Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg Baseball
jack pack leaves pburg 3-15 any truth?
Yep. He's gone. I heard that Principal Butcher had to inform the players, as Pack didn't even tell the kids he had quit.

It appears the Jack Pack era at Prestonsburg is over...both in baseball and basketball.
Any idea about who the next coach will be?
Just rumors. I know the job is posted, and there have been some applicants.
Not to get off topic. But not even telling your players your leaving? That's low!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Who is running pre-season workouts?
cat86 Wrote:Just rumors. I know the job is posted, and there have been some applicants.

Shane Simpkins? Am I right in that he is involved in some way with either the high school or the middle school baseball program? Seems like someone mentioned that to me.
Bob Seger Wrote:Shane Simpkins? Am I right in that he is involved in some way with either the high school or the middle school baseball program? Seems like someone mentioned that to me.

Of course you're right. Now quit trying to start trouble. :eyeroll:

Shane should definitely be considered if they ever decided in Prestonsburg that there was more to life than football, and quit making a mockery of the baseball program. Gee ohh, get someone, anyone, that has a clue about the game and have them tell you who to hire. Anything. That program has been ridiculous for years now, and really there's no excuse.
See what you do to me, Bob. Get me all fired up and cause me to make my biggest post in years. It's just uncalled for that faculty could care less than to put some of the people they have put in charge of that program in the past.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Of course you're right. Now quit trying to start trouble. :eyeroll:

Shane should definitely be considered if they ever decided in Prestonsburg that there was more to life than football, and quit making a mockery of the baseball program. Gee ohh, get someone, anyone, that has a clue about the game and have them tell you who to hire. Anything. That program has been ridiculous for years now, and really there's no excuse.
See what you do to me, Bob. Get me all fired up and cause me to make my biggest post in years. It's just uncalled for that faculty could care less than to put some of the people they have put in charge of that program in the past.

lol........And what a post it was.:worthy:
Simpkins seems to be the hot name, and the name I hear the most. He is being considered strongly.
Shane would be a great hire. That program could be a contender.
cat86 Wrote:Simpkins seems to be the hot name, and the name I hear the most. He is being considered strongly.

This should be a no brainer! Shane will teach them the game and do a fine job at it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:This should be a no brainer! Shane will teach them the game and do a fine job at it!
True Hook but please:please:don'T put a glove on him and put him in the game.:biggrin: If he is in P-burg that is.
From what I'm hearing Shane Simpkins is the new head baseball coach at Prestonsburg.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:From what I'm hearing Shane Simpkins is the new head baseball coach at Prestonsburg.

Great news for the Blackcat faithful. They may not know it yet but this was an excellent pick. Shane is young ,knowledgeable and very responsible. Give him a little time and the program will take off. I don't have a clue about this years team but watch the progress as the season goes along.:Thumbs:
cat86 Wrote:Yep. He's gone. I heard that Principal Butcher had to inform the players, as Pack didn't even tell the kids he had quit.

It appears the Jack Pack era at Prestonsburg is over...both in baseball and basketball.
If This Is True....Thank You Lord....Our Prayers Have Been Answered!!!
I think that good hire for the Prestonsburg Program would be Magoffin County Assistant Brandon Napier. He is the son of long time Breathitt County Coach Glenn Napier. He has also been an assistant at Magoffin County for the last 4 or 5 years. He is young energetic and grew up around the game. He would be a good option.
Heard yesterday that the Shane Simpkins hire may not be a done deal. There are some other applicants who are being considered.
cat86 Wrote:Heard yesterday that the Shane Simpkins hire may not be a done deal. There are some other applicants who are being considered.

Heard the same thing, also heard that there were a few interviews today for the position.
cat86 Wrote:Heard yesterday that the Shane Simpkins hire may not be a done deal. There are some other applicants who are being considered.

Well, they're nutts if they don't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It's Simpkins. Excellent hire.

Gotta give props to Butcher. He has done all the right things since becoming principal.
I agree with CAT86. The administration definitely got this hire right. Congrats to coach Simpkins, and all the best wishes. It is finally nice, to see some new blood get a chance.
Shane Simpkins is a great coach, he proved that coaching with post 117. He cares for the players like their his own. He will turn the program around
shane will make a great coach!!!!! he coached my son in summer ball last year. he liked him and hopes he helps coach it this summer.
how they looking so far in tthere scrimmages /games
Looked really good in 1 inning against Woodbridge, OH (game called because of lightning). Up 3-0 and still at bat when the game was called.

There is just something different. Players were hustling, having fun, playing with enthusiasm, backing each other up.

If Shane couldn't coach a lick (which we all know he can), he has done more for the morale of this program than anything I can remember in a long time...
cat86 Wrote:It's Simpkins. Excellent hire.

Gotta give props to Butcher. He has done all the right things since becoming principal.

:Thumbs: congrats Coach Simpkins ....:Thumbs: