Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Antonio Spurs Clinched #1 Seed
San Antonio Spurs clinched #1 seed and home court advantage throughout the Western Conference....

The Spurs are for REAL!!!
Home court REALLY helps them out a lot. With guys getting older and injured they need that extra home game.
They've been the best team in the NBA over the course of the season
The west is weak .
No surprise, the West is weak! You put the Spurs in the East and they wouldn't have had a great season.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:No surprise, the West is weak! You put the Spurs in the East and they wouldn't have had a great season.

Preach it Mr. Perfect.
Let's take a look at the top 4 teams in each conference and their records against the opposing conference.
That is a good indication of who is the weakest IMO.

East | Overall | Vs East | Vs West

Chicago | 58/20 | 35/13 | 23/7
Boston | 54/24 | 35/13 | 19/11
Miami | 54/24 | 34/14 | 20/10
Orlando | 50/29 | 34/15 | 16/14

West | Overall | Vs West | Vs East

S.A. | 60/19 | 37/12 | 23/7
L.A. | 55/23 | 34/14 | 21/9
Dallas | 53/25 | 31/17 | 22/8
Ok.C. | 52/26 | 30/19 | 22/7

Let's add them up and get a nice little tally.

The top 4 in the East were 216/97 overall and 78/42 against the West.
The top 4 in the West were 220/93 overall and 88/31 against the East.

Some other interesting stats.
The top 4 in the East lost almost half of their games to the West.....
even though they only play them half as much.
While the top 4 in the West only lost a third of their games to the East.

I would go further on down into the rankings and get some more stats but we all know what happens when you get to the middle of the East Wink
You get a bunch of jokes like the Pacers who have clinched a playoff berth even though they are 7 games below .500

I can't wait to see what kind of comments you guys have to say about this one.
I would gladly take your bet to say that the West is not going to be winning jack this season in the playoffs...

The title is coming to the East.. Avie bet? Smile
Basically Zaga I get it... But we all know the better of the talent is in the East... East also has some of the worst teams in the NBA thus the better records for the West teams..
If there is one more chance for Tim Duncan to get his fifth ring. this would be the season. However, I don't see the Spurs making out of the West.
itzAmazing Wrote:If there is one more chance for Tim Duncan to get his fifth ring. this would be the season. However, I don't see the Spurs making out of the West.

Let me guess... LA's gonna beat em?
Ballers Wrote:Let me guess... LA's gonna beat em?

I don't see them getting past the Thunder in the second round.
zaga_fan Wrote:Let's take a look at the top 4 teams in each conference and their records against the opposing conference.
That is a good indication of who is the weakest IMO.

East | Overall | Vs East | Vs West

Chicago | 58/20 | 35/13 | 23/7
Boston | 54/24 | 35/13 | 19/11
Miami | 54/24 | 34/14 | 20/10
Orlando | 50/29 | 34/15 | 16/14

West | Overall | Vs West | Vs East

S.A. | 60/19 | 37/12 | 23/7
L.A. | 55/23 | 34/14 | 21/9
Dallas | 53/25 | 31/17 | 22/8
Ok.C. | 52/26 | 30/19 | 22/7

Let's add them up and get a nice little tally.

The top 4 in the East were 216/97 overall and 78/42 against the West.
The top 4 in the West were 220/93 overall and 88/31 against the East.

Some other interesting stats.
The top 4 in the East lost almost half of their games to the West.....
even though they only play them half as much.
While the top 4 in the West only lost a third of their games to the East.

I would go further on down into the rankings and get some more stats but we all know what happens when you get to the middle of the East Wink
You get a bunch of jokes like the Pacers who have clinched a playoff berth even though they are 7 games below .500

I can't wait to see what kind of comments you guys have to say about this one.
:Clap: :Thumbs:
Ballers Wrote:Let me guess... LA's gonna beat em?

Duh.
Ballers Wrote:I would gladly take your bet to say that the West is not going to be winning jack this season in the playoffs...

Basically Zaga I get it... But we all know the better of the talent is in the East... East also has some of the worst teams in the NBA thus the better records for the West teams..

Bet taken Wink
The West teams also had a better record overall AND a better record against the East.
West is better top to bottom.
The East has 4 teams that can contend for a title and the West do as well.
Add that in with the fact that you pointed out that the East has the worst teams at the bottom...
The West is the better conference.
The East might have the team playing the best right now in the Chicago Bulls. However, top to bottom, the West simply dominates the East. Memphis > Indiana, New Orleans > Philadelphia, Portland > New York.
As long as Duncan is healthy, the Spurs will come out of the West
Ballers Wrote:I would gladly take your bet to say that the West is not going to be winning jack this season in the playoffs...

Ok.. I'll take the Spurs and Lakers and you can have the whole east??????
How can anyone say that the East is better. East is a JOKE!!!! Thunder would be #1 seed if they were in the East. If the Bulls are the best in the East then there's 4 teams in the West better then everyone in the East. (Spurs, Lakers, Mavs, Thunder).

NBA Finals - Spurs in 6 over Heat