Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky State Tournament - 64 Team Bracket
I just did this for fun. This would be my 64 team bracket for the Kentucky State.

I used a few rules: 1. All Regions get at least 3 teams in. 2. Region Champs get Auto-bids. (Regional Champs in Caps)

East
1- EASTERN (7th)
16- Deming (10th)

8- John Hardin (5th)
9- Knott Central (14th)

5- Newport Central Cath. (9)
12- Graves County (1)

4- PRP (6)
13- Scott (10)

6- Ashland (16)
11- Holmes (9)

3- Tates Creek (11)
14- Pikeville (15)

7- OLDHAM COUNTY (8)
10 - Muhlenberg County (3)

2- BULLITT EAST (6)
15- Barbourville (13)

Southwest
1- CLARK COUNTY (10)
16- Campbellsville (5)

8- Spencer County (8)
9- Madison Central (11)

5- Western (6)
12- Hazard (14)

4- Moore (7)
13- Johnson Central

6- BELL COUNTY (13)
11- University Heights (2)

3- DIXIE HEIGHTS (9)
14- West Carter (16)

7- MARSHALL COUNTY(1)
10- Simon Kenton (8)

2- CHRISTIAN COUNTY (2)
15- East Jessamine (12)

West
1- LEXINGTON CATHOLIC (11)
16- Breckenridge County (3)

8- Clay County (13)
9- Clinton County (4)

5- Trinity (7)
12- Henderson County (2)

4- WAYNE COUNTY (12)
13- Elliott County (16)

6- Boone County (9)
11- Betsy Lane (15)

3- Bowling Green (4)
14- Buckhorn (14)

7- BARDSTOWN (5)
10- Henry Clay (11)

2- Jeffersontown (7)
15- Fulton County (1)

Southeast
1- Ballard (7)
16- Livingston County

8- Paducah Tilghman (1)
9- Pulaski County (12)

5- ROWAN COUNTY (16)
12- Mercer County (12)

4- PERRY CENTRAL (14)
13- Fern Creek (7)

6- DAVIESS COUNTY (3)
11- Mason County (10)

3- Scott County (11)
14- Corbin (13)

7- Central (7)
10- SHELBY VALLEY (15)

2- WARREN CENTRAL (4)
15- Ryle (9)

MY FINAL FOUR
Eastern -EAST
Jeffersontown - WEST

Clark County - SOUTHWEST
Warren Central - SOUTHEAST
Pretty Cool. I'm not gonna take time to analyze it, but good job!
Buckhorn didn't make it out of there district, and Hazard I think lost in the first round. Take those two out and Put Letcher Central and Knott Co Central in it's place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Buckhorn didn't make it out of there district, and Hazard I think lost in the first round. Take those two out and Put Letcher Central and Knott Co Central in it's place.

Hazard and Buckhorn was the 2 best teams in Region other than PCC and Knott. There's no arguement to that. But I agree that Letcher should be in there somewhere.
pretty neat. if this happened it would be insane. knott would have an early exit!!
Nice job, but way off on the 10th region. Did not acknowledge either Mason County, or even the team that beat Mason County to play in the Regional finals against Clark County, Pendleton County.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Hazard and Buckhorn was the 2 best teams in Region other than PCC and Knott. There's no arguement to that. But I agree that Letcher should be in there somewhere.

Letcher beat Hazard with Stewart healthy. By the end of the season Hazard was definitely not one of the top four teams in the region. Losing Spencer really hurt them.
how do you not have Madisonville North in from region 2, they finished runner up and beat Henderson County....Jan 31, Henderson County home 61 - 56 (W)
No way Muhlenberg is a 10 seed or Daviess is a 6 seed. Can't believe after seeing those teams several times this year that there are 36 teams better than Muhlenberg and can't believe 18 teams are better than Daviess.
LOL only in a perfect world. I think that this would be amazing to have happen. Great information and I am sure this took a lot of time to make up!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
it essentially is a 128 team tournament in Kentucky with teh culmination being the sweet 16 rather thanthe final 4
This is a good idea. I like this way unstead of the 16 team bracket. This would give more teams a chance of winning a state championship
15th region??
Really, No other teams besides valley?
What happened to 3 from each.
But other than that, great job!:Clap:
jceagle5 Wrote:15th region??

Central is in it?
wildcats fan Wrote:This is a good idea. I like this way unstead of the 16 team bracket. This would give more teams a chance of winning a state championship

Every team starts out in the district tournament so all approx. 270 teams have a chance to win.
jceagle5 Wrote:15th region??

Pikeville and JC are in there
they should have a 64 team turnament
I seen 4 15th region teams in there.
SV, Pikeville, Johnson Central, and Betsy Lane.
footballfever Wrote:Every team starts out in the district tournament so all approx. 270 teams have a chance to win.

In the district tournament some teams may be better and they get a bad draw and they may have a touch district
I wouldn't have complained. We'd still be playing rather than sitting at home.
Why not eliminate the regional tournament and have all of the district winners advance to the state tournament?
I love the format that it is in right now. I think that it really does make the state basketball tourney one of the most interesting and exciting in the nation. And once in a while you get the Hoosier's run through the tourney. The NCAA style tourney is extremely cool to look at and just see who the teams would play.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]