Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Coaching Changes
EKYHoops Wrote:Coach Sizemore from Leslie I believe is calling it quits. Coach Collett may step over from the girls and take his shot at the boys job.

I have also heard that Coach Hall is leaning towards getting out at Powell County and that Coach Hatcher (who is always looking to be closer to his family) is trying to get the job in Virginia at a new school that is starting. Also Coach Hammonds has one more year left on his 3 year deal at Letcher to win the region or I'm sure he will be shown the door.

I heard the Hatcher rumor to.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:A 3 year deal to win the region? explain

When they hired the guy, they told him if they don't win the 14th in those 3 years, he will get the boot.
First I heard about a three year deal. Must be really in the know.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I heard the Hatcher rumor to.

Have also heard, now that Christian County is open, that is a good possibility too. Confusedhh:
Doctor J Wrote:He's had enough talent to prove himself the last couple of years. He's lost to Leslie by 18, Perry by 18, and Perry by 12 in first round of district the last 3 years. You prove yourself by winning big games at tourney time. At least be competitive. At least 4 other coaches deserved COY more this year.

Actually, they never lost to Leslie that year. It was Hazard. They, also, lost to Hazard the year before by 16, I think. The thing that you haven't mentioned is that both years that they lost to Hazard, Hazard won the region. Last year, PCC made the finals and, with the exception of the last two minutes of the final game, were the best team in the region and this year's game which was much, much closer than the 12 point final margin was a loss to the regional champion. So, it isn't like they have been losing to nobodies. Of course, the flip side of that is, with the exception of this year, none of the other games were highly contested. As for COY, I think Hatcher or BB King would have been better choices especially in light of how the post season went.
From what I can figure out is that Raymond Justice is defiently bringing his boy to Knott Central, and Raymond will help coach in under BB. Well after the season is over BB is done and Raymond Justice will be your next head coach at Knott Central, getting to coach his son for 3 years in Hindman. Just what I have heard.

I know Hatcher won't stay forever at Perry but I have heard he is going to be the coach at Perry until Robert Paul Amis is able to take the job. Now this is just me but why would Perry even hire him, that would be the biggest mistake Perry could ever make. Even worse then running off Holland.
Crazy Horse Wrote:From what I can figure out is that Raymond Justice is defiently bringing his boy to Knott Central, and Raymond will help coach in under BB. Well after the season is over BB is done and Raymond Justice will be your next head coach at Knott Central, getting to coach his son for 3 years in Hindman. Just what I have heard.

I know Hatcher won't stay forever at Perry but I have heard he is going to be the coach at Perry until Robert Paul Amis is able to take the job. Now this is just me but why would Perry even hire him, that would be the biggest mistake Perry could ever make. Even worse then running off Holland.

You heard wrong!

Don't think he can be hired at Perry until his dad is no longer Superintendent.
I have not seen anything official yet on many of the jobs that were talked about in this post as being or coming open announced yet? Such as Prestonsburg? Allen Central? Leslie County? East Ridge? What's the latest on these potential job openings or will these coaches definitely return to their same positions next season?
apparently there will be some change for the worse in breathitt
Sounds like the news out of Breathitt is that they do not have money to pay a coach. Both boys and girls coach were releived, and two football coaches were let go also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
So much for Coach Collett at Leslie moving from the girls to boys and replacing Coach Sizemore, I believe now that Coach Noble since his firing at Breathitt will be bringing him and his 6'3" guard to Leslie County to become the head coach.
Denny Fugate to Breathitt?
When will it be official?Confusedhh:
Breathitt County will have a nice team next year, I see a few Coaches' applying for this job
But they will have the same superintendent. :flame:
Banks is already getting his team together in Breathitt and he is Arch right hand man.