Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet 16 --Who are the favorites\Dark Horses?
jceagle5 Wrote:Rowan out of the 16th, has the speed, size, and shooting ability to compete with anyone. IMO

Took the words right out of my mouth.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Anyone know how much tickets are?

$8 if you buy them at the high school. At Rupp Arena: $12 upper level, $16 lower level.

***prices may have gone up though
According to Kentucky Sports Authority - TEAM Kentucky the tickets are 12-17 dollars
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Buliitt East sold 800 tickets in a couple of hours. They went back and got 400 more.
My top of the Bracket pic to play Saturday night would be Christain Cty and my bottom half of the bracket to be playing on Saturday night is Wayne Cty. A true cindy relly team has to be this years Shelby Valley team . Wasn't looking for them at alllllll.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:My top of the Bracket pic to play Saturday night would be Christain Cty and my bottom half of the bracket to be playing on Saturday night is Wayne Cty. A true cindy relly team has to be this years Shelby Valley team . Wasn't looking for them at alllllll.

I completely agree with Christian Co. out of the top part. Valley has their work cut out for them them to make this game close but I am so proud of this team. It really is the cinderella story ONCE AGAIN of the sweet 16. I have been trying to find out for a couple days now how far back you have to go to have a team with a losing record be in the sweet 16 but I have not heard back.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:My top of the Bracket pic to play Saturday night would be Christain Cty and my bottom half of the bracket to be playing on Saturday night is Wayne Cty. A true cindy relly team has to be this years Shelby Valley team . Wasn't looking for them at alllllll.

Eastern is the top team in the state and ranked 18th nationally and most likely to come out of the top bracket....it is loaded. Lower bracket...I see Bullitt East advancing to play Saturday night.
Watch out for Warren Central and Christian County... Warren Central has a never quit attitude as well as the best coach in the State!
5 Star Elite Wrote:Watch out for Warren Central and Christian County... Warren Central has a never quit attitude as well as the best coach in the State!

GRC has beat Christain Co twice this year. First time by 24 points and second time by 14 points. Also beat Warren Central by 16 points. They really looked good in the regional tourney. GRC will need to play their best ball to advance out of the top bracket.
Bell County is a sleeper team to me because they show the ability to win games late.
I think that Eastern will come out of the top and Bullitt East will come out of the bottom bracket.
a good coach with a fair team can out-coach a good team with a bad coach and come out with a win
blue1424 Wrote:I think that Eastern will come out of the top and Bullitt East will come out of the bottom bracket.

That is what my head is telling me, but my heart hopes GRC will come out of top bracket. Think Bullitt East will come out of bottom bracket too.
My favorite: Eastern

Dark Horse: The winner of the Bullitt East/Bardstown game. Both have great size, very good athleticism, solid point guard play and a guy or two that can pull up and pop.
Gold Charger Wrote:GRC has beat Christain Co twice this year. First time by 24 points and second time by 14 points. Also beat Warren Central by 16 points. They really looked good in the regional tourney. GRC will need to play their best ball to advance out of the top bracket.
I understand that GRC was without one of their top players for that game, but I'd welcome the opportunity to play GRC again even though that likely won't happen. I think Warren Central is playing much better ball than they were at that point. They've only lost one game since then. Maybe still wouldn't win, but I think they could make a better showing.
Fav. - Eastern
Dark Horse - Perry Central
DragonFire Wrote:I understand that GRC was without one of their top players for that game, but I'd welcome the opportunity to play GRC again even though that likely won't happen. I think Warren Central is playing much better ball than they were at that point. They've only lost one game since then. Maybe still wouldn't win, but I think they could make a better showing.
Yes GRC was without center Cory Rogers.W have won like 21 of our last 22 games....we lost to Ballard. I agree that it would be a better game..it is state tourney time and the looser goes home.