Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valley's rebuilding year
If this year was a rebuilding year for Shelby Valley then what will they have the next couple years. How did Virgie and Dorton do in county tourniments this year? Virgie and Dortons teams plus a few transfers just about garantees Valley a few more trips to Rupp in the next few years .
Virgie won the county this year. The only games they lost were in the BCI to Lexington Catholic and in the KBA to Wayne County. Dorton was down from last year. We were defeated in the 2nd round of the county tournament by Virgie. We had a few good players who will contribute to SV over the next few years. Our real talent is in the 6th grade though. SV will be tough for the next several years. Next year is the question mark year for me. The young players will have to work very hard to help the team get back to Rupp next year. The only upperclassmen are Logan Lucas, Jordan Robinson, and Cody Bentley. Cody Bentley and Jordan Robinson will both have to play much bigger roles next season. Logan Lucas showed this season what he is capable of. He should be the team leader.
I think that the general opinion around the program has been that it would take them a couple seasons to recover from the drop in talent, however an unpected run can take place any year, as we are all witness to. So for next year, what does this really mean..... Well I think like coach said, the upperclassmen that are going to be the vetern leadership on the team will have to play and even bigger role than what they have this year. I think that they have the young talent to take them to the title but just like this year, they will have to development, change and adapt to a new kind of team. Ultimately, they will be one of the better teams in the region winning probably around 20 games next year. Will they be developed enough to win the district? Yes, I think so. The region? They will be able to contend. Overall, Shelby Valley is in good shape for years to come and the basketball should continue to be a rich tradition.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's easy to have success in a rebuilding year when you play in the worst region in the state that year lol
zaga_fan Wrote:It's easy to have success in a rebuilding year when you play in the worst region in the state that year lol

I agree, the 15th is awful.

Most of the schools have talent coming back, and a few of the larger schools have enough talent for several teams. It is not about talent, it depends on coaching, plain and simple and it apperars SV has a dandy.
zaga_fan Wrote:It's easy to have success in a rebuilding year when you play in the worst region in the state that year lol

Very true! But as we saw last year, if the cards fall right and you have the right kind of kids on your team, a region as bad as the 15th can still produce a championship caliber team.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Very true! But as we saw last year, if the cards fall right and you have the right kind of kids on your team, a region as bad as the 15th can still produce a championship caliber team.

Absolutely!
So what is everyone's opinion of how next year will fair for Valley. I know that they lose some kids that have been with the program for a while in the Roberts as well as the spirited new comer in Reynolds. But the young players like Richardson, Belter, Newsome, Rowe, etc are getting big time experience at a young start and can hopefully follow the same path that Justice, Hatfield, Newsome(s), Varney.

So what's everyone's opinion?
[SIZE="4"]