typically earn profits of less than 10 percent. That is a fraction of profits earned by companies in many other industries. When a company invests $100 billion or more, a $10 billion profit is not unreasonable.

Oil companies are not gouging you at the pumps - Barack Obama and Harry Reid are.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You probably don't want to read my thoughts again on this subject, as I have responded to your attempts to blame everybody but those who are responsible on multiple websites in multiple threads over the past few years. :biggrin:

There is nothing evil about speculators. Nor are oil company employees - even their CEOs evil. There is no conspiracy in the private sector to raise your gas prices.

The fault for high gas prices lies completely with the politicians and environmentalists who WANT high gas prices to force people to turn to overpriced alternative energy sources. Obama promised that our energy prices would skyrocket if he was elected president but many people did not believe him and gave him the opportunity to turn short term price increases into long term increases.

Uncertainty about fuel supplies leads to speculators entering the market and driving up prices. If and when our federal government adopts a sane energy policy and begins allowing our own oil and gas companies to increase exploration and production, as well as calling a ceasefire against American coal companies, speculators will exit the market or lose their shirts.

I know that you have read this statistic before, but many members are not aware that oil companies typically earn profits of less than 10 percent. That is a fraction of profits earned by companies in many other industries. When a company invests $100 billion or more, a $10 billion profit is not unreasonable.

Oil companies are not gouging you at the pumps - Barrack Obama and Harry Reid are.

Gas prices have been rising for years, way before Obama was elected or even thought of.

Why not tap into the oil reserve?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Gas prices have been rising for years, way before Obama was elected or even thought of.

Why not tap into the oil reserve?
Tapping into our oil reserves is exactly what we should be doing and it is exactly what Obama and the liberal Democrats have been refusing to do for many years. If by tapping into the "oil reserve," you mean our strategic petroleum reserve, what would be the point?

We are not facing a temporary spike in oil prices that is expected to subside soon. Summer is approaching, which typically means the highest gasoline prices of the year will be here soon.

Obama and the Democrats do not want lower gasoline prices, so there is no hope that prices will drop significantly or even stabilize near their current levels. Until our national energy policy changes for the better, there will be no relief to motorists paying $4.00 or more for a gallon of gas.

Our strategic reserves are for emergencies. What we are facing is a long term disaster and the strategic reserves will do nothing to mitigate it.
I was just watching a piece on C. N.N. and they had a guy on there whom they were asking about how big a part of the price of oil are the speculators responsible for and he looked at his paper work and said that, without them having anything to do with oil the price would be 61 bucks a barrel and gas would be about 1.49 a gal.
I forget his title but he basically studies this type of stuff for a living.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I was just watching a piece on C. N.N. and they had a guy on there whom they were asking about how big a part of the price of oil are the speculators responsible for and he looked at his paper work and said that, without them having anything to do with oil the price would be 61 bucks a barrel and gas would be about 1.49 a gal.
I forget his title but he basically studies this type of stuff for a living.
If you somehow outlawed "speculators," the market would be even less free than it is today and prices would be higher. A speculator is just somebody who tries to buy low and sell high. Politicians are the reason that everybody, including speculators, believe that there is no end in sight for oil price increases. Until the government regains some level of confidence of the American people, all energy prices will remain volatile.

[INDENT]
Quote:Crude at $175? Oil traders stress test the future

Oil at $175 a barrel; copper at $12,000 a tonne and corn at $10 a bushel. As commodity prices rally, the world’s largest trading houses have been busy ‘stress testing’ to be sure their finances can withstand a “super spike”.

The levels are not a forecast – indeed, executives tell me they do not expect such hefty prices – but do signal a “worse case scenario” for which oil, metals and food commodities traders need to prepare.

“Can we reach $175? I don’t think so,” says a trading executive. “But there is a chance of a spike to that level for one or two days if something happens in Saudi Arabia.” The same reasoning justifies tests for copper at $12,000 a tonne (think of an accident at a big mine in Chile) or corn at $10 a bushel, which could, for example, be caused by bad weather during the US planting season in May and June.
[/INDENT]
Heres my personal opinion.
Team up with China and Russia (because we would need them and we wouldnt want another world war) and make a plan to take over all middle east countries, since war is the only thing we seem to know in todays world.
Then split the countries equally and send AMERICANS there to run the oil drilling for good pay. Then you got americans making good money and gas prices down and guard them with army bases. I know its a little extreme, but were broke people and all these countries are doing is making living a nightmare for us.

Or....
limit all welfare recepients who obviously abuse the system to 20 dollars a week in gas and no more or make them take buses. Nothing makes me madder than having to set in traffic all the way home after work because eugene and shirley had to take their fourteen kids to wal mart to use food stamps.:biggrin: This alone would save millions of gallons of gas ever week.
Our elected leaders care nothing about this and as long as we are stupid enough to continue electing members from the R-Party and the D-party this will not change.

I had read the article you posted a while back or one much like it.
You know what guys oddly enough I am currently writing a 20 page paper on gas prices for college. And I have to talk for a few pages on how I think we should fix the problem...so Im appreciating this thread lol. If someone gives me enough of a post I can stretch it out even more and find some stats to back it up I would be greatly appreciative.