Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region predictions/thoughts for 11/12 season
What are the real early predictions for 2011/12 season.
Perry returns some good players and should stay close to the top.

Buckhorn returns everyone of importance, I think, so they should remain close to the top as well.

Expect Hazard to be good as they always are although the rumors of a coaching change are still out there and grew louder after the loss in the regional tournament.

Breathitt could take a big step up if everybody stays.

I don't know enough about the other teams to make an honest prediction.
Letcher Central loses one player and returns four starters.
I look for Perry and Buckhorn to be at the top again this year.

Perry loses Dustin Brewer, Axl Sizemore, and Dillon Cornett. I look for Braxton Beverly to take the Point Guard position. With Trevor Combs moving down to 2-Guard. I think Austin Pray will play Small Forward; Kyle Huff to play Power Forward; and Dalton Cornett to fill Dillon's shoes as Center.
There is a lot of time until next season but if everything remains the same:
1. Buckhorn - Everyone returns
2. Letcher Central - Lose Brian Roark; return 4 starters and Sam Robinson should improve as a sophomore, Matt Neace is a nice post player
3. Hazard - Lose Eric Back and Jon Combs; great class of freshmen will be sophomores and Evan Whitaker will be eligible
4. Perry Central - Lose Dillon Cornett and Dustin Brewer; Cornett will be hard to replace
5. Knott Central - Lose Mikey Slone, Nason Roberts, and Evan Potter; Zack Davis returns and Evan Hall will be stronger as a freshman
6. Wolfe County - Everyone returns
7. Leslie County - Everyone Returns
Breathitt returns everybody but Hays who missed most of the year due to injury. They will be very good this year.
Deacon Lane Wrote:There is a lot of time until next season but if everything remains the same:
2. Letcher Central - Lose Brian Roark; return 4 starters and Sam Robinson should improve as a sophomore, Matt Neace is a nice post player
3. Hazard - Lose Eric Back and Jon Combs; great class of freshmen will be sophomores and Evan Whitaker will be eligible
4. Perry Central - Lose Dillon Cornett and Dustin Brewer; Cornett will be hard to replace
5. Knott Central - Lose Mikey Slone, Nason Roberts, and Evan Potter; Zack Davis returns and Evan Hall will be stronger as a freshman

:Thumbs:
Breathitt will be in this mix also!
I've picked the last two region champs preseason, my pick for 2012. Hazard Bulldogs, with addition of Whitaker and returning BJ Combs. They'll to the team to beat IMO.
Estill may lose several but they return alot of other good players and have a very good 8th grade class coming down. should be another good year for the Engineers!
Breathitt will surprise some people next year and I expect them to compete for a regional title.
Perry will be near the top agai
Hazard and Breathitt don't lose a lot and will compete as well.
Buckhorn returns me everybody so they might be the preseason favorite.
The region will definitely be much stronger top to bottom next year, several good players are returning.
where is the region next year?
Knott Central
I see Hazard coming out as the champs next year with Perry right behind them.
I don't see BJ choking 3 years in a row.
Next year will be the year he comes through.
hazard should be the top team with perry and letcher close behind. after those three it's a toss up. buckhorn will be OK but they won't be the team to beat. knott will struggle and might win 16 games. no way they make a ridiculous run to the title game again.
My order would be:
1.) PCC (even with the loss of big cornett, they will be a year older and more mature.)
2.) Letcher (only losing roark)
3.) Buckhorn (everyone back, enough said)
4.) Knott (the NEW and young kids will have to step up with Davis)
5.) Hazard (alot of unproven players and the loss of back and Jon combs as leaders will hurt them.)
6.) Breathitt
bdub Wrote:My order would be:
1.) PCC (even with the loss of big cornett, they will be a year older and more mature.)
2.) Letcher (only losing roark)
3.) Buckhorn (everyone back, enough said)
4.) Knott (the NEW and young kids will have to step up with Davis)
5.) Hazard (alot of unproven players and the loss of back and Jon combs as leaders will hurt them.)
6.) Breathitt
who is the new kids for knott county
CADEREECE Wrote:who is the new kids for knott county

Confusedhh:
Powell will have a good year, might get that regional title
watch out for chris ferguson for powell county, he had to sit out this year due to injury but he will be a weapon for the pirates next year
CADEREECE Wrote:who is the new kids for knott county

Im hearing Justice kid and a few JBS kids. Not sure though.
I do not know too much about the 14th region but if I had to take a guess, I think that Buckhorn sounds like my favorite!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Knott getting transfers, there's a shocker. Over half their team is probably transfers.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I do not know too much about the 14th region but if I had to take a guess, I think that Buckhorn sounds like my favorite!

Has Kyle Spencer enrolled at the Horn?
Aslan Wrote:Knott getting transfers, there's a shocker. Over half their team is probably transfers.

Oh boy here we go....
codeblue Wrote:Has Kyle Spencer enrolled at the Horn?

I don't think he has. I had heard he was going to transfer earlier in the year and since then I have asked my cousin who goes to Buckhorn several times and he says he hasn't. I asked him just today and he said no but he wasn't positive if he had or not.
Deacon Lane Wrote:There is a lot of time until next season but if everything remains the same:

I think you have to include Lee County in this as well because they will have quite an experienced squad with 9 Seniors and 8 Juniors!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Aslan Wrote:Knott getting transfers, there's a shocker. Over half their team is probably transfers.

not according to benchwarmer :eyeroll:
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:not according to benchwarmer :eyeroll:

What have I said about the situation in this thread about transfers?
Are you infatuated with me because it seems to me I'm all you talk about or think about.
I agree that Lee Co. should be in the mix, they are losing one senior. Returning with 9 seniors and 8 juniors. Also who cares about transfers!!! Its gonna happen cant make excuses every team puts 5 players on the floor. Most of the time the better 5 come out with a Win. Its basketball its simple. I agree also that buckhorn will be a top contender with the Day kid. They are very experienced and will be wanting a title. Hazard and perry both have good teams and will be in the run.
I'm going Perry all the way next season, boys.