Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region rankings/predictions 2011/12 (its never too early)
I am still not entirely sure as to how to decipher Shelby Valley's run to another region title. I am a little hesitant to go ahead and write them in as a region favorite, losing a couple seniors and still relying on so much youth in Belter, Richardson, Newsome, and Rowe. If I had to guess I would say Betsy Layne but I’m not for sure as to who they lose and who is coming up. Same goes for Johnson Central who loses a lot but at a school that size should simply just reload with talent. So I will make an attempt but I really would love to see how the discussions go as to what to expect in this region next year.
1) Betsy Layne
2) Johnson Central
3) Shelby Valley
4) East Ridge
5) Belfry
6) South Floyd
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BL will be the top of the region again next year..but SF has nobody so they would be lower than 6th
BL loses their best 2 players and 3-4 starters, Pike Central loses their best player, SV loses Reynolds who was key to their run, South Floyd loses their only 2 scoring options, Belfry loses 5 of their top 6, Pikeville loses 5 of their top 8, Johnson Central loses everyone except Hall, and Sheldon Clark loses 2-3 best players.......
Should be another wild season in the 15th.
Shelby Valley for the next 4 years, everybody else playing for 2nd.
The other 15th region teams blew their chance this year to unseat the Wildcats.
Nobody gave betsylane a chance. great season guys, and good luck
::Famous:: Wrote:BL will be the top of the region again next year..but SF has nobody so they would be lower than 6th

Thanks for the information about South Floyd

NEXT Wrote:BL loses their best 2 players and 3-4 starters, Pike Central loses their best player, SV loses Reynolds who was key to their run, South Floyd loses their only 2 scoring options, Belfry loses 5 of their top 6, Pikeville loses 5 of their top 8, Johnson Central loses everyone except Hall, and Sheldon Clark loses 2-3 best players.......

Wow, the region loses a lot of talented players. I didn't know just how much each team lost but MAN I think that East Ridge may be the surging team for next year. Shelby Valley should be an interesting team to watch and see if the youth begins to develop and grow up more and more. I think that if they can improve their young players over the off season they could be the best team in the region but until I see how they deal with losing those 4 seniors.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
East Ridge should have a much better season IMO. It's crazy to say with all their youth, but they also have some real talent in their upcoming freshman and sophomores.

Predicted starting lineup for next season:

G: Camron Justice(FR.)
G: Johnny Miller(FR.)
F: Kory Thacker(Sr.)
F: Hayden Mullins(Sr.)
C: Patrick Coleman(So.)
Valley for the next 4 years.
Yea, I think that this was Pikeville's chance to steal the region. They took advantage and got ran through the district but now East Ridge as well as Shelby Valley will continue to build into the powers in the 15th in the coming years.
[SIZE="4"]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am still not entirely sure as to how to decipher Shelby Valley's run to another region title. I am a little hesitant to go ahead and write them in as a region favorite, losing a couple seniors and still relying on so much youth in Belter, Richardson, Newsome, and Rowe. If I had to guess I would say Betsy Layne but I’m not for sure as to who they lose and who is coming up. Same goes for Johnson Central who loses a lot but at a school that size should simply just reload with talent. So I will make an attempt but I really would love to see how the discussions go as to what to expect in this region next year.
1) Betsy Layne
2) Johnson Central
3) Shelby Valley
4) East Ridge
5) Belfry
6) South Floyd

BL - Looses:
Nathan Martin, Dylan Maldanado, Derek Tacket, Casey Adkins & Tyler Recznik

JC - Lost:
Wade Skaggs, JK Hall, Cody Parker, Tanner Bratton, Tate Salyer, TJ Curtis & Nate Akers (1 more year away IMO, IF Hall stays)

SV - Lost:
Brett Reynols, Trey & Rusty Roberts & Jacob Robinson

Pikeville - Lost:
Noah Hamilton, Anthony Evans, Taylor Ratliff, Layne Cecil & Wes Rowe

SF - Lost:
Dakota Hall, Dakota Newsome, Kyle Bailey & Shannon Turner

Belfry - Lost:
Jordan Varney, Morgan Bently, Chris Altizer, Joey Pinson & Anthony Strother

That is a lot of kids from each team to lose.

I look for ER to make a push next season and I also look for SCHS (If Moore returns) and Paintsville to make some noise.

Paintsville lost Green (Hardest player in the Region to replace IMO though) and Caldwell. But also return:
Trevor Tiller (IMO he WILL be back), Timmy Sublett, David Slone, Matt Daniels, Seth Daniels (ALL started or played in EVERY game last season). I also look for Matt Ison, Colby Burchett, Colton Caldwell and possibly a couple more of the younger ones to contribute next season. And what also helps this bunch....They have started to get that "Tiger Pride" about them. Now, I'm NOT saying this bunch will win Region. HECK it's a WAR just to get out of the District! But, I do think they will be one of the toughest outs of either Tourney, which ever one it is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I think East Ridge and Shelby Valley has the most talent.
Look for Allen Central they havent done much latly, but they are coming back with some upper classmen.

Possible starting lineup
C-Stephen Goble Junior
PF-Micah Harlow Senior
SF-Tyler Cole Senior
SG-Seth Jarrell Senior
PG-Junior Handshoe Sophmore

They are also getting some good middle school players coming up.
IMO even though Pike Central did lose there best player in Hobo Mccoy I believe they will still be a great team with a good coach.
Predicted lineup:
Dylan Meade
Blake Clark
Justin Runyon
Allan Boggs
Cory Shouse

And hopefully they will get Brent Cornette back to play next year.
Been hearing rumors of players from multiplr schools transferring to B.L.
Has Been Wrote:Been hearing rumors of players from multiplr schools transferring to B.L.

Braxton Tackett from AC moved there
Betsy Layne will have a lot of talent returning with Andrew Roberts, Dylan Hamilton, Garran Newsome, Peyton Case, and ac transfer Braxton Tackett.
Belfry loses Varney, Altizer, Bentley, Pinson, and Strother. Returns Messer, Runyon, Masters, Robinson, and a few others. There will likely be a few kids transferring over with Mingo Central opening next year, which won't hurt since Williamson is playing in the state tournament in West Virginia currently.
the Valley has some young talent coming from Virgie and Dorton. But Greg N.may be there a few more years the guy can flat out coach.
I know that JC has a very strong freshman group in this year, the 8th grade was strong and the 7th was State Runner ups. There is more than enough talent for JC to dominate next year and beyond. Lots of talent and numbers.

We have not developed this talent at the high school level, but from what I am hearing, that might take place soon. We were a joke in football until we got a qaulity hire at coach and now dominate not only the region, but play compeitive at the state level. I know alot of people will get on her and disagree, but everyone knows in the 15th that JC is the biggest school and a sleeping giant if we can ever get our act togather.
MonsterMan Wrote:I know that JC has a very strong freshman group in this year, the 8th grade was strong and the 7th was State Runner ups. There is more than enough talent for JC to dominate next year and beyond. Lots of talent and numbers.

We have not developed this talent at the high school level, but from what I am hearing, that might take place soon. We were a joke in football until we got a qaulity hire at coach and now dominate not only the region, but play compeitive at the state level. I know alot of people will get on her and disagree, but everyone knows in the 15th that JC is the biggest school and a sleeping giant if we can ever get our act togather.

Wasn't the 8th grade state runner's up in basketball and the 7th grade state runner's up in football?

Regardless there is a lot of talent in both groups.
Johnson Central will do fine just because of size.

Betsy Layne will do fine.

Paintsville will be better IMO.

Valley loses Reynolds who is the only reason they are in the state tourney.

It will be a wild ride next year.
How does everyone feel with Pikeville? I know that they lose a big group of seniors but can they recover and compete with East Ridge and Valley?

And who is your all's pick to win it all next year?
[SIZE="4"]