Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 3 East Carter 0
Congrats to the Dawgs...Lets keep it rollin' :popcorn:
9-POINT Wrote:Congrats to the Dawgs...Lets keep it rollin' :popcorn:

stats anyone?
congrats dawgs, i know shepherd through a no hitter through 5 with 12-14ks .
banks followed up the last 2. weak sticks from the dawgs but solid defense.
great start. PPC today @ LC.
How many hits did Shep allow?
I think it depends on who you talk to Lawrence say 0 East says 1 hit there was a ball hit towards the hole at second missed by the 2nd baseman Lawrence book had an error East book had a hit.
This is what I don't like about high school baseball stats. Either it was a hit or an error I can't see how the books could be different. Its not like one can assume an error. Either it was or it wasn't.
The ball hit the 2nd basemans glove and was a playable ball. The second baseman booted it. You tell me what it was. This was in the 1st inning so it wasnt like it was in the 5th to keep shepard's no hitter alive.
Touching a glove does not consititute in and of itself an error. Did he dive for it or was it routine? Would an average second baseman have made the play? Either way 1 hit or no hit, very nice performance.

What I wonder is what type of pitching did Lawrence see? I expected more from them offensively.
You are correct the ball touching the glove does not constitute an error but it was playable. East Carter's pitching was not overwhelming, alot of offspeed stuff. Lawrence Co was not patient at the plate, went after alot of bad pitches and popped out a bunch.
it was an error.. very routine play.
great game guys.. keep it up lc
StraightCheese Wrote:it was an error.. very routine play.

error it was, sorry guys I should have made the play