Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who will have the best freshmen this year
south floyd middle school looked good last year lets hear it
I would say that after another County Title..Shelby Valley should have a couple talents coming up in the program...Though it does seem that a lot of noise has been made about South Floyd's Middle School, maybe these players can make an immediate impact for the Raiders...
SF will some good ones........
yes they should have some very good freashman if they all play
SVHSFootball Wrote:I would say that after another County Title..Shelby Valley should have a couple talents coming up in the program...Though it does seem that a lot of noise has been made about South Floyd's Middle School, maybe these players can make an immediate impact for the Raiders...

We should have a good freshman team with the combination of talent from Virgie and Dorton, unless they decide to go to school elsewhere.
Keep an eye out for Varney and Roberts from Dorton and Newsome, Tackett, and Hatfield from Virgie.
I think SF will have 1 or 2 good freshmen next year
pete rose Wrote:south floyd middle school looked good last year lets hear it

With all the posts about South Floyd high schoolers coming back and the INCREDIBLE middle school talent coming up, I predict that South Floyd will be the next BELFRY of Eastern Kentucky football.

They'll at least have the best ARM FLEXIBILITY in the state...what with all that PATTING THEMSELVES ON THE BACK!

Keep talking...you're bound to get a LOT of points for TALKING about how good you are in each game next year!
Do a lot of high school coaches start freshman on the varsity team?
Tough Turf Wrote:Do a lot of high school coaches start freshman on the varsity team?

no but i started linebacker as a freshman at south floyd
I know a person who played varsity when they were in 8th grade
OU_Bruiser Wrote:I know a person who played varsity when they were in 8th grade
who?
i played some high school ball when i was in 8th grade
well im not exactly sure i think he might have played a game or 2 but he also started Varsity in 9th grade B.j Bryant
Tough Turf Wrote:Do a lot of high school coaches start freshman on the varsity team?
You have to pretty good to be able to start your freshman year....
OU_Bruiser Wrote:You have to pretty good to be able to start your freshman year....

Or...be on a VERY bad team.
The Machine Wrote:i played some high school ball when i was in 8th grade

If it was after the 1998 season, your coach broke the rules, set his team up for a forfeit, and his school up for a HUGE lawsuit had you gotten hurt.

The KHSAA ruled in the 1990s, after Dennis Johnson at Harrodsburg HS played in several varsity games as a SIXTH grader (yes, a SIXTH grader), that nobody under 9th grade could play in a varsity contact sport (football, wrestling).
WaterGirl Wrote:We should have a good freshman team with the combination of talent from Virgie and Dorton, unless they decide to go to school elsewhere.
Keep an eye out for Varney and Roberts from Dorton and Newsome, Tackett, and Hatfield from Virgie.
I was told hatfield was concentrating on b-ball next year.
Pikeville has a nice freshmen crop coming up.
jc will have a good freshman team after coach matney gets a hold of them