3. Shannon Turner
4. Trevor Tiller
5. Hobo McCoy
6. Jake McClanahan
7. Wade Skaggs
8. Dakota Hall
9. Nathan Martin
10. J.K. Hall

Thoughts on how final rankings may differ from this???
1. wade skaggs
2. hobo mccoy
3. nathan martin
4. cody parker
5. jk hall
6. jake mcclanahan
7. dakota hall
8. shannon turner
9. trevor tiller
10. bj moore

just pu the quitters last but theres my top ten
1. Hobo McCoy
2. Nathan Martin
3. Wade Skaggs
4. Wes Rowe
5. Casey Adkins
6. Shannon Turner
7. Josh Greene
8. Cameron Justice
9. Cody Belter
10. Will Branham
Hobo has to the top and it is not really close. The kid can fill it up when ever he wants.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mcoy is a great player for Pike Central. He will be a good player at the next level.
1. Hobo McCoy
1A. Shannon Turner
3. Nathan Martin
4. Dakotah Hall
5. Casey Adkins
6.Shane Hall
7. Wes Rowe
8. Cameron Justice
9. Josh Green
10.Wade Skaggs

I don't see how you could possibly have anyone but the top 3 listed as the top 3 players this yr. in the 15th region! Pick your order depending on what type of player your team needs!
Hobo is #1 no doubt.
Cardinals Rule123 Wrote:1. Hobo McCoy
1A. Shannon Turner
3. Nathan Martin
4. Dakotah Hall
5. Casey Adkins
6.Shane Hall
7. Wes Rowe
8. Cameron Justice
9. Josh Green
10.Wade Skaggs

I don't see how you could possibly have anyone but the top 3 listed as the top 3 players this yr. in the 15th region! Pick your order depending on what type of player your team needs!

I'll tell you how.

Hobo McCoy led the state in scoring and was most def. #1 player in the region.

Turner had 2 pts- 1/9 shooting against ER (7pts. against Prestonsburg)
-2nd leading scorer on his team. 1st in rebounding (9rpg, 6'6 Center)
-leading scorer in 11 of 26 games, i think.
-3rd leading scorer in the 58th.

Hall only had below 11pts. one time (6pts. 10rebs against pike central, but sat out a few mins in the 1st half and wasn't really the same after his nose was broke or whatever in that game)
-Led his team in scoring, assists, and steals.
-2nd in rebounding on the team (6'2 guard) 6rpg.
-Leading scorer in district play by 4+ppg.
-led his team in scoring in 15 of the 25 games he played in (sat out one game)
-2nd leading scorer in region.
-led his team in scoring against region competition.

Martin got runner-up in 15th player of the year voting.
The King Wrote:Here is how they were ranked:

1. B.J. Moore
2. Cody Parker
3. Shannon Turner
4. Trevor Tiller
5. Hobo McCoy
6. Jake McClanahan
7. Wade Skaggs
8. Dakota Hall
9. Nathan Martin
10. J.K. Hall

Thoughts on how final rankings may differ from this???
I couldn't see Moore or Parker being the top 2 to begin with. We See how that turned out now.

My opinion is, Hobo has to be at the top, then maybe Martin/Turner, then from there down it's a toss up.
1. McCoy

2. Hall/Martin

3. Cameron Justice
4. Josh Green
5. Wes Rowe
6. Casey Adkins
7. Brett Reynolds
8. Shane Hall
9. Shannon Turner
10. Dalton Richardson
i've never seen a good cats pause list of ranking of players. never will.
This was the 14th Region

TEAMS
1. Hazard
2. Perry Co. Central
3. Knott Co. Central
4. Letcher Co. Central
5. Wolfe County
6. Buckhorn
7. Leslie County
8. Breathitt County
9. Powell County
10. Estill County

PLAYERS
1. Matt Day - Buckhorn
2. Zack Davis - Knott Co. Central
3. Dillion Cornett - Perry Co. Central
4. Jordan Olinger - Hazard
5. Hobert Asher - Leslie County
6. Mikey Slone - Knott Co. Central
7. B.J. Combs - Hazard
8. Carlisle Creech - Powell County
9. Koree Stewart - Letcher Co. Central
10. Dontarius Pittman - Lee County
The order was a little different, but Cantrall had the same top 10 at the end of the year with Powell tied with Lee.
HDE Wrote:This was the 14th Region

TEAMS
1. Hazard
2. Perry Co. Central
3. Knott Co. Central
4. Letcher Co. Central
5. Wolfe County
6. Buckhorn
7. Leslie County
8. Breathitt County
9. Powell County
10. Estill County

PLAYERS
1. Matt Day - Buckhorn
2. Zack Davis - Knott Co. Central
3. Dillion Cornett - Perry Co. Central
4. Jordan Olinger - Hazard
5. Hobert Asher - Leslie County
6. Mikey Slone - Knott Co. Central
7. B.J. Combs - Hazard
8. Carlisle Creech - Powell County
9. Koree Stewart - Letcher Co. Central
10. Dontarius Pittman - Lee County

my point exactly. hazard was the 4th best team, idk if they were even that high. davis wasn't the 2nd best player, he wasn't even the best player on his team.
1. Hobo McCoy
2. Shannon Turner
3. Nathan Martin
4. Dakota Hall
5. Casey Adkins
6. Shane Hall
7. Camron Justice
8. Wes Rowe
9. Dalton Richardson
10. Wade Skaggs
sorry to disagree but who helped there home team to the top. #1Brett Richardson #2Hobo McCoy #3Rusty Roberts #4Nathon Martin #5Dalton Richardson #6Logan Lucas #7Cody Belter
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:my point exactly. hazard was the 4th best team, idk if they were even that high. davis wasn't the 2nd best player, he wasn't even the best player on his team.

It's pretty close. The No. 2 and No. 3 teams played in the finals and the No. 4 team lost in the semifinals. Not one team not in the top 10 in the preseason was there at the end.
HDE Wrote:It's pretty close. The No. 2 and No. 3 teams played in the finals and the No. 4 team lost in the semifinals. Not one team not in the top 10 in the preseason was there at the end.

not hard to predict with the 14th. it's not so much the teams, always the players.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:sorry to disagree but who helped there home team to the top. #1Brett Richardson #2Hobo McCoy #3Rusty Roberts #4Nathon Martin #5Dalton Richardson #6Logan Lucas #7Cody Belter

Screwing up the first name on your list shos you have NO CLUE!

It's Brett Reynolds!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
My Post Season Top 10:

1. Hobo McCoy - 31.5 ppg
2. Josh Green - 20.08 ppg (After Tiller quit, 28 ppg took the team on his back. Prolly averaged a double/double all season.) MOST UNDERATED PLAYER IN REGION!
3. Nathan Martin - 18.4 ppg
4. Cameron Justice - 20.5 ppg
5. Dakota Hall - 19.9 ppg
6. Shannon Turner - 17.2 ppg
7. Tyler Lafferty - 17.4 ppg
8. Cody Parker - 14.8 ppg
9. Wade Skaggs - 16.1 ppg
10. Trevor Tiller - 14.05 ppg (Before being forced to quit)

Well, there's mine...lol. Sure I'll have someone disagree.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
What kind of ranking is this? I havent heard most of these players! The Bowling Green player is not even on the list! I have NEVER seen a list so far off!
^It's a 15th Region Top Ten....LOL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Hobo Mccoy is now #1, and BJ Moore maybe doesnt make the list
OffTheHook Wrote:My Post Season Top 10:

1. Hobo McCoy - 31.5 ppg
2. Josh Green - 20.08 ppg (After Tiller quit, 28 ppg took the team on his back. Prolly averaged a double/double all season.) MOST UNDERATED PLAYER IN REGION!
3. Nathan Martin - 18.4 ppg
4. Cameron Justice - 20.5 ppg
5. Dakota Hall - 19.9 ppg
6. Shannon Turner - 17.2 ppg
7. Tyler Lafferty - 17.4 ppg
8. Cody Parker - 14.8 ppg
9. Wade Skaggs - 16.1 ppg
10. Trevor Tiller - 14.05 ppg (Before being forced to quit)

Well, there's mine...lol. Sure I'll have someone disagree.

How can Tiller be Top 10 when he was not even on a team at the end of the year.

Wes Rowe has to be there as well. Same type player as Josh Green, except he has talent around him. Funny nobody from Pikeville or SV were on your team as that is the two teams that played for the title. Points alone dont define the best players, unless you are just talking top scorers.
The thread is top players. Not top TEAMS. Which SV and Pikeville were teams and made it to there because of EVERY kid on that team. No standouts on those teams. Just hard workers that knew their roles.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Amazingly Smooth Wrote:I'll tell you how.

Hobo McCoy led the state in scoring and was most def. #1 player in the region.

Turner had 2 pts- 1/9 shooting against ER (7pts. against Prestonsburg)
-2nd leading scorer on his team. 1st in rebounding (9rpg, 6'6 Center)
-leading scorer in 11 of 26 games, i think.
-3rd leading scorer in the 58th.

Hall only had below 11pts. one time (6pts. 10rebs against pike central, but sat out a few mins in the 1st half and wasn't really the same after his nose was broke or whatever in that game)
-Led his team in scoring, assists, and steals.
-2nd in rebounding on the team (6'2 guard) 6rpg.
-Leading scorer in district play by 4+ppg.
-led his team in scoring in 15 of the 25 games he played in (sat out one game)
-2nd leading scorer in region.
-led his team in scoring against region competition.

Martin got runner-up in 15th player of the year voting.

This really dont matter now and I agree the Dakota Hall was the most consistent player on the team night in and night out, but when It counted the last two games, 58th finals and 1st round region game Shannon Turner showed why he is the best player on SF team.
Dakota Hall was no where to be found especially in the 1st round regional game. I know he is a good kid but he really struggled in the last two games when there season was on the line and Turner carried the team on his back.
Also you have to credit Turner to some of Dakota Hall sucsess because of all the attention that Turner draws on defense it really open it up for Dakota Hall IMO. The games I watched I never saw Hall draw any double team and Tuner had double teams while in the paint all the time. I wouldnt have responded but Ive read several sour grape posts of yours about this and just so you know stats dont mean everything. Winning does. Bet you ask Turner or if he would rather have a co/58th district player of the year or a win over Betsy Layne that night I bet he chose the win as I think Hall would have. BOth are very good players no need to keep posting this ******* about Turner and Hall and who is the better player.
Billnz28 Wrote:This really dont matter now and I agree the Dakota Hall was the most consistent player on the team night in and night out, but when It counted the last two games, 58th finals and 1st round region game Shannon Turner showed why he is the best player on SF team.
Dakota Hall was no where to be found especially in the 1st round regional game. I know he is a good kid but he really struggled in the last two games when there season was on the line and Turner carried the team on his back.
Also you have to credit Turner to some of Dakota Hall sucsess because of all the attention that Turner draws on defense it really open it up for Dakota Hall IMO. The games I watched I never saw Hall draw any double team and Tuner had double teams while in the paint all the time. I wouldnt have responded but Ive read several sour grape posts of yours about this and just so you know stats dont mean everything. Winning does. Bet you ask Turner or if he would rather have a co/58th district player of the year or a win over Betsy Layne that night I bet he chose the win as I think Hall would have. BOth are very good players no need to keep posting this about Turner and Hall and who is the better player.

2 games? thats not many games.Yeah they were the most important, but it's 2 games....What about the 15 before that, when Hall had 20+ in like 10 straight games...what about in the 15 wins that SF had, Hall lead the Raiders in scoring in 11 of the 15(but Hall didnt play against Riverside either)....What about when Turner was held to 7pts. against Pburg, who was there to lead his team to victory, yeah that was Hall with 19...What about when Turner was held to 10 against Greenup, and Hall scored 23 on 5 3's to lead his team to the win....What about when Turner had 12 against J. Central, That's right Hall had 19....AC held Turner to 12, Hall scorched em for 33...Turner had 2 (1/9 shooting) on East Ridge, Hall had 17...Season was on the line against Pburg in 1st rd of the district, Hall led with 19pts, 8rebs and like 7 or 8 asts...At AC, Turner was held to 15, when Hall went 14/14 from the FT line in a 70-59 win, scoring 22pts...Hall scored 29 on Sheldon Clark, 24 in the 2nd half, while Turner had 20 for the game....SF won 5 district games, Hall led in all 5 scoring 103pts, while Turner scored 65 in those 5 points.

Not sour grapes at all, just my opinion..

Most consistent has to mean something...When in the 14 wins you played in, you led the team in scoring, by a good margin, especially in the District.

Stats may not mean everything, but they mean something.
-Hall avg. more pts. on less shots.
-Hall had 2 or 3X more assists than Turner(had around 50 more last season)
-Hall also led SF in steals (had about 40 more last season)
-When Hall didnt lead SF in scoring, they lost about 90% of those games.

I guess they double teamed Turner on defense to, so Hall could get those Steals, I guess they doubled Turner when Hall would drive to the basket and kick it to an open teammate.

Turner played on the perimeter as much as he did inside.

Guess, they doubled Turner on the FT line when he shot less than 60% (Hall shot 72 or 73%)

Hall didn't lead in scoring against BL or PCC in those 2 games and guess what happened, they lost. That tells me you slow down Hall and you beat SF.

As for the PCC game at the end, Hall only played about 9 or 10 of the first 16 mins, due to his nose being cut down..Hall ended up with 6pts, had a bad shooting game, but pulled down 10rebs as well. Poor fella ended up with something like 10 or 11 stitches in his nose.

No sour grapes Billnz28...Just think Hall was more valuable.

I respect your opinion. As this is just opinion based posts. No Problem in that.
What region are you all talking about anyway? The title of thread is misleading. I doubt any of these players would be in the top 10 in the state.
5throundball Wrote:What region are you all talking about anyway? The title of thread is misleading. I doubt any of these players would be in the top 10 in the state.

How can you be confused about the Title of the thread it says 15th Region right in it?
Commanche Wrote:How can you be confused about the Title of the thread it says 15th Region right in it?

It does now!