Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All "A" State Classic Moves to Frankfort
The Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic boys’ and girls’ state basketball tournaments are moving to Frankfort where they will be played in the Frankfort Convention Center starting in 2012.

The Frankfort Arena seats 5,400 just a little bit small then EKU, but All "A" is never a sell out anyways.

Personally I don't like this. I enjoyed playing and watching the All "A" State at EKU.

BUT one good thing is they moved it to the week before the Super Bowl.
should be held at freedom hall.
I believe the Expo had a bid in this if I'm not mistaken.
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:should be held at freedom hall.

Too large of a venue.
I am a little torn about the change of location. Selfishly, I kind of like the move to Frankfort. If any team that I follow makes it to the All "A" Classic, it will be a short drive for me to watch them play.
Actually Richmond is a better location for the state tourney. It is centrally located in the state.
I thought Richmond was just fine.
great move by the All A people......gets it off superbowl weekend and now all the teams can stay in the capital plaza hotel and walk back and forth to the game.....The attendance to the games will go up now that all kids not participating in certain sessions can just walk over and watch....should make it alot more fun for the kids
Panther Thunder Wrote:I believe the Expo had a bid in this if I'm not mistaken.

We no that Southeastern Kentucky will never get anything.
I always liked it at Richmond.
I have always, liked it at EKU. I thought that it is always an awesome feel to have it on a college campus. I just wish that they could have worked it out. I think that at the end of the three years it will be right back at EKU. They had to move it because of issues with the OVC (EKU must have had to have a game through the week there) and I am sure that they will look into coming back after these years in Frankfort.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Benchwarmer Wrote:We no that Southeastern Kentucky will never get anything.

Yes we "no" (know) that...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis