Breathitt County

North Laurel

Highlands (ASSISTANTS ONLY)

Bryan Station

Apollo

Bath County

Henry Clay

McCreary Central
You would think that Assumption would be a competitive job with a great chance of winning. I know they are in, arguably, the most competitive region in the state, but a person can do well there. They were district champs two years ago and went very far in state 4 or 5 years ago.

Will this be their 3rd coach in 3 years? Maybe it's just me but they seem to change coaches a lot.
Williamstown

Campbell County
Strikeout King Wrote:Williamstown

Campbell County

I have already forgotten but didn't Campbell County have a good season? I might be mistaken.
LWC Wrote:I have already forgotten but didn't Campbell County have a good season? I might be mistaken.

Yes. They Went 23-7. Winning The District Championship before Falling to Montgomery County in the 2nd Round of the 10th Region
I thought Campbell was well coached, unless he decided to step down, I dont see why they would fire the coach.
Hitters_Count Wrote:I thought Campbell was well coached, unless he decided to step down, I dont see why they would fire the coach.

They had a great season and were very well coached. Coach Cravens decided to retire on his own.
Central Hardin
Franklin-Simpson
Grant County (ASSISTANTS ONLY)
Highlands (ASSISTANTS ONLY)
Livingston Central
McCreary Central
North Laurel job will be open
Breathitt is now open.

Look for Winny Cox to be a leading candidate for this job.
Altro Cat Wrote:Breathitt is now open.

What happened to Coach Moore?
Strikeout King Wrote:What happened to Coach Moore?

Her and Coach Noble were both relieved of their coaching duties yesterday afternoon.

If I'm not mistaken Coach Moore will have enough years in to retire next year so that may have played a role in it, not sure though.
Altro Cat Wrote:Her and Coach Noble were both relieved of their coaching duties yesterday afternoon.

If I'm not mistaken Coach Moore will have enough years in to retire next year so that may have played a role in it, not sure though.

She seemed to be a nice lady and a heck of a coach
WOW! Peggy Moore goes to state 4 years in a row and is relieved of her duties?! That's a red flag to all potential candidates. Try following that success, and do it without looking over your shoulder.

Good luck to Coach Moore in whatever she decides to do.
Altro Cat Wrote:Breathitt is now open.

I would think they would want someone to come in and keep building on the program instead of a grade school coach just my opinion though.
HD28 Wrote:WOW! Peggy Moore goes to state 4 years in a row and is relieved of her duties?! That's a red flag to all potential candidates. Try following that success, and do it without looking over your shoulder.

unbielivable what is going on in Jackson, firing Nobel now Moore :popcorn:
T1up Wrote:unbielivable what is going on in Jackson, firing Nobel now Moore :popcorn:

This could be possibly the best job position in the region as far as regional drawing and district mathups each and every year. Shame the politics take over.
HD28 Wrote:WOW! Peggy Moore goes to state 4 years in a row and is relieved of her duties?! That's a red flag to all potential candidates. Try following that success, and do it without looking over your shoulder.

She was a great coach and great person, BUT the reason she went to the state tourney was because of one special player, now that she is gone, I guess they are done paying the coach the big bucks.
EKYHoops Wrote:She was a great coach and great person, BUT the reason she went to the state tourney was because of one special player, now that she is gone, I guess they are done paying the coach the big bucks.

I dont think I would go that far that player you are talking about had a very good team to go along with her those years you cant win a region with just one player and you sure cant win without a coach.
Updated.
EKYHoops Wrote:She was a great coach and great person, BUT the reason she went to the state tourney was because of one special player, now that she is gone, I guess they are done paying the coach the big bucks.

That's one of the most asinine statements I've ever heard. Don't kid yourself...nobody ever won a regional tournament without being able to coach a little, and 1 player can't get it done on a consistent basis. As far as big bucks go, what were they paying her?

Thank you. Finally someone who agrees with me.
Coach Moore was a really good coach and a nice person. Yes it is really sad when politics gets into coaching. Heard that Cox is in for girl basketball coach hope he can do better than he is doing with the boys baseball team but with his pull he shouldn't have any trouble with being the head coach cant fire yourself from the job I guess it is all you know.
The head coaching job at Bryan Station is now open. Coach Jackson took over the job at Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
Updated.
Apollo
Bath County
Henry Clay
McCreary Central
I guess Lawrence County will be looking for a new coach. The absolute best coach Lawrence girls have ever had did not get rehired for next year. I guess by June 30th the LC financial picture will be a little clearer and she will be rehired.
So...is she fired, or being re-hired....???
HD28 Wrote:So...is she fired, or being re-hired....???
Depends on who you talk to. The BOE list published had 35 names of personnel that their contracts had not been renewed for next year. However, some say this is normal every year and most if not all will be rehired when the final budget numbers come in. Others say Lawrence is on an extremely tight budget and may not have the money to fund these positions.
Update on the Breathitt coaching search. It doesn't look like Gywin Cox will take the job.