Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was the KHSAA thinking?
I came down here to the state tournament and buy a program expecting to see Shelby Valley on the cover after winning the state last year. To my surprise, a nice big picture of the Ballard Bruins graces the cover. How about some respect for a school that wins the state!!! :flush:
I thought it was a tradition to have the defending state champs on the back of the book? That's how it's been since I've went these past couple years.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Okay, I thought it would be stupid to bring this up somewhere on here but I noticed alot of things wrong with that program book this year! I looked through the past few years books (all Valley trips) and they have a full two page spread on the tourney from the year past with the championship game being the main focus. This was stats from each round, scores etc. They completely left that out this year. In ALL of the past programs they had probably 15 extra pages worth of extremely interesting stats from the sweet 16 dating back to 1919. They completely left that out (a page of past champions was it). And on the back on the book there has always been a congrats to the champs from the year passed. This year it was just a PNC ad.... I got to look through the whole book getting to the game about 45 minutes early.

Im glad somebody other than me noticed this stuff. I'm not saying that the KHSAA was trying to "screw us over" or anything but I was just hoping for he same kind of book.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How much are the programs this year?
I was extremely disappointed in this year's program. Looked like cost cutting to me. I'm a huge history buff, and I like having the programs with all the results and moments from past Sweet 16s. They used to have a page dedicated to Shots Heard Round the State that was interesting to read. They really phoned it in this time.
No you had it right, we got screwed over, and it's called no RESPECT for a 1A Mountain team that came to Rupp and creamed by double digits, 3,4, and 5A schools. If they could put Ballard on the cover, they sure as heck can put the winners. They will be hearing from me, and my voice is only one, it takes many to to be HEARD!!!!!
I too was disappointed in this years book. I like reading the past stats and Shelby Valley should have been on the cover. Total dissappointment.
The same thing happened to the football program at the state finals. A shell of what they used to put out. A lot of it was redundant info, but I still want it. I like all the records..etc. The state tourney program for both football and basketball should be a sort of history book. The old programs were great. If I knew who to complain to, I surely would. Those programs have to be a huge money maker. I think guys like myself and others are buying them as much for the history as they are for the current games. Step it back up KHSAA.
I would suggest sending an email to the KHSAA. Probably Julian, the commissioner. His email is really easy to find. I just dont want to be the one to post it. Go to KHSAA.org and click on staff. If you click his pic it will pop up. Or hover over it and you can see it at the bottom of the screen.

Its not like they are going to read forums, but if they get enough emails I guarantee they check into it and make changes. The wrestling one this year was 20 pages of ads.
Nothing against Ballard, but what would be the reasoning for putting them on the cover? They didn't even make it to state did they???
MisterPerfect Wrote:I thought it was a tradition to have the defending state champs on the back of the book? That's how it's been since I've went these past couple years.
Is Valley on the back?
TheRealVille Wrote:Is Valley on the back?

Nope. It was just a big PNC ad.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
It took a new commishioner to mess this up, the woman who retired last year was responsible for making these books, the way they are supposed to be. Mr. Tackett is out of touch already with what Winner's are deserving of. I suggest they reprint some with the ones the way they should be. I hear he is a really good friend of a local AD, maybe he can ask him?
DragonFire Wrote:I was extremely disappointed in this year's program. Looked like cost cutting to me. I'm a huge history buff, and I like having the programs with all the results and moments from past Sweet 16s. They used to have a page dedicated to Shots Heard Round the State that was interesting to read. They really phoned it in this time.
It is pitiful. Worst program I've ever seen. No history in it at all.

The KHSAA is even more of a joke today than it was yesterday.
Panther Thunder Wrote:It is pitiful. Worst program I've ever seen. No history in it at all.

The KHSAA is even more of a joke today than it was yesterday.

Yeah, I definitely agree with ya there!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
To be honest, I have never had much respect for the KHSAA in general. Just look at the trophies they award teams now! Compared to those given for state, region, and district champions in other states, the ones KHSAA give look extremely cheap and boring. They are just three pieces of wood and a base. Plus, the smaller sports, volleyball and such, don't even have plaques that say district, region, etc., champion on them, just white stickers! The only trophy they give that looks good is the state basketball trophy. The others are just simple and cheap.
PATS2011 Wrote:To be honest, I have never had much respect for the KHSAA in general. Just look at the trophies they award teams now! Compared to those given for state, region, and district champions in other states, the ones KHSAA give look extremely cheap and boring. They are just three pieces of wood and a base. Plus, the smaller sports, volleyball and such, don't even have plaques that say district, region, etc., champion on them, just white stickers! The only trophy they give that looks good is the state basketball trophy. The others are just simple and cheap.
I'd say all the state title and runner-up trophies are pretty solid. I saw the runner-up for Allen County-Scottsville, and it was solid. Even the Final Four trophies for basketball are nice. But below those levels, yes, terrible. They at least used to be wood with an outline of Kentucky and nice engraved plates. Now they're generic and have this awful plate with some ugly print on it.

I'd take the trophies they gave out in the 80s anytime, and really, those were not too pretty to look at.
Can someone post Commissioner Tackett's e-mail, I cannot get it to come up. I will be happy to e-mail him, more than happy.
[email]jtackett@khsaa.org[/email]

I think this is it.
Benchwarmer Wrote:[email=jtackett@khsaa.org]jtackett@khsaa.org[/email]

I think this is it.

Thank you. I have no problem telling him what I think of dissing a Champion 1A Mountain team.
The only thing that keeps the khsaa (not KHSAA because they don't deserve capital letters) from drowning in a sea of muck is that they are standing on the NCAA's shoulders.
If anyone does email them can you mention that there are a lo of people that are upset about it. I really would love a reprint of something. And of course demand a free one. How many times is my school going to win the state title and be honored like that??? And they screw it up.
[SIZE="4"]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:If anyone does email them can you mention that there are a lo of people that are upset about it. I really would love a reprint of something. And of course demand a free one. How many times is my school going to win the state title and be honored like that??? And they screw it up.

There is strength in numbers. There is an anonymous line you can call or you can call directly on Monday or e-mail. My dad always said the squeaking wheel gets greased!!! Or if enough make noise, he will do something to make us shut up and go away.
mrsportsfan Wrote:There is strength in numbers. There is an anonymous line you can call or you can call directly on Monday or e-mail. My dad always said the squeaking wheel gets greased!!! Or if enough make noise, he will do something to make us shut up and go away.

Will do!! I'll email them.
[SIZE="4"]
The Wildcats deserve more respect for winning a state championship.
codeblue Wrote:The Wildcats deserve more respect for winning a state championship.

I wish. I think that a reissuing should be done but I guess to them it isnt too big of a deal.
[SIZE="4"]
Mr. Tackett attended Bryan Station High School in Lexington, Ballard is in Louisville. What a shame to put a runner up on the front of the book for which they weren't entitled? Shelby Valley is a 1A school in Pike County. We were the winners, not Ballard, they lost to us? We don't deserved to be disrespected, you'll be hearing from us, come Monday morning!!!!!!
Shelby Valley is 3a first off. But yes the KHSAA is a pathetic and worthless organization. Its all about the money now. Not the amazing history of that tournament.
Valley was on the front.... in three smaller pictures on the side but the big celebration picture was Ballard, I guess after they beat Scott Co on Saturday morning. Kind of interesting with all of the connections lol.
[SIZE="4"]
Thanks for straightening me out on the 1A.