Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands
mrb5150 Wrote:So what your saying is the best kids are playing? Yes I have seen them play looks like a knot hole team. I wish the kids the best always have but Highlands will never have a good team under B . so what you all are saying is give this man all the time in the world to turn this program around ? How long is to long ? how many loses will it take? I'm glade we have few new members on here that like Highlands Baseball . this is the best site for high school sports you can say whats on your mind without getting banned like that other site .I'm sure he's a nice guy but to me he's not a good high school varsity coach maybe a good JV coach or Freshman .No I have no dog in this fight but know a lot of the kids that play and they deserve better.

Actually the previous post said it all, but I'll ask this, how many games have you been too? We played HHS earlier in the season. The kids respond and play very disciplined baseball. They are fundamentally sound and they play the game right. The game was played at the dump of a field that those kids have been forced to play at (sounds like instead of bashing the coach you need to bash the city for the park they have to play at), and the students that showed up to watch and cheer the birds was tremendous. Your harping has no validity to the real story that is going on there and all sounds like sour grapes to anyone who reads this. I can get it when someone does not like what is going on at their school, but to openly BASH the school (which includes administrators, players, coaches and fans) is downright deplorable.
mrb5150 Wrote:So what your saying is the best kids are playing? Yes I have seen them play looks like a knot hole team. I wish the kids the best always have but Highlands will never have a good team under B . so what you all are saying is give this man all the time in the world to turn this program around ? How long is to long ? how many loses will it take? I'm glade we have few new members on here that like Highlands Baseball . this is the best site for high school sports you can say whats on your mind without getting banned like that other site .I'm sure he's a nice guy but to me he's not a good high school varsity coach maybe a good JV coach or Freshman .No I have no dog in this fight but know a lot of the kids that play and they deserve better.

I think that is a question that administrators all over the country try to answer every year? In my opinion, and i've seen it first hand, you atleast have to give the new coach time to get his own players thru the system. Most of the players your first year will be divided from the previous coach or somebody else they think should be the coach? The next year you'll have somewhat of the same problem depending on your record and acheivments of the previous season. The bottomline is until you get a group of players that you have develop on your own and who are all buying into your system, it is hard to tell what you are really capable of? I say atleast 3-5 years, possibly shorter than that if the school has a lot of tradition?

Perhaps that also has something to do with him going down and getting those middle schoolers? He may be trying to find his own players that he can develop and that he knows will buy into what he's doing? It's better to be objective in this, and I know that is very difficult at times, but it's the only way you can be rational.
^ Nice and sensible post JRS
openly BASH the school (which includes administrators, players, coaches and fans) is downright deplorable I have only bashed the coach nobody else I just don't like the way he's doing things thats all everybody is untitled to there opinion his plan is not going to work at Highlands it is a football school point blank thats it .Maye 2 more years down the road we will see?Good luck
mrb5150 Wrote:openly BASH the school (which includes administrators, players, coaches and fans) is downright deplorable I have only bashed the coach nobody else I just don't like the way he's doing things thats all everybody is untitled to there opinion his plan is not going to work at Highlands it is a football school point blank thats it .Maye 2 more years down the road we will see?Good luck

You completely missed the last part of that statement when I indicated that when you point one, you point at them ALL. Show up and you will see them all there to support the student athlete and the coach!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think that is a question that administrators all over the country try to answer every year? In my opinion, and i've seen it first hand, you atleast have to give the new coach time to get his own players thru the system. Most of the players your first year will be divided from the previous coach or somebody else they think should be the coach? The next year you'll have somewhat of the same problem depending on your record and acheivments of the previous season. The bottomline is until you get a group of players that you have develop on your own and who are all buying into your system, it is hard to tell what you are really capable of? I say atleast 3-5 years, possibly shorter than that if the school has a lot of tradition?

Perhaps that also has something to do with him going down and getting those middle schoolers? He may be trying to find his own players that he can develop and that he knows will buy into what he's doing? It's better to be objective in this, and I know that is very difficult at times, but it's the only way you can be rational.
:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
Highlands eliminated NCC in the district last year. Who cares if they go 1 and 30 as long as they end NCC's season every year. Last year was a great season IMO. The jury's still out this year.
^ I should have known that would come from you - LOL:Thumbs:
I said what I wanted to say thank you all for your input . One last thing highlands season is :flush:
mrb5150 Wrote:I said what I wanted to say thank you all for your input . One last thing highlands season is :flush:

It may be, but I sure hope you keep showing up and cheer on those kids, because your angst over a person that you have an obvious distaste for should not deter you being there for them. Because it appears that no one else in Ft. Thomas feels the way you do publicly, maybe you should find other reasons to like them versus hating on one person!