Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Co. Central vs Wayne Co. 3/17 (Sweet 16 1st Rd)
Thoughts on this one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Perry by 3.

Perry Central-49
Wayne-46
Perry by 5. 49-44
Wayne will make for a tough game but I still think Perry will pull it out. Wayne does have a lot of experience with the four seniors.
Gimme Perry by 1
Wayne needs to try and push the tempo against Perry Central. Perry Central could beat any team in the Sweet 16 on a given night because of size and the style they play.
Wayne by 6
Should be a great game! I am going to go with Perry Central in this one because it seems like they're one of the best teams for making their opponents play their style of basketball!

Commodores by 4
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
wayne has a very good team. perry is gonna have to really play well to beat this bunch. the key is beverly and how he handles playing in the greatest state tournament in one of the greatest arena's in our country. he should be fine and i look for both cornett boys to have solid games.

perry 44
wayne 42
The question will be if PCC can handle the same type of defense they do to people. Because if I was wayne, I would chase Beverly all night long and make it hard for him to get the ball, and would have someone in front and back of Cornett. Let the others try to beat them, won't happen. If PCC can handle this type of defense, they can pull out the win, if not, they go home early. Wayne has 3 people that can shoot it, will be hard to get into a triangle and 2 on them. Will have to go with Wayne, by 4.
EKYHoops Wrote:The question will be if PCC can handle the same type of defense they do to people. Because if I was wayne, I would chase Beverly all night long and make it hard for him to get the ball, and would have someone in front and back of Cornett. Let the others try to beat them, won't happen. If PCC can handle this type of defense, they can pull out the win, if not, they go home early. Wayne has 3 people that can shoot it, will be hard to get into a triangle and 2 on them. Will have to go with Wayne, by 4.

Somehow Hatcher has turned that triangle and 2 into his primary defense and it's been really effective. Knott had several good shooters and Perry didn't get burnt from deep much. Also neither team is going to shoot as good as they usual would because of the backdrop of Rupp Arena. IMO, this works to Perrys advantage, they don't rely heavily on the three point shot. Nonetheless, Perry has to play well to win.
I'll take Perry by 4.
leecoukfan Wrote:Should be a great game! I am going to go with Perry Central in this one because it seems like they're one of the best teams for making their opponents play their style of basketball!

Commodores by 4

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Perry by 2 in a thriller.
Wayne Co. by 20
Wayne by 5.

I would really like to see a 14th region team go to Rupp and win a couple games, it has been a while..and I hate being in central kentucky and hear talk of the "weakest region in the state". Which I have several times in the past..

However, Perry just doesn't really have someone in the leadership role, and Wayne has 4 seniors that have played together their entire lives..

I'm just not sure Beverly at 13/14 can handle the pressure of Rupp.
HeGotGame Wrote:Wayne by 5.

I would really like to see a 14th region team go to Rupp and win a couple games, it has been a while..and I hate being in central kentucky and hear talk of the "weakest region in the state". Which I have several times in the past..

However, Perry just doesn't really have someone in the leadership role, and Wayne has 4 seniors that have played together their entire lives..

I'm just not sure Beverly at 13/14 can handle the pressure of Rupp.

I'm interested to see how he handles it....
I think he's going to take it like a champ, though.
I seriously don't think the kid gets phased by anything.
PCC by 4.
Playing on a college court I look for the Cornett brothers to get winded easier and that could lead to some foul trouble. I think that will hurt Perry more then what people think, but I do believe Perry will come out with the win.

PCC-49
Wayne-46

Just make sure the ball is in Beverlys hands to shoot the free throws come crunch time
I cannot wait to see Braxton Beverly living his childhood dream of playing in the big show at Rupp! Go PCC!
PCC by 2
PCC by 9
wayne co. by 30.
Wayne Co. by 7
Pcc
Wayne Co. 58-55.
Perry - 59
Wayne - 55
I'll be pulling for Perry but I don't think they get it done. They haven't been playing their best lately and seem to rely too much on a 7th grader to win games for them. I realize he is very good but he is really young to be carrying a team in the state tournament.
Wayne by 3
wayne by 2
PCC by 10